The simFlight Network Forums

Makerunways with MSFS

burdman

Thanks John,

It seems PSU hasn't been seeing the correct Gates in some of my addon Scenery within MSFS which was the reason I had asked. I'll have to ask Humberto if PSU/Prosim requires Makerunways to be run or if there is another reason why it's only seeing MSFS stock Gates rather than those of the installed Addons..

2 hours ago, burdman said:

It seems PSU hasn't been seeing the correct Gates in some of my addon Scenery within MSFS which was the reason I had asked. I'll have to ask Humberto if PSU/Prosim requires Makerunways to be run

ProSim does its own scanning, it doesn't import any MakeRunways files. You do need to talk to Humberto about its scanning on the ProSim Forum. Bear in mind that the MSFS support in ProSim is very much in its early Beta phase. I use ProSim for my 738 cockpit, using P3D5.1, and have no plans to move to MSFS for a long time yet. It needs multiscreen support to start with (2022?), and a lot more. And whilst it makes a good scenery viewer, it's not such a good flight sim yet. Maybe pottering about in a Cessna.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Pardon me for the lake response as I've just noticed your recent post. Thanks for your reply. For the moment then Makerunways wont help me as I have no other addons for MSFS that would currently need it. Good  to know as I wont peruse this any further. I had subtly mentioned several times in the Prosim Forum, but has so far fallen on deaf ears. Must be too many other things on their plates.

As as a note of interest, and a comment from another Prosim user, I tried using the database generated by P3Dv4 and it's reading all my MSFS addon Gates correctly, or gives the illusion that it does as both my P3Dv4 and MSFS contain the same addon sceneries that were causing Gate read issues. Still lots of testing to do on this front.

Thanks,

Ed

1 hour ago, burdman said:

As as a note of interest, and a comment from another Prosim user, I tried using the database generated by P3Dv4 and it's reading all my MSFS addon Gates correctly, or gives the illusion that it does as both my P3Dv4 and MSFS contain the same addon sceneries that were causing Gate read issues. Still lots of testing to do on this front.

Yes, I saw that thread.

Pete