The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC updating from v5 to v6

8 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Hello. Have your FSUIPC5 payware. Updating to 6 will need uninstalling v5?

When you install v6, it will detect your v5 installation and automatically uninstall it. You can install in the same folder, and then re-name your FSUIPC5.ini to FSUIPC6.ini.
Of course, you will need a new key/registration for FSUIPC6, available from SimMarket (with a discount applied at checkout for FSUIPC5 license holders).

John

Trouble here.

Updated QW787 to v1.4.0 and with it came a FSUIPC5.15x. I had v6.0.9 installed. When running P3Dv4.5 there is a message (attachments there). Inside C:\Documents\P3Dv4 Addons\FSUIPC6.

Followed instructions but only thing found in task manager is P3D running(3).

Restarted computer & P3D with some error message.

Screen Shot 03-10-21 at 08.42 AM.PNG

Just now, Eduardo P said:

Trouble here.

Updated QW787 to v1.4.0 and with it came a FSUIPC5.15x. I had v6.0.9 installed. When running P3Dv4.5 there is a message (attachments there). Inside C:\Documents\P3Dv4 Addons\FSUIPC6.

Followed instructions but only thing found in task manager is P3D running(3).

Restarted computer & P3D with some error message.

Screen Shot 03-10-21 at 08.42 AM.PNG

Why post twice, with you second comment being just a copy of the first?

The FSUIPC5 installer will not detect FSUIPC6, so it has installed a second copy with your QW787 update. Just uninstall that copy - or, better, when you install the QW787, don't opt to install FSUIPC5, if that is possible.

It may be better to uninstall FSUIPC6 as well as FSUIPC5, and then re-install again once everything has been removed.

It was a mistake of mine. Newbie here.

This is what I got: 2 FSUIPC. Can't see where I uninstall both FSUIPC. In Uninstall Program I have FSUIPC6.0.12 but no FSUIPC5.

1) How to uninstall both v5 & v6?

2) Shall I uninstall QW787 too?

Tks

Screen Shot 03-10-21 at 09.03 AM.PNG

I do not know where you have installed things.

For FSUIPC5, you need to find out where it is installed, and run the uninstaller that should be in the same location as the FSUIPC5.dll.

For FSUIPC6, you can uninstall also by using the provided uninstaller (in the same folder as the FSUIPC6.dll), or use the windows app management control panel to uninstall.

I cannot advise on the QW787 as I do not have or know that aircraft. Try leaving it installed first.

FSUIPC5 was installed in P3Dv4\Modules\FSUIPC5_after QW install. There is no uninstaller there or anywhere so I think that just to delete this folder. FSUIPC6 was installed in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSUIPC6 and is shown at ...uninstall program at Windows.

4 hours ago, Eduardo P said:

There is no uninstaller there or anywhere so I think that just to delete this folder.

Yes, sorry - I forgot that FSUIPC5 doesn't create an uninstaller. Just delete the folder.

You could also edit your DLL.xml file to remove the entry that starts the FSUIPC5.dll - should be under your <User>\ApppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder.