The simFlight Network Forums

Ver. 7.0.5 - FSUIPC7 is not starting through the batch file.

danewatson

I too am having a challenge getting FSUIPC to connect with the sim. I can't see any tray icon or interface for FSUIPC v7.

Here is a copy of my sim xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>FSUIPC7</Name>

<Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>

<NewConsole>False</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Thanks for any assistance.

Brad

1 hour ago, ba43 said:

I too am having a challenge getting FSUIPC to connect with the sim. I can't see any tray icon or interface for FSUIPC v7.

Here is a copy of my sim xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>FSUIPC7</Name>

<Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>

<NewConsole>False</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Thanks for any assistance.

Brad

71B5947B-CF84-4A17-8DAE-354383A50F89.jpeg

4 hours ago, Roland said:

I think I found a solution for the exe.xml problem.

There are to cases that work

If FSUIPC7.exe is set to start as administrator, you must start MSFS with admin rights.

If FSUIPC7.exe is NOT set to start as administrator, do must start MSFS WITHOUT admin rights.

Every other combination does not work.

It is and always has been the case that all programs that are communicating with the FS have to be ran at the same level as the FS.

3 hours ago, ba43 said:

Your EXE.xml (not sim.xml) is fine. Your problem is most probably that highlighted in the README.txt, which also tells you how to resolve:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   then you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributibles from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed
   the combined redistributable packages (usually both the x86 and x64 ones) from here:
       https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1
2. If you receive a pop-up System Error from MSFS when auto-starting FSUIPC7, also please also try the steps outlined in 1. above.
   You can also try starting FSUIPC7.exe manually to see if any errors are given.

11 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Your EXE.xml (not sim.xml) is fine. Your problem is most probably that highlighted in the README.txt, which also tells you how to resolve:

Got it. Updating the C++ libraries fixed this. The module now runs as required. Thank you

On 3/23/2021 at 7:03 AM, Roland said:

I think I found a solution for the exe.xml problem.

There are to cases that work

If FSUIPC7.exe is set to start as administrator, you must start MSFS with admin rights.

If FSUIPC7.exe is NOT set to start as administrator, do must start MSFS WITHOUT admin rights.

Every other combination does not work.

Roland - I agree, I have verified this as well.  However I do not know how to check if MSFS is starting with or without Admin rights.  But I have found that if I uncheck FSUIPC7.exe "Run this program as administrator"  then it auto starts as it should.  The minute I run as administrator it will not startup.

• 1 year later...

I had the Fenix Bootstrapper, FS2Crew Command Center and AFC Bridge in my exe.xml.  Everything had stopped launching with MSFS after I had installed AFC Bridge.  I think (so far so good) I have resolved the issue by moving the location of the AFC_Bridge directory from the Community folder where I had it previously, to another directory in My Documents.  

It was working if I ran MSFS as Administrator, but that "fix" didn't make sense to me so I tried the above and it appears to be all working fine now.  Thought this might help someone.

Edited by wedontneedroads
spellings

10 hours ago, wedontneedroads said:

I think (so far so good) I have resolved the issue by moving the location of the AFC_Bridge directory from the Community folder where I had it previously, to another directory in My Documents.  

But this would mean that AFC_Bridge would not run...
For auto-start issues, please see the following FAQ entry: 

John