The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3D Pro: Any custom KPHX schedules that stay true to RC?

koohead

thanks...may give that a shot.  I don't really care if it is realistic, but want a reasonably realistic distribution of airlines...so I don't want 50 Jet Blue flights a day compared to only 50 AA flights a day.  I see you have an option for even or realistic distribution...is realistic based on the Real Traffic data I'm assuming?

2 hours ago, koohead said:

is realistic based on the Real Traffic data I'm assuming?

I have found the Real Traffic Data is a compromise
It appears to take the actual data for a specific date and then removes or amends flights that cannot be included in the simulation due to overlap, rare operations, dropped, no free terminal
As an example in EGLL all the Pisa flights have been removed as there are not enough stands at Terminal 3

Ironically for EGLL with some flights only operating on specific dates this results in an imbalance, where there is only the incoming or outgoing flight, which results in stand blocking

2 hours ago, koohead said:

is realistic based on the Real Traffic data I'm assuming?

As for the Schedule Builder, a large number of schedules/days/weeks were analyzed for each airport to obtain an average value for the occurrence of the different airlines. These values were applied to the airlines for which there are liveries in the respective RC pack for the airport. Based on that, the airlines were divided into 5 categories and re-evaluated on a percentage basis for each airport.
What this means for the distribution of the airlines can be seen here, e.g. for KPHX: https://builder.eligrim.de/details.php?apd=kphx

49 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

As for the Schedule Builder, a large number of schedules/days/weeks were analyzed for each airport to obtain an average value for the occurrence of the different airlines. These values were applied to the airlines for which there are liveries in the respective RC pack for the airport. Based on that, the airlines were divided into 5 categories and re-evaluated on a percentage basis for each airport.
What this means for the distribution of the airlines can be seen here, e.g. for KPHX: https://builder.eligrim.de/details.php?apd=kphx

That's awesome. Thank you for those details.  last question...if I wanted to just have 1 schedule file covering 24 hours, I could just create 6 files in 4 hour increments and cut/paste them together right? 

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

Wow!  I didn't know you had this type of data available.  I can now for sure understand why you put a stop to developing more Schedule Builder airports.  You also just answered my request in @koohead's other KPHX post for which airlines were located in PHX Terminal 3's north and south terminals.   Thank you.

I now plan to use your underlying assets to check the terminal assignments for my other six airports (all are Schedule Builder airports).

Again thank you for all the work you are putting in to make T!3DP a more realistic and enjoyable game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, koohead said:

if I wanted to just have 1 schedule file covering 24 hours, I could just create 6 files in 4 hour increments and cut/paste them together right?

This is not really what the Schedule Builder is for, but yes, theoretically it is possible. I wouldn't recommend it, though, because it would involve independent blocks and you'd probably quickly run into a problem with cluttered terminals.

• koohead changed the title to Tower3D Pro: Any custom KPHX schedules that stay true to RC?