The simFlight Network Forums

ZBAD Release Thoughts?

ashman99

Apparently ZBAD has been released on FT going for half the price of a normal newly priced airport. Which actually initially made me feel a little skeptical about the airport. It honestly wasn’t on my radar to purchase but now more curious if FT feels like it might not perform as well as other “Hotter” airports did for the decrease in price. From the video and pics it’s looks really nice but I think I might hold off on this one until I hear feed back from others. Normally, once an airport comes out, seems like there’s always a hype on feed; looks like this one I was the first post. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, ashman99 said:

going for half the price of a normal newly priced airport

Are you sure this is intentional?

1 hour ago, ashman99 said:

Thoughts?

I don't buy airports anymore so I can't say much about it, except that testing it before RT is updated won't be very enlightening. You may have to be patient a bit longer before you get feedback from a real buyer.

6 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Are you sure this is intentional?

I don't buy airports anymore so I can't say much about it, except that testing it before RT is updated won't be very enlightening. You may have to be patient a bit longer before you get feedback from a real buyer.

I don’t know if it’s intentional or not, it was just something noted and was surprised by.

I've also tried to download RT multiple ways, both following the link and manually from the webform, and from all three servers. In every case I end up with v27. I'm starting to wonder if there is a "newer" product ID that gives v28, and a different one that only downloads v27.

I got back a reply from Feel there where I purchased it. They advised to uninstall RT and reinstall. Followed by installing real color for ZBAD. I noticed that RT V28 is now available. My airport is now working fine.

1 hour ago, rmcglew said:

My airport is now working fine.

Are the screenshots from FeelThere's site accurate? I saw these same pictures when they were posted in the coming soon section and assumed these were from something that was a work in progress. The airport structures look real cartoony to me and the light blue concrete areas remind me of a blue print. And, of course, the area surrounding the airport is lacking. Maybe this explains the low price. Sure seems to be a questionable effort for, what appears to be in real life, a spectacular iconic terminal (i.e., "starfish"). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

The airport structures look real cartoony to me

Thank you for voicing what I was thinking! When I saw the video and the screenshots, so much seemed to be off balance somehow, but I couldn't pinpoint what it was.

Also, when I take this video as a reference, the terminal building seems out of proportion, especially regarding the height... (The terminal can be seen from the 21:00 mark.) It is barely higher than the vertical stabilizer of the Japan Airlines Dreamliner, but it seems twice as high in the screenshots.

15 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Try clearing your internet browser's cache.

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work for me, not sure why, but it did give me the idea to copy the link and paste it into another browser, which did work for me.