The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule Creator Tool - create 100% custom schedules

EliGrim

On March 24 the Schedule Creator will be online.

This tool is not to be confused with the Schedule Builder. This is about creating your own real world or fantasy schedules.
Basically what happens here is the same as if you edit the text files of the Real Traffic AddOn - just better! 😁

I'm already informing about this, so that all interested people know about it by the time it is released, can try it out shortly after, and ideally give feedback and bug reports. This is therefore crucial, as I don't plan to work on the tool beyond March, unless there should be a serious bug discovered later on.

I hope there are some people who are interested in this website and have fun with it.

https://creator.eligrim.de/

Important notice:
My Tower!3D (Pro) and Tower! Simulator 3 tools/websites will be discontinued in March 2024. All related content and subdomains will be removed from the servers. Access to the tools/websites will no longer be possible.

Edited by EliGrim
termination announcement
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

After an energy-sapping 2 days, the Schedule Creator is finally ready for you to test.

At first it may seem a bit confusing. Therefore, there will be a help video in the next few days that will provide an insight into the various functions.
But before I record the video I would appreciate some feedback. What is incomprehensible, what can't be found, where do you need more information... This will help me immensely for the planning of the video.
Once the first schedule is created, I am convinced that the operation of the Schedule Creator will be very easy for you.

Even though I hope so, I'm afraid that I haven't found all the bugs. It would be great if you could report back any bug, any inconsistency, anything that seems wrong or strange.

After i got your initial feedback and the help video is online, I'll revise the starting post of this thread and fill it with some useful information.
Until then, have fun trying it out and thank you in advance for your feedback. Even the smallest bit of information helps!

The only thing so far that I can't figure out with it is how to import the schedule from FlightAware and save it to the file. Do you have to go in manually and add each flight or just copy and paste from their site? I don't see a way to save it because it looks like convert text drops the flights. Maybe I am missing something obvious? I copied the 5 am hour from FlightAware site but I can't figure out how to save it.

• Thanks 1

@calwxmanThis will definitely be covered in the help video!

Apart from that, there is a bug that prevents hourly snippets from being created and there is a possibility that not all flights are included in the download.
Actually, the bug was already fixed, but is now back.
I'll take a close look at this tomorrow.

• Like 1

@MJKERR I'll cover all of it in the video, thanks.

3 hours ago, MJKERR said:

Airplane 320 was unknown

The Schedule Creator expects an ICAO code (A320 in this case) for the aircraft model. If you want to use the IATA code (320), which makes sense in some cases, put an asterisk in front of it. *320

3 hours ago, MJKERR said:

I then wanted to add TAP to Terminal 4B and remove TAP from Terminal 2A
However I could not find a method to delete it

After clicking on "save allocation" you can make manual changes to the terminal file, remove ",TAP" and then save again.

• Like 1

Update v0.9c

• Compile section bug fix
  • Issue solved where no or not all flights were included in the downloaded schedule if no GA and/or local flights were used.

Planned for end of the month is the help video and an option to delete the terminal file, which is not really a file at that point in time, but I'm calling it such.

Schedule Creator Website

cp15.pngcp15.pngcp15.pngcp15.pngcp15.pngcp15.pngclear16.png

SAVE - DAY 1 - HOUR 5

NOTE: Always SAVE your progress first before clicking on any button other than ADD ARRIVAL or ADD DEPARTURE.
ARRIVALS: The arrival time is typically between 7 and 8.5 minutes earlier compared to the landing time in real life schedules.
DEPARTURES: For your schedule to be processed by the game without errors, at least one departure per used hour is required.
FLIGHT NUMBER: The 3-letter ICAO format provides better results, as the games' double-digit IATA codes more likely differ from the real world.

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

@EliGrim- curious, although no personal data is captured why must one create an account for this tool?

As @Braf123456 said, the schedule is saved because if you want to fill a whole week with flight data, for example, you probably won't do it in one session.
Another way would be to generate a unique link to the schedule, but that would mean that if you lose the link, you would also lose your schedule.
The user could also simply enter a name or any other string that would then be linked to the schedule but this would mean that if someone else accidentally or intentionally uses the same string, he or she would have full access to someone else's work.
I have found the combination of username and password to make the most sense.

1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

No airports information could be derived from your schedule data.

This means that no known airline ICAO or IATA code was found in any hour of your schedule. Perhaps you are trying to create (compile) a schedule that does not contain any flights.
Based on your last post, if this is what you see if you are in an hour of the schedule section, there may be a problem with the processing of the javascript that handles the dynamic insertion and removal of the text fields to enter flight data.
What browser are you using and is JavaScript enabled?
(Something that I will definitely mention in the help video is that the website was created for the current versions of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers and was tested exclusively in those.)

3 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

As @Braf123456 said, the schedule is saved because if you want to fill a whole week with flight data, for example, you probably won't do it in one session.
Another way would be to generate a unique link to the schedule, but that would mean that if you lose the link, you would also lose your schedule.
The user could also simply enter a name or any other string that would then be linked to the schedule but this would mean that if someone else accidentally or intentionally uses the same string, he or she would have full access to someone else's work.

This means that no known airline ICAO or IATA code was found in any hour of your schedule. Perhaps you are trying to create (compile) a schedule that does not contain any flights.
Based on your last post, if this is what you see if you are in an hour of the schedule section, there may be a problem with the processing of the javascript that handles the dynamic insertion and removal of the text fields to enter flight data.
(Something that I will definitely mention in the help video is that the website was created for the current versions of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers and was tested exclusively in those.)

google chrome

4 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

ICAO/IATA - IATA - ICAO it wont let me type inn anything 

6 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

google chrome

Then there should not really be a problem. Maybe something went wrong when creating the project. Can you try to create a new project via START NEW PROJECT (overwrites all previous data) and see if you can then add text fields via the ADD ARRIVAL and ADD DEPARTURE buttons and remove them via the red or blue X (depending on the saving status) without the X remaining?

4 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

ICAO/IATA - IATA - ICAO it wont let me type inn anything

Nothing should be entered in this (the last) field. It only serves as a hint which type the preceding fields expect as input. If you click on e.g. ADD ARRIVAL, it should look like this:
scaa09c.jpg.10349754723dc4c36cab291a6e0e0993.jpg

3 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

Then there should not really be a problem. Maybe something went wrong when creating the project. Can you try to create a new project via START NEW PROJECT (overwrites all previous data) and see if you can then add text fields via the ADD ARRIVAL and ADD DEPARTURE buttons and remove them via the red or blue X (depending on the saving status) without the X remaining?

Nothing should be entered in this (the last) field. It only serves as a hint which type the preceding fields expect as input. If you click on e.g. ADD ARRIVAL, it should look like this:
scaa09c.jpg.10349754723dc4c36cab291a6e0e0993.jpg

with the minutes i just put in like 21 or the actual time 

2 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Update v0.9d

• Compile section bug fix
  • Fixed an issue where the loading of the schedule stopped at 54%. (Airport to be played was not included in the airports file.)

I will record the help video tomorrow and it should be displayed on the website the day after.

Schedule Creator Website

Thank you for all the hard work that went into this project. Used it over the weekend to make three schedules and they all run without a problem. Again THANK YOU.

Charles

• Like 1

I might be missing a step here. When I add the flights from 5 am today at Boston I hit convert copied text and it drops the flights. Is there another step I am suppose to do instead of the convert? This will be awesome to create a custom schedule (once I figure it out)!

5am_Monday_drop.thumb.PNG.229f73fd636824920decf87c93d6db42.PNG5am_Monday.thumb.PNG.9592507d8bcf98a3b15d2b3ced27e1c3.PNG

2 hours ago, calwxman said:

I might be missing a step here. When I add the flights from 5 am today at Boston I hit convert copied text and it drops the flights. Is there another step I am suppose to do instead of the convert? This will be awesome to create a custom schedule (once I figure it out)!

I could be totally wrong here, but I have a suspicion that the issue could be due to your FlightAware account type. Tail numbers, which I see included in your data, are only available with an Enterprise account ($89.95 USD/month or free to those that provide ADS-B data). I would guess @EliGrim doesn't have this account type and is not expecting this extra column of data. As a result, your data format could possibly be throwing things off.