The simFlight Network Forums

Help with throttle assignment in A320 FBW mod

target11

Hello
in msfs 2020 impossible to configure throttle axes on A320 neo on msfs I copy the profile by default and erase all the axis and key assignments so that there is no conflict I assigned the axes on the joy hotas warthog no problem the axes worked but not on the warthog throttles besides I uninstalled FSUIPC 7.0.5 try with the axes by default of msfs no problem it works reinstallation of FSUIPC but the throttle does not work I have attached the axis log
cordially

Luc Baron

FSUIPC7.3.log

When attaching logs, I need to see the full log, not a continuation log. I think I'm going to remove the continuation feature....

If you have issues/questions on assignments, also please include your FSUIPC7.ini file.

If something is working in the vanilla A320 and not in one of the FBW mods, then you should initially ask on the FBW forums to see what has changed and if this is an error on there side before I look into anything.

20 minutes ago, target11 said:

on flybywire a320 the axes work on command by default on the GZ DZ axes but not on fsuipc

Not usre what this means. What do you mean by 'the axes work on command by default'? Do you mean the default MSFS assignment? What is it assigned to? What do you see in the FSUIPC log when assigning in MSFS? How does this differ from the log when assigning in FSUIPC? Are you assigning to the same control that MSFS uses or a different one? Is the control that MSFS uses available?

these are the default axes of msmf 2020 I had never had a problem before version fsuipc 7.0.4 I even tried on a track with the engine running but no success on the msfs default image I only left that the GZ axis on profile luc I removed all the commands to be able to configure fsuipc I also did it on p3d I attach the .ini file the profile a320 and the images

msfs default.jpg

profile luc.jpg

FSUIPC7.ini A320_MSFS.ini

Screenshota don't help me. I need to see your logs.

But what is your actual issue? If the throttle is not working in one of the FBW mods, but is working in the vanilla A320, then your first port of call should be the FBW mod support, as  I said, Did you do that?

32 minutes ago, target11 said:

I had never had a problem before version fsuipc 7.0.4

Nothing has changed in this area in 7.0.4 or 7.0.5. What has changed is the FBW mod, so your problem must lie there.

Which mod are you using?

Try producing two log files, one using the MSFS assignments (no axis assignments in FSUIPC), and one using the FSUIPC assignments (no assignments in MSFS) and then comnpare them. Are they using the same controls or different ones?

it works with the default mode of msfs but not with fsuipc you need which logs of all me I only had to check axes controls and a click on new log after having activated the gas commands for fsuipc but for msfs I do not know how to produce newspapers or if they do it automatically I do not know where it is found

25 minutes ago, target11 said:

it works with the default mode of msfs but not with fsuipc you need which logs of all me I only had to check axes controls and a click on new log after having activated the gas commands for fsuipc but for msfs I do not know how to produce newspapers or if they do it automatically I do not know where it is found

I am sorry but I am having difficulty understanding you. Some punctuation would help. Are you using google translate? What have 'newspapers' got to do with anything?

I think you are saying the mod works with default MSFS assignments, but not when assigning in FSUIPC. Is this the case?

Can you please re-read my previous posts as you don't seem to be taking any notice of them. I still do not know what mod you are using. You haver not shown me any log files (with Axis logging activated).

And I have saif various times, if it works in the vanilla A320 and not in the mod, you should first talk to FBW support. Have you trued the vanilla A320?
Have you compared the log output of the vanilla A320 to the mod A320?

I cannot help you if you are not providing me with the information I need, or explaining yourself in a clear manner, sorry.

yes sorry for my english yes i use a translator unfortunately
at the question
I think you are saying the mod works with default MSFS assignments, but not when assigning in FSUIPC. Is this the case?
Yes
for the mod it's A32NX v0.5.2
but i will manage thanks for your time
cordially

32 minutes ago, target11 said:

I was asking. not saying!

And I was also asking if it works in the vanilla A320 (i.e. the original, without the mod).

Either way, you should check the axis events logged when working and compare when not. That should give you a hint as to where to look.
And if it is working in the vanilla A320, but not in the mod, then you need to talk to the mod providers FIRST, as I have said several times now.

There are also many FSUIPC users using the FBW A320 mods.  I don't know why they can't assist you in this.....if you created a proper title you may get more response (i.e. something like 'Help with throttle assignment in A320 FBW mod' rather than 'throttle axis assignment problem').

I'm sorry but I can't check this in more detail at the moment as I have had to uninstall the FBW mods (and all community add-ons) for the time being, as they can interfere while I'm developing an add-on myself. I may take a look in a couple of dats if you aren't getting anywhere - please report back.

John

P.S. And, as I also said, I need to see full logs, not continuation logs, and also your FSUIPC7.ini file to see your assignments. If you post again, please include both.

Edited by John Dowson
PS added

• John Dowson changed the title to Help with throttle assignment in A320 FBW mod

There is also a few issues in your log file:

150016 Product= <not readable at this time: maybe device disconnected?>
   150016    Vendor=046D, Product=C2AB (Version 0.1)
   150016    GUIDs returned for product: VID_046D&PID_C2AB:
   150016       GUID= {96C6A660-4B9A-11EB-8003-444553540000}
   150016       Details: Btns=1, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U0,V0,X255,Y255,Z0

And, more worrying:

282687 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=66423, Param=-2887, nGroup=0, fSame=0
   282687 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=66429, Param=-2887, nGroup=0, fSame=0
   282703 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=66423, Param=-2181, nGroup=0, fSame=0
   282703 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=66429, Param=-2181, nGroup=0, fSame=0
   282719 TransmitClientEvent failed! (Event=66423, Param=-1046, nGroup=0, fSame=0
   282719 **** Too many TransmitClientEvent errors received! Re-connecting now ... ****

Those are usually caused by a simconnect failure or crash.

33 minutes ago, target11 said:

well in the end the a32nx mod makes a ThrottleConfiguration.ini file automatically

The mod creates that? Weird.... Why? And if thats automatic, why does that affect your assignments?
Surely the mod isn't telling you how to assign or/and configure?

Do you have any references for this? Does it help you configure your throttle in FSUIPC, and if so, how?

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have the same issue with A32NX FBW MOD axis mapping in the FSUIPC7 however I managed to setup them by use the option "send to Fs as normal axis" and they worked fine but movement is in opposite way i-e  when physical throttles are on idle position the engines are on toga in sim and when physical throttles are on toga engines in sim are idle and no REV option is available on axis assignments page and if I go in joystick calibration page it doesn't work as this option only works when I choose first option "Send direct to Fsuipc calibration"

any help will be appreciated.

thank you

To reverse an axis that does not go through FSUIPC calibration, you can use the Additional parameters to scale input axis values functionality (see page 40 of the Advanced User guide). Basically you need to add a scale number of -1 to the axis assignment, e.g. add ',*-1' to the end of the axis assignment line in your FSUIPC7.ini file.

John

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bother you again and after long delay if you please help me in setting up throttles as they move against the physical once ( Honeycomb bravo throttles for FBW A32NX (development version))

I tried to add scale number as you advised but I think I could not understand property what you said as well as I tried to read page 40 and 41 but these things are probably little technical for me, however I put -1 at the end of the line .Please check the ini file and see if you can help me on this issue.

thank you

A Akram

FSUIPC7.ini

19 hours ago, sehadi said:

I tried to add scale number as you advised

You need to specify that this is a multiplication, so change:

2=BR,256,F,65820,0,0,0,-1    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE1_SET }-
3=BV,256,F,65821,0,0,0,-1    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE2_SET }-

to

2=BR,256,F,65820,0,0,0,*-1    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE1_SET }-
3=BV,256,F,65821,0,0,0,*-1    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE2_SET }-

Also, your profile will only match when using the EasyJet livery. To match all versions of the A320neo, change:

[Profile.FBW A320NX]
1=Airbus A320neo Easyjet NEO c/s

to

[Profile.FBW A320NX]
1=Airbus A320neo

John

25 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You need to specify that this is a multiplication, so change:

to

Also, your profile will only match when using the EasyJet livery. To match all versions of the A320neo, change:

to

John

Thanks for the prompt reply!

last night I tried by putting * after my post and it works flawlessly  however I ll change the profile name to be able to work with all liveries

I have another post in different section about rotaries not working properly if you kindly respond to that. I really appreciate 

thank you

A AKRAM