The simFlight Network Forums

Aerosoft A319 flight control problems in P3D V4

Please watch the attached video before commenting.

I am running the latest version of everything on Windows 10. So don't ask me to update as there is no need to.

During the after-start/before taxi checklist it runs through flight controls. My rudder pedals are fine, my aileron is fine, my elevator is a pain. It is not recognizing my elevator at all in the Flt Control system it is completely dead, what gives? I calibrate my joystick in FSUPIC NOT in P3D itself and my joystick is calibrated CORRECTLY! Don't mention anything about Null Zones or Sensitivity as FSUPIC doesn't do that. If my Calibration in FSUPIC wasn't correct my aileron, rudder etc wouldn't be working as you can see in the video, so why is the elevator being a pain? This is what i need help with. In the video you can see where i calibrate the elevator in FSUPIC and for some reason in the Axis Assignment in FSUPIC it says my elevator is assigned to Rudder and in the video you can see me change that to Elevator so that if i move my joystick back or foreword it should register as Elevator but it doesn't, what gives?

I have posted this on the Aerosoft forums and on here incase it is a Aerosoft problem.

Please watch the video before commenting. I didn't go out my way recording this problem for nothing. I have also attached my FSUPIC INI file.  JoyScan file and Log file

FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC5.log

5 minutes ago, mechanicalanimal said:

so why is the elevator being a pain?

Probably because its assigned to two axis - most likely one you are also using (assigned in P3D) to the rudder:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
2=0R,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
3=0S,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

Try deleting one of those - probably 2.

13 minutes ago, mechanicalanimal said:

Please watch the attached video before commenting.

Why? Your ini and log tell me a lot more than a video can. I rarely watch videos for support requests - they are not needed except in exceptional circumstances (and don't have the time!).
We prefer a decent description + log and ini  files.

3 minutes ago, mechanicalanimal said:

Do i delete this in the INI file?

You can do. Make sure to reload assignments if FSUIPC is running. Otherwise, you can clear it from the axis assignments panel.

43 minutes ago, mechanicalanimal said:

Don't mention anything about Null Zones or Sensitivity as FSUPIC doesn't do that

Why do you say that? You can set null zones for the centres or the extremes -- more than what P3D can do.  Just follow the step-by-step instructions in the User guide chapter on Calibration.

Similarly for "sensitivity". You can choose a response slope in the calibration tab too -- less or more sensitive in the centre to suit the aircraft.

Judging by your INI file settings you've not actually done any calibration whatsoever in FSUIPC, you've just enabled it. These are the default values:

Throttle=-16380,16380
Rudder=-16380,-512,512,16380
Aileron=-16380,-512,512,16380
Elevator=-16380,-512,512,16380

Pete

Sorry for double posting but when i try and calibrate my joystick it doesn't save what i have done and i need to start from scratch all over again. You can imagine how annoying this is. Especially when you have calibrated everything, start a flight, and then Elevator doesn't work. Seriously, what's going on with this? Elevator is completely dead EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE! The Aircraft recognises Full Left Aileron, Full Right Aileron, Full Left Rudder, Full Right Rudder, Elevator UP nah lets not do that, Elevator down,sorry nope i don't want to work for you. Why is the Aerosoft Airbus recognising my Aileron, Rudder and not my Elevator? This is what i want to get to the bottom off. In FSUPIC for Elevator  do i calibrate it as Elevator or Elevator Trim? Whats the difference. What i have tried to do so far is Calibrate it a Elevator and not Elevator Trim. I apologise if i seem angry i am at my wits end with this and it is very frustrating, especially when the calibration doesn't save after i have done it.

When i load up a flight at the default airport in P3D it works fine, it reconizes everything, but if i load a flight at say Edinburgh it only reconizes Aleron and Rudder I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ELSE TO CHANGE THIS! Seriously, whats going on with this? #

I have attached my FSUPIC files previously but it doesn't seem too amount to anything.

I made the post on the aerosoft forums and as I said they directed me here https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159948-aerosoft-a319-flight-control-problems-in-p3d-v4/&tab=comments#comment-1017928

Honestly i am at my wits end with all this. All i want to know is how to save what I have done so that when i start a flight my calibration is recognised. All i want is to get my elevators working, this is all i am asking for, everything else is fine. I apologise if i seem angry, i am, i don't mean to seem ungreatful for any support or anything this is just extremely frustrating when everything else IS FINE!

I have done some calibration and I have set some Buttons on my joustick for different commands and things, so i have done some calibration, but my Elevator is still dead, honestly this is the most annoying thing ever, I don't mean to sound angry or spam the forum or anything but seriously what is going on?

FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC5.log

2 hours ago, mechanicalanimal said:

I have done some calibration and I have set some Buttons on my joustick for different commands and things, so i have done some calibration

The INI file you supplied shows NO calibration other than the defaults, though the rudder is unusable with what you've got set there!

Throttle=-16380,16380
Rudder=0,0,0,0

But you definitely have assigned a few buttons:

1=P0,0,C65588,0     -{BRAKES}-
2=P0,3,C65601,0     -{FLAPS_3}-
3=P0,4,C65597,0     -{FLAPS_1}-
4=P0,2,C65599,0     -{FLAPS_2}-

I suggest that you first check your controls with a default aircraft, as if what you say is true your elevator axis simply is not working.

You still need to read the chapter in the User Guide on calibration and follow the steps there. They are numbered to make them easy to follow.  Please do that before posting again, because you don't seem to be following anything we are advising.

Also, you may want to try assigning NOT "Direct to FSUIPC" but to the FS controls "Axis Elevator Set" and the others in that vein. Some add-on aircraft do not respond to the direct controls.

Unfortunately the Log file you provided shows nothing useful.

BTW you said 

3 hours ago, mechanicalanimal said:

In FSUPIC for Elevator  do i calibrate it as Elevator or Elevator Trim? Whats the difference.

Quite honestly, if you don't know the difference between the elevator (operated on your joke or joystick forward and aft movement) and elevator trim (operated by a trim wheel or buttons on the arms or a yoke) then why are you trying flying such an advanced aircraft?

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The INI file you supplied shows NO calibration other than the defaults, though the rudder is unusable with what you've got set there!

Throttle=-16380,16380
Rudder=0,0,0,0

But you definitely have assigned a few buttons:

1=P0,0,C65588,0     -{BRAKES}-
2=P0,3,C65601,0     -{FLAPS_3}-
3=P0,4,C65597,0     -{FLAPS_1}-
4=P0,2,C65599,0     -{FLAPS_2}-

I suggest that you first check your controls with a default aircraft, as if what you say is true your elevator axis simply is not working.

You still need to read the chapter in the User Guide on calibration and follow the steps there. They are numbered to make them easy to follow.  Please do that before posting again, because you don't seem to be following anything we are advising.

Also, you may want to try assigning NOT "Direct to FSUIPC" but to the FS controls "Axis Elevator Set" and the others in that vein. Some add-on aircraft do not respond to the direct controls.

Unfortunately the Log file you provided shows nothing useful.

BTW you said 

Quite honestly, if you don't know the difference between the elevator (operated on your joke or joystick forward and aft movement) and elevator trim (operated by a trim wheel or buttons on the arms or a yoke) then why are you trying flying such an advanced aircraft?

Pete

I think you hit the nail on the head, what i have been doing is "Direct to FSUPIC" as it will control my Aircraft in P3D. Will i need to create a profile for the Aerosoft Airbus and calibrate each aircraft e.g. A319, A320 and so on? I think what i was doing is i was doing "Direct to FSUPIC" to save me a job of calibrating all my aircraft in P3D

10 hours ago, mechanicalanimal said:

Will i need to create a profile for the Aerosoft Airbus and calibrate each aircraft e.g. A319, A320 and so on?

You don't need to create a profile for all aircraft individually.  You already have a profile entry for one of the A320's:

[Profile.Aerosoft A320]
1=Aerosoft A320 professional EASYJET G-EZTC

Just shorten that to

1=Aerosoft A320

and perhaps add

2=Aerosoft A319

etc. i.e. a short name recognisable for each Airbus. Then the same profile will apply to all.

Currently you have no Profile-specific assignments. In fact you've not really done much at all -- the INI file is almost all default. So you could change the Profile name to "Aerosoft Airbus" for clarity:

[Profile.Aerosoft Airbus]
1=Aerosoft A320
2=Aerosoft A319

Just make sure that whatever names you add are a part of the aircraft name and unambiguously so.

10 hours ago, mechanicalanimal said:

what i have been doing is "Direct to FSUPIC" as it will control my Aircraft in P3D.

Any way of assigning controls will result in instructions for them being sent to P3D. That's what it is all about. The "direct to FSUIPC" mode simply sends the controls only to the Calibration section of FSUIPC, which then alters the values according to your calibration (which you've never actually done!), and only then are the changed values sent on to P3D.

With the normal FS control method, the assigned controls are sent direct to P3d, but if you have calibrated they are then intercepted by FSUIPC just before they reach the aircraft itself, and calibrated then before being returned to the Sim. The "direct to FSUIPC" method is obviously more efficient, but some aircraft (Aerosoft Pro range, and PMDG Boeings) sometimes don't like it as they do their own interception. This doesn't apply to all controls -- in the PMDG ones it's mostly with the throttles.

But none of that explained why your Aileron control works, but your Elevator control doesn't. That's why I strongly suggest you start with a default aircraft, not an add-on one. Get it working properly there first. Then we'll know what to change for the Airbus.

And if you are going to bother to use FSUIPC properly, I suggest that you do read up about it first. It is like a bag of tools. Find out about each one before using it. If you do decide to use the calibration then you should most definitely follow the numbered steps in the Calibration chapter. So far you've not calibrated anything -- excpet apparently the rudder where you've stopped it working altogether (all values = 0).

Finally, you should really read up about "trim". The elevator trim is one of the most important controls in an aircraft and has to be learned and understood by all trainee pilots -- it is very important and is NOT the same as the elevator whose use is more immediately obvious.

Pete

I would do as Pete says, but first delete your current profile (its empty) and start again. When you create a profile (best to do this in the axes assignments section first), you must either import the [General] axes first (a pop-up will ask you this) or add at least one axis assignment before you close. Otherwise you will have a profile created and no axis section which can cause issues later when trying to add/edit axis assignments for that aircraft.

Sorry to get in the conversation. Las monday I bought the wilco airbus evolution, but now that I am doing manual landing the airplane get so difficult to control. it moves side and it get so unstable. with the old wilco airbus I didn't have that problem. Could you help me with this. Thank you 

On 3/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, kike said:

Sorry to get in the conversation

You are hijacking a topic not related to your issue, so I doubt you will get a response.
If you think this is an FSUIPC issue, please create another topic, but also please supply more information and show us your files (log and ini to start with).
But, as you issue seems more related to a specific add-on, so best to try the support forums for that aircraft first.

John