Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Ver. 7.0.5 - FSUIPC7 is not starting through the batch file.


Recommended Posts

With ver. 7.0.4 the batch file always started both MSFS as well as FSUIPC7 but now it only starts MSFS.  I then have to manually start FSUIPC7 (which is not a big deal), just wanted to let you know this.

 

Regards,

Dane

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danewatson said:

With ver. 7.0.4 the batch file always started both MSFS as well as FSUIPC7 but now it only starts MSFS.

There is no change in this in v7.0.5. Are you sure you selected to install the auto-start component? Try re-installing to make sure, and if you have the same problem show me your install log file.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

There is no change in this in v7.0.5. Are you sure you selected to install the auto-start component? Try re-installing to make sure, and if you have the same problem show me your install log file.

Thanks John I have in fact re-installed it three times now and yes the Auto Start Component is checked - see attached.

Also attached is my Install Log.

 

Regards, Dane

Auto Start Component.JPG

InstallFSUIPC7.log

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, danewatson said:

Thanks John I have in fact re-installed it three times now and yes the Auto Start Component is checked - see attached.

Also attached is my Install Log.

 

Regards, Dane

Auto Start Component.JPG

InstallFSUIPC7.log 3.78 kB · 1 download

John I found the issue - I had to change two lines in the bat file - see two attached...

 

111779664_Changedbatfile.thumb.JPG.233ae2be0ecd053af23af61895e7462d.JPG111779664_Changedbatfile.thumb.JPG.233ae2be0ecd053af23af61895e7462d.JPG109009565_Originalbatfile.thumb.JPG.e526d47829a509b98dc60b2e4aafcf14.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danewatson said:

John I found the issue - I had to change two lines in the bat file - see two attached...

That is not the issue! You have reverted to the previous way of starting FSUIPC7, directly from the batch file rather than having it started by MSFS using the EXE.xml.

You log file shows the EXE.xml was updated:

Quote

Updating EXE.XML for MS Store install
C:\Users\Dane\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml has been updated.

Could you show me that file please.

I have had one or two other reports of the EXE.xml not being processed correctly by MSFS. I'm not sure why this is, but if the EXE.xml is as it should be, then for now you will have to use the old method, as you are now doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

That is not the issue! You have reverted to the previous way of starting FSUIPC7, directly from the batch file rather than having it started by MSFS using the EXE.xml.

You log file shows the EXE.xml was updated:

Could you show me that file please.

I have had one or two other reports of the EXE.xml not being processed correctly by MSFS. I'm not sure why this is, but if the EXE.xml is as it should be, then for now you will have to use the old method, as you are now doing.

Here you are John, my EXE.xml file.

 

Dane

exe.xml

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, danewatson said:

Here you are John, my EXE.xml file.

The FSUIPC entry added is correct, but the rest isn't! Something else must have written that before you installed FSUIPC, and made a bad job of it....

Change:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="SimConnect">
    <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
    <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>

to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>

Leave the FSUIPC7 entry as it is.

Than try again. You should also commend-out the start of FSUIPC7 from the MSFS.bat file so it doesn't try and start two copies.

Or you could just delete that EXE.xml and re-install. It will be re-created with the correct format.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The FSUIPC entry added is correct, but the rest isn't! Something else must have written that before you installed FSUIPC, and made a bad job of it....

Change:


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="SimConnect">
    <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
    <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>

to


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>

Leave the FSUIPC7 entry as it is.

Than try again. You should also commend-out the start of FSUIPC7 from the MSFS.bat file so it doesn't try and start two copies.

Or you could just delete that EXE.xml and re-install. It will be re-created with the correct format.

John, I followed your directions - but I am afraid it did not help.  I then deleted the EXE and I re-installed FSUIPC7 - but that also did not help.

So I went back to the MSFS bat file and removed the commented-out two lines as shown here and FSUIPC7 starts-up along with MSFS ---

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
start "" "C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe"

I am OK with that as long as you are as well?

Dane

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, danewatson said:

I am OK with that as long as you are as well

Thats fine, but as this seems to be an ongoing issue I'd like to know what is causing this and if there is anything I can do to get around this.

Another user has reported an interesting observation with the EXE.xml (not starting programs more than one folder deep), but it doesn't apply in your situation  - see

9 hours ago, danewatson said:

John, I followed your directions - but I am afraid it did not help.  I then deleted the EXE and I re-installed FSUIPC7 - but that also did not help.

Can you show me/attach your EXE.xml file again please. If that has the correct format and is in the correct location, I do not understand why MSFS isn't picking it up in your installation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Thats fine, but as this seems to be an ongoing issue I'd like to know what is causing this and if there is anything I can do to get around this.

Another user has reported an interesting observation with the EXE.xml (not starting programs more than one folder deep), but it doesn't apply in your situation  - see

Can you show me/attach your EXE.xml file again please. If that has the correct format and is in the correct location, I do not understand why MSFS isn't picking it up in your installation.

Greetings John,  I notice in the example EXE.xml files from Rick S that his EXE.xml file structure/coding is different - here is a copy/paste of his first few lines...

Rick's EXE.xml

xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Simconnect" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>D:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine></CommandLine>

This is my EXE.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>EXE.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Name>FSUIPC7</Name><Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path><CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine><NewConsole>False</NewConsole></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

 

 

 

I am attaching my EXE.xml file again for you to review.  Also as Rick stated, he found that the FSUIPC7 file should only be one level deep, as is mine (C:\FSUIP7\FSUIPC7.exe)

EXE.xml

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your EXE.xml is now correct.

I don't know what created Rick's EXE.xml, but it wasn't FSUIPC. As well as being incomplete (but that may be a paste problem), it should have the CommandLine option (-auto) and needs the <NewConsole> entry. His document Type is also incorrect, as Simconnect rather than Launch. That may also be valid though, I'm not sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

John and Dane,

The EXE.xml files I shared were all created by me based on what I saw other users doing in their setups. As I stated in my post, all 3 of the Example EXE.xml files I shared were tried and worked in my case.  Including  the one with the Type=" Simconnect". 

Example 1, (attached) is the one created by FSUIPC, edited with the individual lines shown on top of one another rather than running together.  I find it easier to read this way.  It has the CommandLine option (-auto) and the <NewConsole> entry. It is also the EXE.xml  I am currently using. I don't fully understand how xml files work, I just know in my case that they do.

Another note: I am starting MSFS using the MSFS icon, not the FSUIPC7 icon. I did not try all 3 Examples using the FSUIPC7 icon to see if they worked.

Rick S.

EXE_EXAMPLE-1.xml

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ricktana said:

John and Dane,

The EXE.xml files I shared were all created by me based on what I saw other users doing in their setups. As I stated in my post, all 3 of the Example EXE.xml files I shared were tried and worked in my case.  Including  the one with the Type=" Simconnect". 

Example 1, (attached) is the one created by FSUIPC, edited with the individual lines shown on top of one another rather than running together.  I find it easier to read this way.  It has the CommandLine option (-auto) and the <NewConsole> entry. It is also the EXE.xml  I am currently using. I don't fully understand how xml files work, I just know in my case that they do.

Another note: I am starting MSFS using the MSFS icon, not the FSUIPC7 icon. I did not try all 3 Examples using the FSUIPC7 icon to see if they worked.

Rick S.

EXE_EXAMPLE-1.xml 1.25 kB · 0 downloads

Greetings John and Rick,

Thanks John for trying to help me with this, but it is still not working.

Thanks Rick for explaining how you created your EXE.xml files - I just know that the only way I can get MSFS and FSUIPC7 started through the MSFS.bat file is by doing it the older (previous) way - that is to say, by removing the commented out commands as you see here...

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

:: start FSUIPC7
start "" "C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe"

II have no clue how an xml file works but I do know that for my system this one does not work - I may have something that is a problem????

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your EXE.xml file is correct and in the right location, I do not know why this isn't being processed by MSFS. Especially as this previously worked for you in v7.0.4 and there has been no change in this area between the versions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ricktana said:

I saw this video on Youtube today that might be an alternative if you can't get the EXE.xml file to work.

But FSUIPC7 already comes with a batch file - MSFS.bat. As already discussed, if the EXE.xml doesn't work you can re-enable the old code there to start FSUIPC7 AND MSFS. You can also edit to add other programs if you wish. Of course, you can create your own, as shown in that video, if you prefer.

However, it would be better to launch via the EXE.xml if possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

same problem for me.....

I changed in the file.bat the value

:: wait for MSFS to start (2mins)
timeout /t %delay% /nobreak > NUL

to

:: start FSUIPC7
start "" "C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe"

MSFS running but fsuipc not start......

any idea?

regards

giosue 
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, giosuepirozzi said:

any idea?

All the things you need to try have already been said....

What have you tried? What is your install - MS Store or Steam? Have you checked you EXE.xml file? Did you actually select to auto-start FSUIPC7 with MSFS? Is your FSUIPC7 actually installed in that location? Where is your install log?
 

I'm sorry, but there are so many posts on this now, and I am repeating the same thing again and again. Please try all the suggestions previously posted.... I know I need to create a FAQ topic for this as it is a relatively common problem, but I just don't have time at the moment... You should always search for similar posts before posting  (which you did) and try what is suggested there (did you? You do not say what you have tried) and then, if you still need to post, ALWAYS attach the relevant files.

I do not know your system. I cannot help unless you provide sufficient information. For any installation issues, always your InstallFSUIPC7.log file, the FSUIPC7.log file (if there is one), and for auto-start issues, please attach your EXE.xml file and tell me what your MSFS install type is - Steam, MS Store or boxed. Thanks.

John

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, same Problem here on a friends system.

There are two programs that should launch.

1 AFC_Bridge for Honeycomb B-Throttle light

2. FSUIPC

1. does launch but 2. does not, on his system.

On my system there is no problem with the exe.xml (attached here)

 FSUIPC 7.005 on both systems:
Difference. his MSFS is not installed on Default Path C:.... My MSFS is in the default location.

2. Difference, Install path of FSUIPC his path is D:\FSTools\FSUIPC7 on his system.

 

 

exe.xml

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Roland said:

Difference. his MSFS is not installed on Default Path C:.... My MSFS is in the default location.

It shouldn't matter where MSFS is installed.

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

2. Difference, Install path of FSUIPC his path is D:\FSTools\FSUIPC7 on his system.

I have had reports that for some users, the auto-start via the EXE.xml only works when installed a maximum of one folder deep from the drive letter, but his is only one level deep and doesn't work, whereas your is several folders deep and does. Strange....

I am really at a loss as to why this isn't working for some users. Do you have different install types (MS Store vs Steam), or the same?
Maybe try changing the order of the <Launch.Addon> entries in his EXE.xml file, to see if that makes a difference.
Otherwise, I don't know what else to advise. They can try going back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7 from the MSFS.bat file. Instructions on using this method are explained earlier in this topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi John,

he did edit the batch and uses the "old method" that works for him.

We have both the same Version of MSFS (MS Store) 

BTW it was the Aerosoft installer of the honeycomb AFC-Bridge that setup a incorrect exe.xml

We will give it a try to first install FSUIPC7 and after that the AFC-Bridge.

Thanks so far.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roland said:

BTW it was the Aerosoft installer of the honeycomb AFC-Bridge that setup a incorrect exe.xml

We will give it a try to first install FSUIPC7 and after that the AFC-Bridge.

Yes, I have heard that screws up the exe.xml. Maybe best to make a copy of the EXE.xml before you install the AFC-Bridge, and then if you have issues you could go back to that and then edit to add the AFC-Bridge launch section. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I found a solution for the exe.xml problem.

There are to cases that work

If FSUIPC7.exe is set to start as administrator, you must start MSFS with admin rights.

If FSUIPC7.exe is NOT set to start as administrator, do must start MSFS WITHOUT admin rights.

Every other combination does not work.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.