The simFlight Network Forums

MFS2020 World Update 3 UK - Fixed flight load/save (SimConnect_FlightLoad / SimConnect_FlightSave) - Autosave in FSUIPC?

Steku2

32 minutes ago, Steku2 said:

Should this halp with FSUIPC autosave feature?

Hopefully! Please try and let us know - I have slow download speeds and probably won't get the update installed until tomorrow...

The release note also mentions a fix for a crash in bush trips with Little Navmap - hopefully this will also fix with CTDS in bush trips (and others) with FSUIPC as well....

John

17 hours ago, Steku2 said:

Should this halp with FSUIPC autosave feature?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've just tried loading autosaved flights using the FSUIPC facility (version 7.0.5), and also with the MSFS Load flight facility, and I can't seem to get either to do anything . I don't know what Asobo think they've fixed. 😞

Do let us know if you do any better!

Pete

Note that I have released FSUIPC7 v7.0.5, built against the latest MSFS SDK, v0.10.0.0. So please download and try with this version.

I have done some tests. It seems to be working - but only sometimes, it causes a CTD on other occasions. The Previous Flight file seems to load ok, but I have had varying success with other autosave files. I will continue testing, but please try and report back anything you find - success or otherwise.

8 minutes ago, gofly02 said:

I am also trying it now. Are you still using offsets 3F00 and 3F04?

That's for use by external applications (or Lua plug-ins), but you can also use the option in FSUIPC7's File menu, if you've enabled the facility there.  Both methods use the same SimConnect calls, but from different procedures. They should be identical.

Pete

I am not having any luck with loading a saved flight. I suspect it has something to do with the SPB file it generates. The Missions-> Custom -> CustomFlight saved flight SPB file is only 1KB and the ones generated by Simconnect are around 45KB. Modifying the FLT files and having a flight plan generated or not doesn't make a difference. I can't find a way to decompile the SPB file to compare.

13 hours ago, gofly02 said:

I am not having any luck with loading a saved flight. I suspect it has something to do with the SPB file it generates. The Missions-> Custom -> CustomFlight saved flight SPB file is only 1KB and the ones generated by Simconnect are around 45KB. Modifying the FLT files and having a flight plan generated or not doesn't make a difference. I can't find a way to decompile the SPB file to compare.

I've no idea what SPB files are. You don't get them saved for normal flights. Are they only to do with missions? The ones on my system have titles like "A320_Landing_edition",. and all to do with the A320 and varying from 4k (the A320_Landing_edition one) to 40k (A320TakeOff). But there's also "AirlineICAOCodes" (262 kb) and "Alaska" (34kb).

Looking at my other Sims they appear in FSX and FSX-SE as well and seem to be mainly associated with missions. But also "AutogenDescriptions" are SPB files for all FS sims through to P3D5. I expect for any sort of file decoding you'll need the SDK -- and maybe the FSX or P3D SDK will be more complete as the MSFS one is a work-in-progress.

All FSUIPC can do is call the SimConnect_FlightSave function. What then happens is entirely up to SimConnect. And that still seems to be buggy in so many ways.

John and I have been trying to figure out why loading SimConnect saved flights sometimes works, sometimes does nothing, and sometimes crashes MSFS.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:13 AM, Pete Dowson said:

I've no idea what SPB files are. You don't get them saved for normal flights. Are they only to do with missions? The ones on my system have titles like "A320_Landing_edition",. and all to do with the A320 and varying from 4k (the A320_Landing_edition one) to 40k (A320TakeOff). But there's also "AirlineICAOCodes" (262 kb) and "Alaska" (34kb).

Looking at my other Sims they appear in FSX and FSX-SE as well and seem to be mainly associated with missions. But also "AutogenDescriptions" are SPB files for all FS sims through to P3D5. I expect for any sort of file decoding you'll need the SDK -- and maybe the FSX or P3D SDK will be more complete as the MSFS one is a work-in-progress.

All FSUIPC can do is call the SimConnect_FlightSave function. What then happens is entirely up to SimConnect. And that still seems to be buggy in so many ways.

John and I have been trying to figure out why loading SimConnect saved flights sometimes works, sometimes does nothing, and sometimes crashes MSFS.

Pete

Any update on the autosave loading function in msfs 2020?  Is ot working?  I know there has been a sim update since the original post as well.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, Avenger2000 said:

Any update on the autosave loading function in msfs 2020?  Is ot working?

The release notes for the latest version inclkude an SDK update Load and Save Flight using the FlowFlightManager.However, the SDK SimConnected documentation for the load/save flight functions still has these documented as 'Partial works' and 'No errors, no response'., so its not clear. Pete reported he has had success loading an auto-save (or previous) flight, so it might be worth trying. I'll also take a look at some point, but I haven't had time up till now, sorry.

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Pete reported he has had success loading an auto-save (or previous) flight, so it might be worth trying.

Yes, it seems to work fine for me, so far. But as yet I've not actually tried one saved in mid-flight, only after taxiing to and lining up on the runway.

I'll try it on a flight in the next few days.

Pete

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The release notes for the latest version inclkude an SDK update Load and Save Flight using the FlowFlightManager.However, the SDK SimConnected documentation for the load/save flight functions still has these documented as 'Partial works' and 'No errors, no response'., so its not clear. Pete reported he has had success loading an auto-save (or previous) flight, so it might be worth trying. I'll also take a look at some point, but I haven't had time up till now, sorry.

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, it seems to work fine for me, so far. But as yet I've not actually tried one saved in mid-flight, only after taxiing to and lining up on the runway.

I'll try it on a flight in the next few days.

Pete

Does it work with all the auto saves and not just the previous flight?  Also if you have a flight plan, does it still show up in the GPS after loading?  I own FSUIPC 4 I believe for FSX (bought it a month ago) and am looking to buy FSUIPC 7 for MSFS 2020.  Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Avenger2000 said:

Does it work with all the auto saves and not just the previous flight?

Haven't tried "previous flight". Sorry. 

17 minutes ago, Avenger2000 said:

Also if you have a flight plan, does it still show up in the GPS after loading?

I don't know. I've never used the GPS. Others more experienced with MSFS need to comment. If it works with files saved within MSFS it'll all work with AutoSave, because that's just doing the same saving process. So, if you have MSFS already, you can check yourself.

I think in FSX the plan file, if one was existing at the time, is specified in the saved FLT file. But to be honest I've never used any of FS's planning facilities or plans, preferring my external systems.

Pete

On 3/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Haven't tried "previous flight". Sorry. 

I don't know. I've never used the GPS. Others more experienced with MSFS need to comment. If it works with files saved within MSFS it'll all work with AutoSave, because that's just doing the same saving process. So, if you have MSFS already, you can check yourself.

I think in FSX the plan file, if one was existing at the time, is specified in the saved FLT file. But to be honest I've never used any of FS's planning facilities or plans, preferring my external systems.

Pete

Can someone check if when there are a few auto save files, that all of them load?   I thought I read earlier there was an issue and only the last file saved was working.  Thanks

I just tried to load from saved flights from the autosave and it seems to be working.

loaded from FLT while msfs2020 was running, todays flight with a small aircraft and loaded a prev save point from today.

And also clicked on a flight with a jet the other day, and it loads that aircraft on todays location. So seems to work.

5 hours ago, Kklosterman said:

I just tried to load from saved flights from the autosave and it seems to be working.

loaded from FLT while msfs2020 was running, todays flight with a small aircraft and loaded a prev save point from today.

And also clicked on a flight with a jet the other day, and it loads that aircraft on todays location. So seems to work.

Thanks!  It seems to work, well at least as good as saving and loading works usually.