The simFlight Network Forums

[UPDATE] [v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator JUNE UPDATE 21 DISCUSSION

On 12/30/2021 at 2:01 AM, Benelly said:

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to replay a flight and show the landings from 2 different viewpoints at the same time, eg. show the view from the cockpit and at the same time showing an external view of the aircraft in a separate window? If possible, could someone provide instructions on how to do this or point me in the right direction to enable me to read up on how to do this.

Thanks is advance for any help in this area.

Regards .... Benelly

Hello Benelly.

MSFS doesn't support split windows. With P3D, you can start your investigation with the instructions on the official page here : https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/views/multimonitor_overview.html

Hello everybody, and receive my best wishes for the New Year 2022 !

Today I'll dig a bit more the topic on the Camera Recording Manager feature introduced by the latest Big and Free update to FlightControlReplay.

This new system works both in MSFS and P3D.

For example, you can use this new feature to work an advanced camera path, impressive camera effects, in order to apply them to several and different flight situation Replays, to replicate these camera moves in multiple videos.

Note : In MSFS, it is mandatory to use FlightControlReplay camera control shortcuts (Options Menu) to be able to Record and Replay the camera path. In P3D, camera controls use the default sim keys.

How does it work ?

1. In Options, select the mode ONLY CAMERA MOVEMENTS.
2. In the main User Interface, press Record and select the name and destination file (*.FCR format file, just like a flight situation)
3. Move the camera according to your wish during the Record session.
4. Save your Record by clicking the Stop button
5. Now launch a second instance of FlightControlReplay, and load here a standard Flight Situation Replay with a separate FCR file.
6. - in the first instance of FCR, Load and Replay the initial FCR file dedicated to Camera Movements only.
- in the second instance of FCR, Replay the Airplane flight situation that you just loaded
7. Use this process to replicate your Camera Movements in any flight situation Replay of your choice

No more studying, now let's fly and enjoy FlightControlReplay videos !

FlyKenku
A32NX Landing into Santos Dumont MSFS | 4K 

CarbonPixel
T-45C Goshawk Oshkosh Takeoff MSFS | 4K

FlyKenku
Boeing 767 Landing into Seychelles Sunset MSFS | 4K

Hi,

The French magazine specialized in the PC simulation "Micro Simulateur" reviewed FlightControlReplay in their last issue number 336 for January 2022.

For French speaking readers, there's also an interview to talk about the history of the making of the tool...and its future !

I'm proud that this famous and longtime press got interested in my tool and that they found it "easy to use". They also appreciated the "camera management", and wish that something similar could exist for X-Plane.

It's like my regular visits into the flightsimming forum : talking with the press is another way to reach and enrich our community. As developers, the tasks list in our workshop needs your feedback, user reports and suggestions to make us better. In return, we hope our solutions can help you with more entertainment. 

Let's hope that 2022 brings innovation at least as much as 2020 and 2021 did !

Microsim_fullpage_Page_1.jpg

Microsim_fullpage_Page_2.jpg

Rendering recording flight is failing, whatever I try. I'm getting desperate...

I installed (again) the required parts, including the x264vfw codec. After a long search I found out how to configure this: just type configure x264vfw64 (in my case, on 32 bits systems is the other codec). This is my setup:

48031337_configx264vfw64.jpg.142032e6ae3fee77badf4c757cab1dba.jpg

Any change will fail to record anything so far and mostly results in 'black' videos.

The result is a mp4 file, however with the following problems:

1. the frame rate is different from the fcr-recording, no matter if I set the sample rate foor record/play to auto or to 60 (can't change FPS for render video recording to anything else then 60). It renders slower then the original resulting in a too fast play of the mp4 result.

2. no matter if I select play recorded audio during 'play' mode, I get no audio in the mp4-file.

3. the rendering always starts at the beginning of the recorded fcr-file, no matter what option is selected.

4. As soon as the rendering starts, the instruments start increasing (altimeter, airspeed, etc.) although the plane still stands still in the runway. This results in incorrect indications such as overspeed while not even airborne!

This makes the video pretty useless. I can change the output in 'file' and a file is created, however when pressing the render button still requires input for an ouput file. For the rest nothing changes.

Can you please help solve the problems?

Cheers,

Jelle

• Like 1

Fabio,

For the video rendering I used files I recorded earlier with an older version of FCR. Yesterday I created a new recording, originally with sample rate set to auto. Playing this back results in a speed of about 2x the original. Setting the sample rate to 60 gives the same result. A setting of 30 seems to play it at about the right speed. However, I can't set the FPS for rendering to 30 fps. Before MSFS SU7 I never saw the strange results (so also with an earlier version of FCR).

Do you have an explanation or a fix for this?

Thanks,

Jelle

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

In the last Camera Manager update of my tool FlightControlReplay, I mentioned that the second item added was the Camera Controls Override (for MSFS only).

To achieve the correct Camera movements recording, and also to offer an easy way to create advanced camera effects and complex path, it was necessary to center in one place the different camera controls shortcuts that can be separated in the default and long MSFS settings window.

That’s why in FCR user interface, in the Options, you will find the camera shortcuts area where you can set all these movements shortcuts at once. As usual and because of MSFS limitations, only one key can be set here for each function. Combination of two keys or more are not supported. All keys set here will override the MSFS camera controls, so you don’t have to worry about any trouble.

For Prepar3D users, we still rely on the settings set through the default simulator controls menu.

Watch now another bunch of weekly videos made with FlightControlReplay !

Drawyah
Milan Malpensa to Barcelona - Airbus A320neo easyJet MSFS | 4K

The Flight Sim Deck
Discus 2C Glider Release MSFS | Where To Soar ? | 4K

Flyguy1903
DALLAS Fort Worth Landing MSFS 3080ti | 4K

Hi Fabio

Quick query - I've just installed version 4.5.2201.12 on my p3d m/c, but the enhanced and standard P3D versions are showing version 4.5.2112.10. The MSFS version correctly shows version 4.5.2201.12. I'm assuming all three files should be the same version number.

Cheers

Dave Nash

Edit - Correction, the standard version shows as 4.5.2102.9

Edited by dafyddp3d
More info

2 hours ago, dafyddp3d said:

Hi Fabio

Quick query - I've just installed version 4.5.2201.12 on my p3d m/c, but the enhanced and standard P3D versions are showing version 4.5.2112.10. The MSFS version correctly shows version 4.5.2201.12. I'm assuming all three files should be the same version number.

Cheers

Dave Nash

Edit - Correction, the standard version shows as 4.5.2102.9

My 4.5.2201.12 installation is also showing old versions for the three sims, none is showing this new installed v.4.5.2201.12

Hi,

A fresh update v2201.12 for FlightControlReplay 4.5 is online and it's ready for download.

I sent it this week, so if you haven't subscribed to simMarket update notification by e-mail, please go to your simMarket account to download the new setup.

Uninstall first your current version of FlightControlReplay, and run the new build !

So, what is the content of this new update :
- FBW A320 flaps and spoiler Play
- Instant Replay Re-Live introduce Re-Live Play : User is able to go back and replay last minutes of a portion of flight
- Instant Replay Re-Live minor bugs
- Performance fixes in Camera Manager
- Minor UX bugs

And I picked up new videos made with the help of FlightControlReplay :

John Solomon
PMDG 747-400 - Kai Tak Approach IGS 13 | P3D5 | HD 1440p

The Flight Sim Deck
Floating In More Ways Than One... | R44 Raven II Helicopter Project | MSFS | 4K

Blu Games
The Famous Quito Approach! (SEQM-SKBO-SEQM) | FBW A32NX | MSFS LIVE (VATSIM)| HD 1080p

HR Simulator
Norwegian B787 Dreamliner | Oslo Gardermoen to Paris CDG | MSFS | 4K

Hello,

After several big updates, new loads of functions, the following summury packs up the main features that brings FlightControlReplay :

- Replay : instantaneous, easy, and take control at the time of your choice
- Record : direct MP4 file encoding, smooth, animated parts, custom support of advanced airliners add-ons
- AI Traffic : detect, chase, cycle view, record and replay them ! 
- Formation Flying : PlayAsAI feature simulates close flight with AI buddies
- Auto Change Camera : Call and activate any default view of the simulator 
- Voice Control with speech recognition for FCR features
- VR headsets support and FCR user interface accessible
- KML File import : replay the flight (i.e. import the track of an airliner from Flightaware)
and of course
- Camera movements recorder
- Camera controls shortcuts directly set in FCR 

This is not exhaustive : more features are detailed on my official website, on the store, including the other hardware and software supported or integrated with FCR.

And now, the entertainment video time ! 

AviationLads
MXI Design - Zakynthos Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Teaser] 4K

Hi !

Our friends at AviationLads made a new video to show more footage about Camera Manager to introduce the innovative features of my last update for FlightControlReplay.

Create, save your own camera movements easily with the easy-to-setup shortcusts directly in FCR options menu. Re-use your advanced camera path for as many replays as you want, in other sceneries, with other aircraft, free your imagination.

Here's how it looks

And this is our weekly selection of FlightControlReplay featured flight videos !

AviationLads
FlyLogicSoftware - Buochs Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

Pilot Tomas
AMAZING Landing into Gibraltar | Microsoft Flight Simulator | 1440p HD

Alamar
A320 NEO from Gilgit to Islamabad for repairs | Microsoft Flight Simulator | 1440p HD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

Last weekend in the Official discord of Microsoft Flight Simulator, five happy users received a FREE licence of Flight Control Replay since I opened a giveaway over there. It’s great to have opportunities to support the community as you have also supported me and the tool for all this years.

Another manner, is to create a discount period at simMarket, so you can buy the product with a reduced price. Get 20% OFF until February 24th here : simMarket:  https://secure.simmarket.com/fabio-merlo-flightcontrolreplay-professional-edition-fsx-p3d.phtml

It’s time now to share some of the videos produced since last week and published at YoutTube where FlightControlReplay is featured, allowing the Pros to create their officiail trailer, and the Amateur to share their fun times flying.

GlenB Gaming
Review of FlightControlReplay Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | HD 720p

AviationLads
Orbx - Prague Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

FCR_-20_731x250.jpeg

Hello !

Did you know that FlightControlReplay support voice recognition ? Give instructions naturally speaking to your computer and control all record and replay features. Start record, Play, Forward, Backward and more, it's easy and handy.

Did you know that FlightControlReplay support also Virtual Reality ? From your 3D cockpit in full VR with your dedicated VR device, you can display FlightControlReplay interface and interact with it without leaving your helmet. Just us the mouse, or key mapping shortcuts, or even the Voice Recognition as explained above.

For more tips and tricks about the most complete tool for your videos production and entertainment, stay tuned and come back here regularly !

Watch now a few YouTube videos resulted of FlightControlReplay :

AviationLads
Impulse Simulations - Coffs Harbour Airport | MSFS [Official Teaser] | 4K

GE-90 AVIATION
Dubai to St Petersburg | Emirates Airlines | Boeing 777-300ER | OMDB - ULLI | MSFS | 4K

GE-90 AVIATION
Doha to Narita | Qatar Airways | Boeing 777-300ER | OTHH - RJAA | MSFS | 4K

cartouche
fabio
federico NL thema

Hello,

Let me share with you our little presence in the latest issue March/April 2022 of PC Pilot Magazine who writes about our Camera Manager feature for FlightControlReplay.

For the full magazine (about MSFS Goty Edition, Reno Air Races add-on, Hawk T1/A Trainer and more, visit https://www.key.aero/pcpilot and look for the following cover page 

I feel like FlightControlReplay V4.5 is now stable and complete as best as possible, and I look forward new ideas, new features that will - I hope - meet other expectations and enhance your entertainment even further. My target has always been to bring smart tools with my programming knowledge to the flightsim community. As a virtual pilot myself, I can guess easier what can be useful or joyful for other simmers like me. Bear with me in the coming months for more cool stuff !

Showtime of flight videos featuring the successful FlightControlReplay :

AviationLads
Orbx - Landmarks Panama City Pack | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

FlyKenku
Microsoft Flight Simulator | *INTERESTING* Sunclass Airlines A330 Landing into Sal Island | 4K

Simflyer
MSFS 2020 | Amazing views over Kuwait | OKBK | Microsoft flight simulator 2020 | Trustmaster view | HD 1080p

HR Simulator 
[MSFS] ANA - All Nippon Airways | Tokyo Narita to New Delhi | Smokey Approach | HD 1440p

PCpilot_FCR_news.jpg

PCpilot_cover.jpg

😀

Hello Fabio! there is one thing i don't understand! I just updated the latest version exe 4.5.2201.12
when i go to parent folder the FlightControlReplay.exe is 4.5.2102.9
in the P3DX folder the FlightControlReplay.exe is 4.5.2112.10
in the MSFS folder the FlightControlReplay.exe is 4.5.2112.29 and not 4.5.2201.12
is this normal? or not ! thank you in advance     🙂

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as Jellef for mp4 video rendering! have the same settings in X264vfw64

any result will be soundless and the video will be accelerated three to four times the initial speed!
it would be a good thing to have an image of the x264vfw64 settings and some clues to make a usable mp4 through your software😉

FCR.thumb.jpg.fe0be9ed4765045b282814cd1fa6f0d9.jpg

On 3/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, laserjet said:

😀

Hello Fabio! there is one thing i don't understand! I just updated the latest version exe 4.5.2201.12
when i go to parent folder the FlightControlReplay.exe is 4.5.2102.9
in the P3DX folder the FlightControlReplay.exe is 4.5.2112.10
in the MSFS folder the FlightControlReplay.exe is 4.5.2112.29 and not 4.5.2201.12
is this normal? or not ! thank you in advance     🙂

Hi !!! 😉

for the P3DX and Main folder (FSX ) versions the number of the build are fine .

For MSFS version maybe there was a mistake on stamp the build number .... i ll check and i ll let you know ASAP !

For x264vfw64 i m studying a tutorial on how configure the things 😉

Fabio

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

Today, I have 2 tips for you as users of FlightControlReplay. 

1. Replay is fun to watch how you performed the last flight sequence. But Replay is also the way to fix your error a few seconds ago. 
- Make sure that Re-Live Instant Replay is activated (Circle Arrow in GREEN).
- Drag the yellow time slider back to the time that you want to get back to
- Click stop button to resume the flight.

2. Always On Top overlay option
You don't have to always switch between windows to find again the interface of FlightControlReplay when you move from the simualtor to FCR, or another active window.
Go the Options Menu, and look in the right area : tick the box beside the option "FlightControlReplay Always on top window". Now it's always displayed and accessible, even when you use the simulator in full screen.

Our friends at AviationLads are having fun using FlightControlReplay, and they produce some really nice and professional videos for the flightsim enthusiasts, check them out :

AviationLads
MK-Studios - Rome Fiumicino Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Teaser] | 4K

AviationLads
FlyTampa - Toronto Pearson Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

Manu SilverLiner
FS2020 - Antonov An-225 - Take Off in Kiev Boryspil - A Tribute to this Giant in Flames ! | HD 1440p

Hi,

Since the beginning of FlightControlReplay, one of my first goal has always remained that the rendered video must be as smooth as possible, right out of the box. This excludes the video processing in another separate tool.

That's why I had to write the custom code of FlightControlReplay for video performance in one hand and with the accuracy in the aircraft data collect process in the other hand.

When you ask FlightControlReplay to create directly a MP4 compressed video of your flight that you are replaying or recording, the render is made possible by my custom frame by frame technology, whatever the framerate you had in the sim. I'm collecting the data from the heart of the sim, I'm not just reading the video and pixels displayed on your screen.

I hope that it helps to understand what's the philosophy (and the necessary hard work to program) behind such software that required months and years of development.

It's nice to see that the conclusion of this whole stuff allows many content creators to produce impressive videos featuring our super hobby : flight simulator !

Drzewiecki Design 
KRNT Renton MSFS - promo video | 4K

Blu Games
Landing South African Airways (Pt2) | FAOR-FLKK | FBW A32NX | MSFS (VATSIM) | HD 1080p

Hi !

More and more aerobatic capable aircraft have been released for MSFS. You could build up your entertainment by watching a flying formation of various aircraft perfomring the same maneuver at the same time.

That's what PlayASAI feature can do. It's integrated with FlightControlReplay, and you can generate up to 5 AI aircraft during Replay with just one instance of the tool. You can multiplicate them with more instances open of FlightControlReplay if you need. Why not 10 ? 15 aircraft at once ?!

Like many of you, I also appreciate the Electronic Flight Bag since we want to gather many information when we prepare a serious flight on our simulators : weather, NOTAMs, SID/STAR, route, fuel prediction, weights abd fuel balance sheets, and so on. The EFB is a handy tool to retrieve and store all these info in one place.

That's why I contacted XMapsy author and managed an agreement to make it directly compatible with FlightControlReplay. For example, the KML file exported from this EFB connector will be directly imported at once into FlightControlReplay, ready for Replay or Record. That's fast and easy !

Before I get back to work, let's enjoy others flight reports in video featuring FlightControlReplay:

Blu Games
Formula 1 DHL Special Cargo Transport | F1 2022 World Tour | MSFS (VATSIM) | HD1080p

HR Simulator
Air Canada Boeing 777-300ER | Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to London Heathrow (LHR) | Full Night Flight | HD 1440p

AviationLads
Aerosoft - Nürnberg Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

Hello,

Yes you can have fun with the Replay functionality of Flight Control Replay, 
and Yes you can watch the scenery during final approach while you were focused on your instruments during the live flight.

I want to share two hints made possible during Replay with Flight Control Replay.

Load Replay with/without flight situation settings : When you load your recorded flight in FCR, choose to restore the weather / time / aircraft settings or keep your current situation settings.

Continue Live Flight starting from a Replay point: Load a FCR recorded flight, select any point of your choice on the timeline Yellow Slider and click STOP. Now you can resume live your flight from this point.

Now, watch the video production of some advanced users with the tool FlightControlReplay :

CINEMATIC MSFS
LatinVFR AREX GLOBAL | Official Trailer | Airport Regional Environment X MSFS | 4K

TSL Film Video
Microsoft Flight Simulator og TSLfilm | HD 1440p

AviationLads
MXI Design - Tirana Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K

AviationLads
SimWorksStudios - RV-14 / 14A | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] | 4K