The simFlight Network Forums

[UPDATE] [v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator JUNE UPDATE 21 DISCUSSION

Dowloaded the April 21 update from Simmarket and installed it. Read the pdf how to start the FCR window in VR. Can find it in the WMR menu. After starting it it displays a window labelled Window1 with the icon of the app. I can pin the app to the menu. When I click it it displays: loading, but no FCR window appears in the VR display. I even succeeded in getting this window in the virtual cockpit, but never get the FCR tool displayed. 

Have I missed something?

On 4/24/2021 at 4:25 PM, Aros said:

I received a message from simMarket about an update to FlightSimReplay that I purchased recently...The update file is:

FM-FlightControlReplayv4.5.2104.16April21Update.exe

When I went to download the update I received an immediate warning from my PC saying that that .exe has a dangerous virus attached to it: Trojan:Win32/Spursint.Q!cl and says this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.  Please advise!

It is a false positive ! Please if you popup a warning go on "More or advanced" and download it !

Simmarket check all files every time a developer upload it . This is a false positive !

Thanks!

20 hours ago, jellef said:

Dowloaded the April 21 update from Simmarket and installed it. Read the pdf how to start the FCR window in VR. Can find it in the WMR menu. After starting it it displays a window labelled Window1 with the icon of the app. I can pin the app to the menu. When I click it it displays: loading, but no FCR window appears in the VR display. I even succeeded in getting this window in the virtual cockpit, but never get the FCR tool displayed. 

Have I missed something?

Hi !

When you are in the cockpit with VR (WMR) , click on your motion controller Windows Button. At this time you ll see in the cockpit the WMR Main Menu . GO into "ClassicApp"  folder. GO into SIMMARKET folder . Choose FlightControlReplay for MSFS ... wt voila' ! you have FCR inside your virtual reality cockpit !

FEATURE TIPS: FlightControlReplay v4.5 April Update and SMARTCAM POI !

Do you want record your SmartCam POI with FlightControlReplay? 

-Record your flight 

-Load it inf FlightControlReplay

-Set your Timeline position where you want FlightControlReplay trigger the SmartCam 

-Open CameraChange dialog 

-Choose your keyboard shortcut for select SmartCam

-When your replay reach that TimeLine point , FlightControlReplay trigger your configured action ! And you ll are able see that your replay show your SmartCam target !

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply. I did (before) as you instructed: in the VR cockpit I press the menu button from the motion controller and get into the cliff house in WMR. I select the FCR for MSFS in the Simmarket folder, but it's not 'voila'. Meanwhile MSFS exited from VR and returned to the non-VR desktop. I get a window in WMR labelled Window1 showing the FCR icon, but not the FCR template. When I go back in MSFS to VR I may see the Window1 but without any contents. I can click inside it and see 'loading' but it returns to a kind of sleeping mode (zzz).

Whatever I try, I find no way to activate the FCR controller within the VR cockpit.

Please help.

Jelle

46 minutes ago, jellef said:

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply. I did (before) as you instructed: in the VR cockpit I press the menu button from the motion controller and get into the cliff house in WMR. I select the FCR for MSFS in the Simmarket folder, but it's not 'voila'. Meanwhile MSFS exited from VR and returned to the non-VR desktop. I get a window in WMR labelled Window1 showing the FCR icon, but not the FCR template. When I go back in MSFS to VR I may see the Window1 but without any contents. I can click inside it and see 'loading' but it returns to a kind of sleeping mode (zzz).

Whatever I try, I find no way to activate the FCR controller within the VR cockpit.

Please help.

Jelle

Sorry Jelle , but you installed last April update build 2104 ? 

7 hours ago, jellef said:

Yes, it says v4.5.2104.16 in the header.

Maybe important to mention that I run the HP Reverb G2 headset and the latest version of WMR and OpenXR.

Good ! Now I detail you all steps :

Run msfs 

Go into plane in the cockpit 

Put headset and launch FCR for MSFS (not fcr for fsx or p3d ) 

Be sure you lunch FCR only after MSFS 

If you see in the header Window1 is because or you launched wrong version (fsx or p3d version) or you have msfs not in running 

Just to be sure, I uninstalled and reinstalled FCR (2104). Now for safety I installed in Program Files X86. Followed your steps exactly:

1. run MSFS

2. startup plane in cockpit

3. switch to VR and put headset on

4. press windows on the controller

5. goto WMR and search for Classic apps/Simmarket and select FCR for MSFS

Now most  of the time after step 4 the MSFS VR mode exits and I get into WMR. A very rare occasion (about 1 out of 10 times) I stay in FSMS VR and can select the FCR app, but usually I get the empty Windows1.  I just managed to catch the rare occasion of the 'good' window:

fcr1a.jpg.145525d9b5f367ede3d75e84c2f21c01.jpg

The window displays the correct version: FlightControlReplayMSFS v4.5.210416. And MSFS responds that FCR is connected to the sim. Unfortunately the contents of the window is just a picture and I cannot press any button. The 'real' window is visible on the display as in the non-VR mode. It works as before, just indicating the is ok. However, no matter what I try, it does not work in VR mode. I have been trying anything, but it doesn't help....

Edited by jellef

Yet another thing. The motion controller (HP Reverb) wasn't supported at all in MSFS before. I did not see any release notes that it will be in the current revision. It sort of looks as if it is working. You have to press the button to switch the controller on and when it does it exits the MSFS VR mode. Than you can start FCR as described. With some tricks I can get the FCR window appear in MSFS VR-mode when I re-enable it. The mouse disappears above the FCR window, the motion controller works on the title bar on the 'following' and 'exit' button. So for me there seems no way to use any controls with the mouse.

What controller did you use to test it?

I downloading version 4.5.2102.9, removed old version then I installed this version.  I'm running win 10, I fired up msfs 2020 got in the cockpit then I fired up flight control replay, I got sim connect not properly installed again.  I hit the option button and it crashes, had this same problem since I purchased FCR.  Waited for this update hoping i wouldn 't be going through this again.

10 hours ago, Strat said:

I downloading version 4.5.2102.9, removed old version then I installed this version.  I'm running win 10, I fired up msfs 2020 got in the cockpit then I fired up flight control replay, I got sim connect not properly installed again.  I hit the option button and it crashes, had this same problem since I purchased FCR.  Waited for this update hoping i wouldn 't be going through this again.

Hi!!! I m thinking you run the wrong version of fcr ! Installer install all 3 version of fcr . Fsx p3d and msfs . For msfs you must run fcr that you find in flightcontrolreplaymsfs folder . Let me know 

11 hours ago, jellef said:

Just to be sure, I uninstalled and reinstalled FCR (2104). Now for safety I installed in Program Files X86. Followed your steps exactly:

1. run MSFS

2. startup plane in cockpit

3. switch to VR and put headset on

4. press windows on the controller

5. goto WMR and search for Classic apps/Simmarket and select FCR for MSFS

Now most  of the time after step 4 the MSFS VR mode exits and I get into WMR. A very rare occasion (about 1 out of 10 times) I stay in FSMS VR and can select the FCR app, but usually I get the empty Windows1.  I just managed to catch the rare occasion of the 'good' window:

fcr1a.jpg.145525d9b5f367ede3d75e84c2f21c01.jpg

The window displays the correct version: FlightControlReplayMSFS v4.5.210416. And MSFS responds that FCR is connected to the sim. Unfortunately the contents of the window is just a picture and I cannot press any button. The 'real' window is visible on the display as in the non-VR mode. It works as before, just indicating the is ok. However, no matter what I try, it does not work in VR mode. I have been trying anything, but it doesn't help....

Hi!!! 

I tested VR with Acer and Lenovo headset but I think it should be the same for all Wmr .

pressing the wmr home menu button is the only thing you can do with the Wmr controller. 

when you have Wmr home menu you can navigate with mouse choose fcr for msfs and run it . In that way you can interact with fcr and with Wmr menu with the mouse . 

Fabio, I'm certain that I started the right version of FCR, because the header in the window clearly tells it.

fcr2.thumb.jpg.df98da9171c2db34387e54cecf61a122.jpg

When I choose the P3D or FSX version they show a different header. And the fact that MSFS responds with the message that FCR is connected (and works) indicatie that this cannot be wrong!

What you say is that the menu button on the controller is the only button that works is correct, apart from the trigger in the WMR environment. In the WMR home I cannot use the mouse. The controller is the only device that works for me. In MSFS VR-mode the mouse is the only pointing device that works, NOT the controller!

It maybe so that the HP Reverb G2 driver works different from the Acer/Lenovo drivers, but the Reverb G2 is the first officially supported VR devices for MSFS. So if anything should work, I expect this one to do so.

On 4/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, jellef said:

Fabio, I'm certain that I started the right version of FCR, because the header in the window clearly tells it.

fcr2.thumb.jpg.df98da9171c2db34387e54cecf61a122.jpg

When I choose the P3D or FSX version they show a different header. And the fact that MSFS responds with the message that FCR is connected (and works) indicatie that this cannot be wrong!

What you say is that the menu button on the controller is the only button that works is correct, apart from the trigger in the WMR environment. In the WMR home I cannot use the mouse. The controller is the only device that works for me. In MSFS VR-mode the mouse is the only pointing device that works, NOT the controller!

It maybe so that the HP Reverb G2 driver works different from the Acer/Lenovo drivers, but the Reverb G2 is the first officially supported VR devices for MSFS. So if anything should work, I expect this one to do so.

Hi!

I think use mouse instead Wmr controller is an option you can set in your mixed reality portal app (I pretty sure) .

Forgive me if this was covered somewhere but I am trying to figure out how to convert the default .KML files to .MP4 files that I can import into my video editing software. 

Also, if I want to record a flight with multiple camera angles, do I have to record each camera angle separately as individual files or can I go back to the recorded file, change the camera angle and record that version?  Sorry I am a total newb.

Thank you!

Edited by Aros

On 5/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, Aros said:

Forgive me if this was covered somewhere but I am trying to figure out how to convert the default .KML files to .MP4 files that I can import into my video editing software. 

Also, if I want to record a flight with multiple camera angles, do I have to record each camera angle separately as individual files or can I go back to the recorded file, change the camera angle and record that version?  Sorry I am a total newb.

Thank you!

Hi !

For make a video render you need make these steps:

1)Load a recorded flight 

2)Click on the videorendering button 

3)choose filename for your mp4

4)you see in that way VideoRendering button become green and sim start render frame by frame (remember sound is not recorded)

5)when you finish click VideoRenderingbutton and you ll see this become Red.

6) Close FCR

For record with multiple camera angle no problem !

Record a normal flight . After when you load it you can change camera at a determined position you want ! Open the button with pencil under the timeline and from this Frame (of the timeline) you can trigger a camera change ! And if you want you can also map a keyboard shortcut for trigger a keyboard shortcut command in that Frame!

22 hours ago, laserjet said:

Hello, is video rendering still accelerated in this version? because if so I do not see any interest in having a rendering that does not conform to reality! thank you in advance for your answer

Video Rendering is already in Reality mode but for gorund traffic there is an asobo bug that it can have side effect to accelerate ground vehicles . I hope will be fixed in SimUpdate 4 

Hi Fabio, i use MSFS platform..when i replay the recording from the "cabin window" view in a default A320 neo i observed the audio is lagging or not in sync with the video. The plane already touches the ground and after 1-2 sec then you hear the touchdown sound/ co-pilot announce 5 etc. This made the replay so much less realistic for me. Please check and advise please?

Hello Fabio! with the last update the render videos does not work anymore nothing happens! ha si si return to office! I don't understand why it no longer works for me! whereas before it worked halfway it encoded with a speed x2 or 3

Oops, I just tried again and it seems to be working better for me! I send on youtube a video of I would share with you, on the rendering of the internal encoding! which looks very good  😉 in 21/9 1440p 60fps

Edited by laserjet

19 hours ago, Starjun said:

Hi Fabio, i use MSFS platform..when i replay the recording from the "cabin window" view in a default A320 neo i observed the audio is lagging or not in sync with the video. The plane already touches the ground and after 1-2 sec then you hear the touchdown sound/ co-pilot announce 5 etc. This made the replay so much less realistic for me. Please check and advise please?

Also, in the same "cabin window" view the replay also largely did not capture the reverse thrust animation of the engine for some reason. Would you look into these and update in future updates please?

15 hours ago, laserjet said:

Oops, I just tried again and it seems to be working better for me! I send on youtube a video of I would share with you, on the rendering of the internal encoding! which looks very good  😉 in 21/9 1440p 60fps

Wonderful video!!!!!!!! I love this !!!

• Like 1