The simFlight Network Forums

[UPDATE] [v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator JUNE UPDATE 21 DISCUSSION

15 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Do you use msfs or p3d ? Because for p3d i ll insert this feature with next update . I prioritise with msfs

I only have Msfs... today I've noticed that if it is left unchecked it works a some of the time?  The "Assign Keys/ Buttons" doesn't save either... Also when I press record it starts recording without asking for a file name? then when I select load, it has not saved it?

One good thing thing Ive found  is I can resize it horizontally to half the length which is great as it's too large in my opinion..

26 minutes ago, Capden said:

I only have Msfs... today I've noticed that if it is left unchecked it works a some of the time?  The "Assign Keys/ Buttons" doesn't save either... Also when I press record it starts recording without asking for a file name? then when I select load, it has not saved it?

One good thing thing Ive found  is I can resize it horizontally to half the length which is great as it's too large in my opinion..

This behaviour it means you must run with admin rights , or you don’t installed this KB KB4601050 update (cumulative .NET Framework patch) of windows os . 

1 hour ago, FabioMerlo said:

This behaviour it means you must run with admin rights , or you don’t installed this KB KB4601050 update (cumulative .NET Framework patch) of windows os . 

Fabio, I have that NET framework installed and I am running FCR with admin rights?  I have tried again and it still does not ask for a filename to save to and it does not record my flight although it tells me it's recording?  It is a shame because it looks very promising... but very buggy for me at the moment I'm sorry to say..

2 hours ago, Capden said:

Fabio, I have that NET framework installed and I am running FCR with admin rights?  I have tried again and it still does not ask for a filename to save to and it does not record my flight although it tells me it's recording?  It is a shame because it looks very promising... but very buggy for me at the moment I'm sorry to say..

Yes you have to run as admin and follow prereq .

if you want choose the file name yourself please uncheck “choose record .....” option in fcr option

if you want that file name recorded is automatic choosed please check the same option 

And an obviously note but important is run the right exe file (Flightcontrolreplay.exe in flightcontrolreplaymsfs folder )

20 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Yes you have to run as admin and follow prereq .

if you want choose the file name yourself please uncheck “choose record .....” option in fcr option

if you want that file name recorded is automatic choosed please check the same option 

And an obviously note but important is run the right exe file (Flightcontrolreplay.exe in flightcontrolreplaymsfs folder )

Fabio.. it is not remembering to stay on top?.. It only does so for a very short time and then it goes off the screen..?

Firstly, just wanted to say thanks to Fabio for creating some sorely needed software in FS2020.  I actually ran into the same issue as the user above where it wasn't saving the recording.  I actually saw your comment to "run as administrator" which I did and that worked.  Just seems weird that we'd have to explicitly select this option if the majority of us are already administrators on our machines.

Also, the recording isn't actually saved in the default folder provided: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimMarket\FlightControlReplay\FlightControlReplayMSFS
It saves one directory up.

image.png.6f490420e6189765ef3fe40643c14ae5.png

Having said that....I finally have it working now, well enough...so plan on making a short video on it on my channel.

Thanks again for your hard work.

17 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

I ll check this in my build stayontop works well!! But I ll check 😎

When I click record it does not record anything although it tells me it's recording?   When I use the option to name the the file for record it records the flight but does not stay on top?   

Can someone help me? I'm getting a popup saying "Simulator connection failed or SimConnect is not properly installed". I've installed all required files from the readme file, including the most recent NET framework. I'm using MSFS2020
What am I missing?

Edited by Jimbojet

7 hours ago, Jimbojet said:
Can someone help me? I'm getting a popup saying "Simulator connection failed or SimConnect is not properly installed". I've installed all required files from the readme file, including the most recent NET framework. I'm using MSFS2020
What am I missing?

Hi!! For sure !!! 

this happens when you run wrong version of FlightControlReplay 😎. For MSFS you must run EXE in the right folder (Flightcontrolreplaymsfs folder) 👌🤙

On 3/2/2021 at 5:01 AM, FAAVIATION06 said:

How do I uninstall to get newer version of 4.5

Hi!!!

for install new FlightControlReplay v4.5 March Update please uninstall old version and install new version that you can download in simmarket account (under your order number ) 🤙👌

19 hours ago, Capden said:

When I click record it does not record anything although it tells me it's recording?   When I use the option to name the the file for record it records the flight but does not stay on top?   

Hi!!! 

I test it and i ll let you know as soon as possible in this day but I never had this during beta testing  😎💪

On 3/3/2021 at 6:41 AM, FabioMerlo said:

Hi!!! 

I test it and i ll let you know as soon as possible in this day but I never had this during beta testing  😎💪

Did you test it to see why it's not recording for me? The only way for me to record is to uncheck the default recording folder option and enter a name every time?

I have also had issues when I load a flight it places me in the water in the middle of the sea?

2 minutes ago, Capden said:

Did you test it to see why it's not recording for me? The only way for me to record is to uncheck the default recording folder option and enter a name every time?

I have also had issues when I load a flight it places me in the water in the middle of the sea?

Hi!

"The only way for me to record is to uncheck the default recording folder option and enter a name every time?"

No, the right alternative is have into your choosed folder the ADMIN RIGHTS 😉

😉

Your FlightControlReplay looks more and more like Matthias Neusinger's FSRecorder
  With my Fsrecorder Alpha 2.17 I was able to pilot the 7 planes, the helicopter, the ambulance, the SWATT, the fire brigade, and the view tower! so 12 in all manage by myself, and made 20 shots with different cameras like what almost everything is possible, you just have to want
the 3 vehicles you see are from an FSX addon, World Ground Traffic X
2013 video with FSX

• Like 1

Fabio,

Would you consider adding the Angle Of Attack indicator in the cockpit as a recorded "instrument"?  I'm referring to the "green donut" with arrows above and below.  Specifically thinking about the Working Title CJ4.  It's a very important indicator and would be awesome to monitor AOA while analyzing landings.

Thank you in advance for considering this request.