The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv5 -- FSUIPC6 will register upon install, but it does not show registered when P3D is loaded up

Hi. I purchased FSUIPC6 from SimMarket today. When installing it, it advised that the previous version would need to be uninstalled. After it was done, it went through the installation steps. On the registration screen, I entered my information, clicked "Register", and it acknowledged stating that my registration was valid. However after I load P3Dv5 up, it shows FSUIPC as "unregistered". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FSUIPC, but I received the same result. My installation log is attached.  It doesn't appear to be saving my registration details. This is what I found in the FSUIPC6.log:

********* FSUIPC6, Version 6.0.12 (12th January 2021) by Pete & John Dowson *********
Prepar3D.exe version = 5.1.12.26829
Running inside Prepar3D v5
Module base=7FF9F76B0000
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit reported as Build 18363, Release ID: 1909 (OS 10.0)
Reading options from "C:\Users\noffo\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6.ini"
Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC6 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

InstallFSUIPC6.log

3 hours ago, Vonshep said:

On the registration screen, I entered my information, clicked "Register", and it acknowledged stating that my registration was valid. However after I load P3Dv5 up, it shows FSUIPC as "unregistered".

If you re-installed, you shouldn't have to re-register. The details should be populated from your existing key file.
It looks like a key file wasn't created for some reason. You can create this manually. In your installation folder, create a file called FSUIPC6.key. Then open in an editor (e.g. Notepad++) and enter the following, replacing the parts in bold with the required information:

[User]
Name=your name as specified in the simmarket email
Address=your email as specified in the simmarket email
FSUIPC=your key code as specified in the simmarkey email

Note you also installed FSUIPC in your P3D Add-ons folder. It is better to choose another location outside of this and outside of the P3D folders (e.g. C:\FSUIPC6 or C"\P3D Add-ons\FSUIPC6) to keep your FSUIPC6 installation outside of the P3D add-ons folder (and outside of a windows protected folder such as Programs Files).

Manually creating the file worked, thank you. For clarification, I was going from an un-registered version to a registered version, so that's why there wasn't an existing key file. As far as the installation, I just let it install to the default location and didn't think the "addons" folder would be a problem, since it's where other addons have gone. My P3D install is on my root C directory. I learned the hard way in the past to not let P3D (or most any program) to install in the Program Files folder. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Vonshep said:

I just let it install to the default location and didn't think the "addons" folder would be a problem, since it's where other addons have gone.

That's the location where the add-on.xml must reside if you want it "auto-discovered". As I said, its better to choose a different location for the actual installation folder.
I have had one other report of the installer not creating a key file. but I'm not sure how this is possible. Installing in a different folder fixed it for the last user I think.