The simFlight Network Forums

Update question

sags

Yes, it's rather a shame it's all gone very quiet lately.

5 hours ago, sags said:

take-off trim settings (especially the E195) to mention one. Are these going to be released sometime soon?

I use the E195 exclusively and have spent a lot of time playing with config settings for a better rotation. The two issues for me were the reluctance to unstick at Vr, requiring too much positive trim to achieve rotation, followed by excess pitch up once airborne as result of higher trim setting.

Recently I tried a different approach, looking at the contact points. I reasoned that moving the contact points for the mainwheels forward might help.    Bingo!      

In the aircraft config the standard settings are    point.1    = 1,  -9.0,  -9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0, etc.
                                                                                 point.2    = 1,  -9.0,   9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0,etc.

My modified settings are     point.1    = 1,  -7.0,  -9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0, etc.
                                               point.2    = 1,  -7.0,   9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0, etc.

This change has no effect on visual appearance.  It simply makes the aircraft more willing to rotate at more realistic (lower) trim settings. Where previously it required up to  +5.0, I was able to reduce takeoff trim to +2.0  with a smoother rotation and better transition to climbout.  I have not found any adverse effects from this change.  Usual disclaimer - make a backup of config before editing.

Once off the ground the contact points have no effect on flight dynamics, but the lower trim setting avoids the excessive nose up pitch change after lift off. Landing characteristics are unchanged, but it seems to have a slight benefit of allowing the nosewheel to be lowered more slowly. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the trim, the too lagging A/T(instead the overreaction one in SP1) are 2 main issue I have and waited too long for a fix (Actually the Fuel Flow as well,  but I just edited it.)

And I've tested their fix for asymmetry wingflex, but seems they aren't on hurry to push that out also...

9 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

Recently I tried a different approach, looking at the contact points. I reasoned that moving the contact points for the mainwheels forward might help.    Bingo!      

In the aircraft config the standard settings are    point.1    = 1,  -9.0,  -9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0, etc.
                                                                                 point.2    = 1,  -9.0,   9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0,etc.

My modified settings are     point.1    = 1,  -7.0,  -9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0, etc.
                                               point.2    = 1,  -7.0,   9.0,  -11.75,  2300.0, etc.

Thank you. Will try.

Regards

Trevor

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, sags said:

But when? Give us some idea.

When the update us ready and stable it will be released.  feelThere has never, in my 15+ years of working with them, made it a pattern of making hypothetical announcements about release dates.

• 2 weeks later...

I get what @scoobflight is saying. Companies by and large don't announce product dates until they are certain they will happen, which in this business usually means just before or at release time.

But it would be helpful to get confirmation that the acknowledged issues that people have reported with v3 are being worked on, and which issues (broad brush) are being tackled. There's just so much cynicism out there in the P3D community now that they are being dumped (or at least downgraded) by developers in favour of MSFS, and having no idea if products will ever get updated just fuels that cynicism. A few words of acknowledgement could fix that without committing anyone to a timeframe. Of course that won't stop people asking when, but that's just par for the course.

• Like 4

Thanks Vic.

Are u guys still working on the TO trim issue?

On 6/1/2021 at 12:48 AM, Neil Hewitt said:

But it would be helpful to get confirmation that the acknowledged issues that people have reported with v3 are being worked on, and which issues (broad brush) are being tackled.

Trevor