The simFlight Network Forums

Force mapping FSX keyboard and control functions to PMDG DC-6, FSUIPC the solution?

Hello,

I'm posting this in hopes to find out if by purchasing this product, it can 'repair' the PMDG DC-6.

Normally, and most all planes I've purchase, can do all of the list below, but not the DC-6.

1. throttle increase/decrease using game controller buttons
  2. Propeller Low/Propeller High using keyboard keys
  3. Mixture control using keyboard keys
  4. Shift+E then # door activation using keyboard keys
  5. map appropriate lights to default keyboard keys

Can the payed version of FSUIPC possibly solve everything on this list? i.e. force map this plane's functions to keys or buttons

I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with FSUIPC or its limitations so any help is appreciated.

Please let me know if more details are needed.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Verybumpy said:

Can the payed version of FSUIPC possibly solve everything on this list? i.e. force map this plane's functions to keys or buttons

I really couldn't say. It is not possible for us to test FSUIPC with every add-on.

Are all those functions using normal FSX controls/events? You can use an unregistered install of FSUIPC to log events and check. If the operations you wish to control are exposed in any way then, yes, a registered FSUIPC can let them be programmed for joystick or keyboard control. Also, it should be possible to use "mouse macros" in FSUIPC to control things be emulating what the mouse does for you on the panels.

When you install FSUIPC you will also get the full documentation. I suggest you do that and read up the details of what FSUIPC can do if you purchase it.

You should also post your questions in the appropriate PMDG user forum. Other users would be able to help more than we can.

Pete

9 hours ago, Verybumpy said:

throttle increase/decrease using game controller buttons

Note that the support for Xbox One and Xbox 360 game controllers is not 100% (others should be ok).
For example, they are only affective when the FS has the focus.

I can provide you with a time-limited license for FSUIPC6 if you would like to try the assignment facilities. Let me know.

Sorry, didn't realise you were using FSX. Follow Pete's advise!

John

Thank you for the replies.

I've attached a log using my usual setup with the DC-6. Hopefully the in log notes are understandable. I've delete a bunch of repeat lines btw.

Bottom line: All throttle inputs work the plane EXCEPT the gamepad (wired Xbox360) button press.

Does this provide any insight if registered FSUIPC can be programmed to handle my item #1?

FSUIPC4PMDGforums.zip

Edited by Verybumpy
correcting file notations

• 1 year later...