The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPCv7 - my current situation and compatibility ...

BAW9DV

Hi

First visit to this forum having just registered ....   

I currently use P3Dv4.5 as my main simulator - and I have a registered version of FSUIPCv6.   I have been a long time registered user of FSUIPC since ages ago.

For the moment, P3D is my primary Simulator.  I fly for a number of virtual airlines, a handful of which do not yet support MSFS2020.   However, I have been flying MSFS2020 since August, mainly the Cessna and doing videos exploring the new SIM, but now, having flown a few test flights in the FlyByWire A320NEO, I am beginning to think about doing some of my VA flights in the new SIM, as it evolves.   But I still use P3D along side the new SIM and wish to continue to do so for the moment until we reach a time when moving over with study level aircraft becomes a reality.

My question is this ....   Does FSUIPCv7 which is needed for any Flight Data Monitor software to interact with the new SIM, replace version 6?   Or do I install FSUIPCv7 along side the existing v6 (in a different folder)?

Naturally, I want to be able to continue to take advantage of flying in P3D as I currently do, using the mapping I have for the PMDG 744, 737NGX and FSLabs A320 for example ...  but in order to use FDM software for any VA that supports MSFS2020, I need FSUIPCv7.   Is there any conflict?

Any helpful comments to help me understand this, would be welcome.

Thank you.

Lee James

West Sussex UK

Pilot of BAW9DV

10 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

My question is this ....   Does FSUIPCv7 which is needed for any Flight Data Monitor software to interact with the new SIM, replace version 6?   Or do I install FSUIPCv7 along side the existing v6 (in a different folder)?

FSUIPC7 is a completely different product, for MSFS only, and does not replace FSUIPC6. There are no problems having both installed, but you can't run both at the same time. FSUIPC7 is also a stand-alone application (whereas FSUIPC6 and earlier were dlls/library plugins to the FS) and should be installed in its own folder.
You can also download and install the unregistered version to check for yourself.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7 is a completely different product, for MSFS only, and does not replace FSUIPC6. There are no problems having both installed, but you can't run both at the same time. FSUIPC7 is also a stand-alone application (whereas FSUIPC6 and earlier were dlls/library plugins to the FS) and should be installed in its own folder.
You can also download and install the unregistered version to check for yourself.

Ok John,

Just so I understand this .....

Ofcourse, I assume that FSUIPCv6 will only be active (running?) when I use P3D to fly.   And if I understand you correctly, since FSUIPCv7 is now an application that is to be "run" - then as long as it is not running or active when I am flying in P3D that should be fine, yes?

But when I want to fly MSFS2020, I run the newer FSUIPCv7 - and since P3D is not running, FSUIPCv6 will not be active and so should not interfere with v7?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you

Lee

Edited by BAW9DV

2 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

Ofcourse, I assume that FSUIPCv6 will only be active (running?) when I use P3D to fly.   And if I understand you correctly, since FSUIPCv7 is now an application that is to be "run" - then as long as it is not running or active when I am flying in P3D that should be fine, yes?

Yes. If P3D/FSUIPC6 is running, you will not be able to run/start FSUIPC7, and vica versa, so if FSUIPC7 is running you cannot start/run P3D.

2 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes. Its not that complicated. You can have as many different FSUIPC installations as you like (same or different versions), but only one can ever be active at any given time.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just download FSUIPC7, install it and try it out.

Note that FSUIPC7 can also be auto-started with MSFS, but as a separate application.