The simFlight Network Forums

AI Traffic Tables - Almost Working

Dave March

Hi John,

Just been checking the AI Traffic tables and notice the 'From/To' data is now being populated correctly but the 'State' element is not. When I first raised this last November I know you said you reported it on Zendesk so Asobo may well think this has now been addressed fully. I'm more than happy to report this but thought you might wish to follow it up.

Dave

1 minute ago, Dave March said:

Just been checking the AI Traffic tables and notice the 'From/To' data is now being populated correctly but the 'State' element is not. When I first raised this last November I know you said you reported it on Zendesk so Asobo may well think this has now been addressed fully. I'm more than happy to report this but thought you might wish to follow it up.

I'll take a look and follow up when I get a chance.

Thanks for letting me know,

John

• 1 month later...

Just took a look and yes, it looks like the state still isn't being populated correctly. It shows 'Enroute' for all airborne traffic and is empty for all ground traffic.
I'm going to check the code, but this looks to still be an issue with the data received, so if this is the case I will raise again with Asobo.

John

56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Just took a look and yes, it looks like the state still isn't being populated correctly. It shows 'Enroute' for all airborne traffic and is empty for all ground traffic.
I'm going to check the code, but this looks to still be an issue with the data received, so if this is the case I will raise again with Asobo.

Ok, this looks to be an issue with FSUIPC7, not Asobo. FSUIPC7 is receiving the AI state strings, it is just that these have now changed and so are not being recognised by FSUIPC7. I am looking into it and will update. I will let you know when fixed.

This has been corrected in the attached version, v7.1.1a. There are couple of new states that I have had to map to existing states:
    STATE_TAXI_FOR_TAKEOFF mapped to STATE_TAXI_HOLDSHORT (was taxi-out)
    STATE_TAXI_TO_REFUEL mapped to STATE_PRE_TAXI_FOR_TAKEOFF (was pre taxi out)
    STATE_WAIT_FOR_ENGINE_SHUTDOWN mapped to STATE_ENGINE_SHUTDOWN (was shutdown)
    STATE_WAIT_INIT_CONFIRM mapped to STATE_WAIT_FOR_ENGINE_START

FSUIPC7.exe

Edited by John Dowson
Attachment updated to include missing AI state STATE_WAIT_INIT_CONFIRM

Hi John

Thanks for the update. The minimal testing I've done so far looks good. Unfortunately I never seem to experience a lot of live AI traffic at the best of times. I'll obviously keep running with it and let you know if there are any issues.

29 minutes ago, Dave March said:

I'm using Live traffic, there are no settings other than on/off... at least I think that's correct... I can't use offline AI because it cause CTD's every time,

Ah, ok. I haven't used live traffic in quite a while. I've heard about the CTD issue with AI traffic but not experienced it. May be worth trying AI traffic in the latest MSFS version to see if this issue has been fixed, or check the Asobo forums to see the status or availability of any work arounds (e.g. replacement BGLs).