The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC interfering with door opening on QW787

Hello,

I recently installed the QW787 and I have been unable to control the doors properly with FSUIPC installed. When I disable FSUIPC, this issue does not occur. On attempt to open either Door 2L, 1R or Fwd Cargo, the door 1L (main exit opening) (shift+E command) opens and the other doors fail to open. I will link a video below where you can see this for yourself. I have seen posts on this issue before on these forums but I have gone through them and I have found that they don't necessarily make a resolution for this problem too clear.

What I have tried doing is changing the TimeToSelect=0 in the ini file and this hasnt worked. I will attach a FSUIPC5.log file to see if this helps, if you need to see a different log file to help you investigating this, please specify what file you need and where this file is located. I am using FSUIPC v5.157.

Thanks

David

FSUIPC5.log

12 hours ago, David Flynn said:

if you need to see a different log file to help you investigating this, please specify what file you need and where this file is located. I am using FSUIPC v5.157.

Can you show me your FSUIPC5.ini file as well please. Also, activate logging for buttons & keys as well as events (non-axis controls) and produce another log file showing you trying the various open door controls. And also close down P3D before attaching the log so I can see the complete log file.

13 hours ago, David Flynn said:

What I have tried doing is changing the TimeToSelect=0 in the ini file and this hasnt worked.

Did this value stay as 0 when you set it, or did it revert back? I ask as a user with the same issue in this thread said that this change got reverted. 

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Can you show me your FSUIPC5.ini file as well please. Also, activate logging for buttons & keys as well as events (non-axis controls) and produce another log file showing you trying the various open door controls. And also close down P3D before attaching the log so I can see the complete log file.

Did this value stay as 0 when you set it, or did it revert back? I ask as a user with the same issue in this thread said that this change got reverted. 

Hello John,

Attached with this reply is my FSUIPC5.ini and the log file. 
This value stays at 0 because I changed it in the ini file with P3D shut down, so therefore it didnt revert back to 4.

Thanks for taking time to look into this for me
David

FSUIPC5.log FSUIPC5.ini

4 hours ago, David Flynn said:

Attached with this reply is my FSUIPC5.ini and the log file. 

Your log is very strange:

157438 KEYDOWN: VK=65, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0
   157438 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   157438 KEYUP: VK=65, Waiting=0, Shifts=0
   157547 KEYDOWN: VK=83, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0
   157547 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   157703 KEYUP: VK=83, Waiting=0, Shifts=0
   158531 KEYDOWN: VK=16, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
   158531 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   158891 KEYDOWN: VK=50, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
   158891 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   158906 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65907 (0x00010173), Param= 0 (0x00000000) PANEL_2
   159110 KEYUP: VK=50, Waiting=0, Shifts=1
   159266 KEYUP: VK=16, Waiting=0, Shifts=0
   160000 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66389 (0x00010355), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT

This shows:
    - letter 'A' (65) pressed, followed by
    - letter 'S' (83), followed by
    - '2' key (50)

There is no log of a ctrl+shift+ e key combination. Could you tell me what you pressed to produce this log?
If it wasn't those keys, then something is seriously wrong....

You do have a TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT being sent. This must come from P3D (not FSUIPC7) - did you send this from the UI, or do you have an assignment to the 'A' or 'S' key in P3D?

Could you produce another log file for me. Change the TimeForSelect back to 4 before you test please.
Attach you log and ini files after the test, and also provide a brief description if what you did (i.e. keys pressed).

If you did press ctrl+shift+e in your original test, there may be some memory corruption somewhere.
This can be caused by a corrupt weather file - you could try adding NoWeatherAtAll=Yes to the [General] section of your ini file to disable weather for the time being.

Could you also try a default aircraft (e.g. Lockheed Martin HC-130H), and test the doors in that.

Thanks,

John

Hello again John,

So in this scenario, I have loaded up the QW787. I have A and S asigned to ChasePlane camera views but I would be very surprised if i pressed each of those keys that many times. The 2 is what I use to get the QW control panel. You have to press Shift+2 to open the control panel and then you click on the doors you want to open. I don't have any key assignments set to Toggle Aircraft Exit but having read some posts about this on the forums I did try to assign it yesterday at one point but it didnt work, and I had it assigned to ctrl+shift+e, I got rid of it after trying it though, but i did stick the NoWeatherAtAll line into my ini file just to be sure. TimeToSelect was set back to 4 and this was the QW787 again. So thats whats in that log file attached. I actually dont have any default aircraft ( I managed to get rid of them somehow so now I only have addon aircraft, but I dont use default aircraft so I am not complaining). I never use key assignments to open doors, I usually use the control panel or the FMC, depending on what the addon aircraft provides. Also for some reason this will not let me upload the log file because it is 73kb and the max is 1.97kb??

I hope this helps

David

11 hours ago, David Flynn said:

So in this scenario, I have loaded up the QW787. I have A and S asigned to ChasePlane camera views but I would be very surprised if i pressed each of those keys that many times. The 2 is what I use to get the QW control panel. You have to press Shift+2 to open the control panel and then you click on the doors you want to open. I

Ok, then your log makes sense then, and it shows that FSUIPC isn't interfering and the correct events are being sent when you click on the doors you want to open. I don't know why these aren't working.

I don't have any key assignments set to Toggle Aircraft Exit but having read some posts about this on the forums I did try to assign it yesterday at one point but it didnt work, and I had it assigned to ctrl+shift+e, I got rid of it after trying it though,

OK - that was still in the ini file that you posted though. And there are no other assignments anyway - what do you use FSUIPC for?

i did stick the NoWeatherAtAll line into my ini file just to be sure.

You can remove this now as its not an issue, I just mis-understood your log file.

I'm really not sure what to advise, as FSUIPC is not doing anything on your system I cannot see how it can be affecting the door operation within P3D - its only logging the events). Maybe @Pete Dowsonmay know more?

15 hours ago, David Flynn said:

Also for some reason this will not let me upload the log file because it is 73kb and the max is 1.97kb??

Just ZIP log files -- they ZIP up really well.

You did attach a log file earlier. If you keep the actions you need to reproduce the problem just once (i.e. one attempt, no more the log should still be fairly small in any case.

Pete

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Just ZIP log files -- they ZIP up really well.

You did attach a log file earlier. If you keep the actions you need to reproduce the problem just once (i.e. one attempt, no more the log should still be fairly small in any case.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Please find below a link which shall direct you to the log file and ini file in question.

In this scenario i literally loaded up the qualitywings 787, clicked on the click spot in the flight deck to open up the control panel, and then i opened the door, I didnt even change the view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W3TAtkiwzWqI3RkqIg67Duxt4aUu6S2J/view?usp=sharing

I really hope this helps
All the best

David

Edited by David Flynn

14 hours ago, David Flynn said:

Please find below a link which shall direct you to the log file and ini file in question.

Thanks. That's one way of doing it, but the ZIP is so small it should have been possible to attach to your message.  Most other users have no prooblem. Where did you get your 1.97kb limit from?

Anyway, this is the only part of interest:

267781 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66506 (0x000103ca), Param= 5013 (0x00001395) PANEL_ID_TOGGLE
   268891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66389 (0x00010355), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT
   268891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   268891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   268891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65539 (0x00010003), Param= 0 (0x00000000) SELECT_2

The problem appears to be that, rather than send the TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT with a parameter of 2, it tries to emulate the keyboard and send the 2 separately as a SELECT 2 control. The unwanted intervening, and I assume, spurious ATC_MENU_CLOSE entries wreck the association between the two parts of the door control.

The FSUIPC option "TimeForSelect" is meant to overcome that,  It operates by holding off sending the first control for a short time in case there's a SELECT following in that time.

The same sort of thing applies to ENGINE selection and PUSHBACK_SET.  It became necessary when the advent of more sophisticated aircraft, like the PMDG ones (and I assume your QW787) operated many of their internal systems by sending a load of controls themselves, and these were getting between the two.

So, theoretically, if TimeForSelect=0 then FSUIPC shouldn't be interfering -- the controls are only intercepted for logging purposes, nothing else. I see you now have the default value, TimeForSelect=4, set, but that doesn't appear to be operating correctly in your test.

The main question therefore comes down to: there do those spurious ATC_MENU_CLOSE controls come from. I assume they only occur when FSUIPC is running, hence the difference?

What would the sequence look like with TimeForSelect=0 set? Could you do the simple test again, with that set? I only want to see the equivalent log section -- i.e. from selecting the Panel to the SELECT, inclusive, as i have above.

It is also interesting that the user "Frafty" in 2018 (the link John provided above) had exactly the same problem with the same aircraft, and solved the problem by reinstallation. That suggests that something is getting corrupted or some setting is going wrong.

I'll see if i can do some experimenting here. It's a shame i don't have the QW787 to test with, but it isn't a cheap package. i'll try emulating the action, but i'm concerned that it is something aircraft-specific which is generating those spurious controls.

Pete

Could you try with this interim test version of FSUIPC5 please:

FSUIPC5.zip

Make a safety copy of the FSUIPC5.DLL in your P3D modules folder, and then put this in instead.

Add this to the [General] section of your FSUIPC5.INI file:

PanelEventHandling=No

and test with TimeForSelect=0 and, in a separate session, TimeForSelect=4. Please let me know, with logs as beflore (just the relevant sections will do -- you can paste them into your messages).

I can't guarantee this will change anything, but this option makes FSUIPC receive events via SimConnect instead of from the panel. As we cannot reproduce the problem with any of the default aircraft it must be something to do with the QW787 panels.

Pete

21 minutes ago, David Flynn said:

Excuse me for that, neither of the three times worked

I think then that I've no chance of working out why. It doesn't really make sense. The change I made was just an alternative method of FSUIPC doing its normal job, one not involving the Panels part of P3D so much.

I think there must be something really odd going on with that QW787 Try the P3D client re-install as John suggests, but then i'm really out of ideas. It's a shame you have no default aircraft to test with, because that might suggest some interaction with another add-on. If you really don't want to reinstall the P3D content stuff so you can test with other aircraft, you could try stopping all the other add-ons. If it then works, add them back one at a time to see which is the culprit. Didn't you mention ChasePlane at one point?

BTW the logs look perfect. Exactly what I get here with default aircraft. It's definitely something in the way they've done the QW787/

Pete

10 hours ago, David Flynn said:

I just had a look and i can actually run some tests on the default Airbus 321 if it helps

Yes please.

My theory now is that the spurious "ATC_MENU_CLOSE" controls, generated presumably by SimConnect, which also occur for me and don't appear to interfere with most other aircraft models, are actually stopping the particular code in the QW787. Perhaps it only waits for the next event and if it isn't a SELECT simply goes ahead and operates the default door instead.

If this is the case then what we always thought was a harmless bug in SimConnect is not so harmless.

I'll do some experiments here, if John agrees. But please do the test on your Airbus just in case this shows that it is some corruption (or add-on influence) particular to your set up.

I don't suppose you have exchanged notes with other QW787 users, have you? Seems odd there's only this occurrrence sine the one solved by reinstall back in 2018.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I will give that a try, I have never really used default aircraft before so i figure you want me to just use shift e to try opening the door for the test. 

I can give that a try now to see whats going on there. I have spoken to friends who have the QW787 and they all said they have never had this problem (just my luck haha)

I have contacted QW about it before I came here and they suggested an external addon interfering, perhaps FSUIPC, which is when i disabled it realising that the door does indeed open when i disable it, bringing me here.

Edit: Log for opening door of default A321 ( The door 1L did indeed open upon pressing Shift E)

163234 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66389 (0x00010355), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT
   163234 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   163234 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE

2 hours ago, David Flynn said:

Edit: Log for opening door of default A321 ( The door 1L did indeed open upon pressing Shift E)

What about other doors. Door "1L" (forward pax I assume) is just the default isn't it?

2 hours ago, David Flynn said:

Affirm Sir, nothing changed

I'm thinking it should have been the QW787 re-installed. Might be worth a try, please.

I wonder if it uses a DLL module. Could you find and show me your DLL.XML file please (in your AppData\Roaming folder for P3D)?

Pete

Hello Pete,

So I have tried doing Shift E 2 and Shift E 3 on the default a321 which apparently should allow me to open the other doors

I will leave below what the log file says, but everytime i try this only door 1L actually opens when i try opening the other doors, very similarly to the QW 787

Shift E 2   

534344 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66389 (0x00010355), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT
   534344 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   534344 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   534438 KEYDOWN: VK=50, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
   534438 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   534438 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65907 (0x00010173), Param= 0 (0x00000000) PANEL_2

Shift E 3

268250 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66389 (0x00010355), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT
   268250 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   268250 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE
   268281 KEYDOWN: VK=51, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
   268281 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
   268359 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65908 (0x00010174), Param= 0 (0x00000000) PANEL_3