The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not installing in FSX SE

So im trying to install FSUIPC but its giving me an error saying my FSX installation is not suitable for this version FSUIPC. Some weeks ago it installed just fine but my xml and dll files were corrupt so i had to delete them but trying to install back FSUIPC its giving an error. I really need to use it how can you help. Below is the log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.949

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
     SetupPath=C:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition\

Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
     Parameter"Install_Path"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
     Parameter"AppPath"
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
     Parameter"AppPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX-SE!  <<< ...
     AppPath=C:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition\

************ BUT this is the same path as for FSX! Will only install for FSX-SE ************

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v1 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v3 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX-SE:
SetupPath="C:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition\"
Checking version of the FSX-SE EXE:
... Version 1.0.0.0  (Need at least 10.0.62607.0)
!! WARNING !! This version of FSX-SE is later than any known by this FSUIPC4.
   There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!

********** WARNING! The registry pointer for FSX-SE points to FSX-MS instead! **********

Checking version of the FSX EXE:
... Version 1.0.0.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
!! WARNING !! This version of FSX is later than any known by this FSUIPC4.
   There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!

24 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

So im trying to install FSUIPC but its giving me an error saying my FSX installation is not suitable for this version FSUIPC. Some weeks ago it installed just fine but my xml and dll files were corrupt so i had to delete them but trying to install back FSUIPC its giving an error. I really need to use it how can you help. Below is the log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.949

Version 4.949 is very much out of date -- from 2015, 6 years ago! You need to update!  (Current version is 4.976).

The log even says so:

Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!

There is also anotther problem, though:

Checking version of the FSX EXE:
... Version 1.0.0.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

How can the FSX.EXE be version 1.0.0.0. There never was such a release. It looks like you have a bad FSX install, or something your've added has replaced the main program. Check for yourself -- right-click on the FSX.EXE and see the Version number in its Properties.

Pete

30 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Version 4.949 is very much out of date -- from 2015, 6 years ago! You need to update!  (Current version is 4.976).

The log even says so:

There is also anotther problem, though:

How can the FSX.EXE be version 1.0.0.0. There never was such a release. It looks like you have a bad FSX install, or something your've added has replaced the main program. Check for yourself -- right-click on the FSX.EXE and see the Version number in its Properties.

Pete

In the program it says v1.0.0.0

A few weeks ago it installed just fine

15 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

In the program it says v1.0.0.0

A few weeks ago it installed just fine

Please try not to incorporate your replied within the quotes from my replies! I nearly missed that and was about to reply to ask you why yo missed adding anything.

Anyway, if the EXE says it is version 1.0.0.0 then something has overwritten it. What actual version of FSX are you using?  This pic shows the earliest version of FSX I still have -- but ALL versions have numbers starting 10 (FSX being the 10th version of FS).

image.png.43c686c718efed705e63f9d122eafef3.png

That's one of the FSX-SE releases. The original version from Microsoft was 10.0.60905.0, where I think the 60905 was derived from it's release date (6th September 2005).

If you don't know what is doing this and can't stop it, I think you'll need to reinstall FSX.  FSUIPC has hooks it installs into FSX.EXE which vary from version to version, and as 1.0.0.0 never existed it cannot do anything with it!

Pete

8 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

Is there a way i can have fsuipc installed without having to do an fsx reinstall because i just reinstalled fsx just last month and fsuipc installed just fine

If you can find out what has changed your installation maybe you can fix it. The most likely thing is an add-on what has renamed the real FSX.EXE and gets its own imposter FSX.EXE loaded first to do something, and which then loads the real one.

What does its Properties display show?  is it identical t the one I showed except for the bad version number? Surely there's a clue there in one of the tabs.

Look in the folder where that FSX.EXE resides. Check the size -- mine if 2,681 kb, but this varied a little from version to version. Your imposter is probably very different, so look at the other programs with .EXE in that same folder. One of those might be the renamed original. If you see a possible candidate, look at its properties. One of them may be the correct one, in which case delete the imposter and rename the real one back to FSX.EXE.

And check all your addons to find the one doing this disastrous thing.

I still think it would be better to reinstall, as you don't know what other damage has been done.  If you do this, install any add-ons afterwards one at a time until you discover which one is changing or replacing the FSX.EXE file.

And don't forget, when you get to FSUIPC again, to download the current version first!

Pete

13 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

Is it possible to overwrite fsx with all addons installed

It depends what they modify.  Scenery should be okay, theoretically.  Just try. If you find an add-on doesn't work any more, just reinstall that one. but watch out for whatever is replacing your FSX.EXE.

Did you look in the FSX.EXE folder and check what I suggested?

Pete

14 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

Yes i did even the other exe such as fs9, fs2000 have the same version which is 1.0.0.0

Seems add-on has replaced those as wel. I have FS9.exe , FS2000.exe and FS2002.exe in that folder, and they all show 10.0.62615.0 which is the same as the FSX.EXE (sorry, the version number I quoted earlier was from a backup folder I selected by mistake).

My real FSX.EXE is actually 2.61 Mb in size. The others (FS9, FS2000 and FS2002) are just 102 kb, and are there only for compatibility with older programs, and not true FSX files -- they probably just load the real one.

Look for other EXE's which are not named FS...

And I think you need to show me the properties tab for the FSX.EXE -- just as I showed you one of mine!

It is looking more and more like you will just have to bite the bullet and reinstall. (Unless you have a backup, by any chance? You should always consider doing that after any major changes).

Pete

My DLLs and other sim files are all showing the latest version which 62615, its only the exe files which are 1.0.0.0

I have been comparing with my friends sim and theirs is correct.

So quick question, what if I have them send over their exe files from their fsx directory and I paste them in my directory, will that work?

Just now, hashtag1 said:

My DLLs and other sim files are all showing the latest version which 62615, its only the exe files which are 1.0.0.0

I have been comparing with my friends sim and theirs is correct.

So quick question, what if I have them send over their exe files from their fsx directory and I paste them in my directory, will that work?

fsuipc.jpg

TjProjMain is the original name, so that should point you in the right direction for the culprit addon.

Project1 is the product name. Another clue!

In other words that file is certainly NOT FSX!

One of the other EXE files must surely be the real one? If not in that folder, maybe that addon has moved it someplace.

FSUIPC cannot work without the correct FSX.

Pete

I searched on the web for TjProjMain, and it seems it is a Trojan virus — designed to steal you pc’s resources. Seems your PC has been infected!

I strongly suggest you search as I just did and follow recommendations to remove it. This may involve a reformat and reinstall of Windows, Don’t you have a good backup?

I can’t really help further.

Pete

33 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

I have 2 partitions on my single hard drive, C:/ drive which has the os and D:/ drive which has my data. 

So I should format the C:/ drive and keep my other partition?

Sorry, I really can't advise. I don't know how these infections work and how far they go. Maybe there's some program to check for you? Worth a search.

All I know is that I'd be rather worried, but maybe you can get advice elsewhere?

Pete

I checked out the first one already, I failed to find to some sense in it. Maybe a c:/ drive formatting will do.

Because my other partition is free of virus

Thanks for the help.

I hope you use Windows defender only, my windows defender is always off because when I switch it on it removes suspects from drives

25 minutes ago, hashtag1 said:

Hello, thanks for the help and finding out that my PC had a trojan. I had my PC scanned and cleaned and now my fsx is back. I also managed to install the latest version of fsuipc.

Excellent!

What method of scanning and cleaning did you use?

Good flying!

Pete

Multiple anti viruses

1. Malwarebytes with anti rootkit

2. Roguekiller

3. Eset internet security

And lastly Tron, which is a very powerful Trojan killer.

All were advised by a professional

Blimey! I think I'll print this out in case my PC ever gets infected! 

Thanks, 

Pete

• Like 1