The simFlight Network Forums

Joy ID duplicated?

WARNING=This joystick was ID 1, but was duplicated: review and fix assignments, reload settings

I had 2 Logitech Throttle Quadrants. I now have 1.

FSUIPC will not let anything be Joy ID 1

My [joynames] section starts at id 0, then 2,3,4

Why?

16 hours ago, B77X said:

I had 2 Logitech Throttle Quadrants. I now have 1.

When you removed one did you uninstall it properly in Device Manager? If not, the registry entries for it are probably still there, with the ID of 1. This doesn't matter really, as John says, unless of course you attach more that 15 joystick devices in which case you'd need that wasted ID.

Pete

On 3/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, John Dowson said:

The joy ids used are assigned by windows and taken from the registry. They do not need to be consecutive.

Do you actually have an issue? 

I sometimes lose a USB device during a flight, I hear the beep beep of windows losing and seeing a usb device again but my yoke or rudder pedals stop working. Unplugging the powered usb hub and back I get everything back except rudder pedals. So I wondered if this was causing a problem?

1 hour ago, B77X said:

I sometimes lose a USB device during a flight, I hear the beep beep of windows losing and seeing a usb device again but my yoke or rudder pedals stop working. Unplugging the powered usb hub and back I get everything back except rudder pedals. So I wondered if this was causing a problem?

No, this won't cause any issues. Your issue sounds like power management is enabled on your hubs, and windows is putting your devices to sleep. Check and disable power management on all your USB hubs/devices.

On 4/1/2021 at 3:45 AM, John Dowson said:

No, this won't cause any issues. Your issue sounds like power management is enabled on your hubs, and windows is putting your devices to sleep. Check and disable power management on all your USB hubs/devices.

Power management is "High Performance" and nothing sleeps

14 hours ago, B77X said:

Power management is "High Performance" and nothing sleeps

"High Performance" power management is different from USB power management, but as long as "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked" then this won't be the issue.

Does your hub supply enough power to the connected devices? Also check if its USB 2 or 3 and matches the USB protocol of your devices - sometimes USB2 devices can be problematic  on USB3 for some reason. Maybe also try your rudder on a separate USB hub if possible.