The simFlight Network Forums

Scan COM ports for connections?

Quick question: With the possibilities of FSUIPC and lua only, how could I get a list of devices that have an active com port? It basically would be the list delivered by HidScanner.exe with the addition of a com port number for devices where it is available.

Thank you,

Karl

18 minutes ago, kaha said:

Quick question: With the possibilities of FSUIPC and lua only, how could I get a list of devices that have an active com port? It basically would be the list delivered by HidScanner.exe with the addition of a com port number for devices where it is available.

Thank you,

Karl

For COM devices, or USB devices which are not classed as HID by Windows, you need to refer to the Windows Device Manager.

Pete

My question aimed at finding a possiblity within lua to clearly identify the Arduinos I have connected to my rig, they are not HIDs. I use Teensy 3.2, 3.5, 2.6, 4.0 and 4.1. Anyway, I stick to what I have. I wanted to be able to identify the Arduinos automatically regardless on which port they connect. The main criteria I use for recognition is the baudrate of 115200 that I use for all my connected Teensys.

Anyone wants to share how he handles this?  Here is my code (Identify_Arduinos.lua), but it's surely far from being an ideal solution. I'm more a C/C++ coder, not a lua coder. Also my string tweaks (String_Tweak.lua) are needed to run it.

Karl

String_Tweak.lua Identify_Arduinos.lua