The simFlight Network Forums

Air File Offset - Again!

Dave March

With reference to an old post...

... and apologies if this has been readdressed since (but I couldn't find anything more) but today I thought I was having another senior moment. The offset 0x3C00 was once again only showing the path from \Simobjects and not the full path. So I restarted FS and tried again and this time 0x3C00 was now showing the full path. What the heck? Hitting Escape and returning to the main menu I changed aircraft and hit Fly Now, once at the departure airport I tried 0x3C00 again and whoa!!!! Only showing the path from \SimObjects.

I recall last year when we were discussing this I thought Asobo were changing things on a daily basis because this reared its ugly head quite a few times but now I can recreate it.

Don't know if this helps at all

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave March said:

Don't know if this helps at all

This is a know issue. It was documented in previous versions of the SDK documentation as to when a full path is given and when a partial path is given, but just checked in the latest documentation and couldn't find it (although its obviously the same - may be there somewhere....). I think, if I remember correctly, it depends on if the plane in question is a default (i.e. in all versions) or a protected (in deluxe and other versions, or an add-on), but not sure.... May also depend on when the event is sent...

But, FSUIPC is just showing what MSFS is supplying, so  there's not much I can do, sorry.

John

2 minutes ago, Dave March said:

Thanks John... I didn't think there was much that could be done... at least I know the formats I'm likely to get so can work around it

Yes, possibly...
The problem is that the partial path is partial from a folder whose name is not known and, as far as I know, not possible to derive. I did look at trying to convert partial paths to full paths, but gave up in the end as the information needed wasn't available (easily!).
But I guess it depends on how or what you are doing with this....

John