The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6.1.0 does not recognize Saitek Coolie in LUA scripts

Hi,

I upgraded from FSUIPC 6.0.13 to 6.1.0 (Win 10, P3D 5.1 latest HF) and suddenly my coolie on my Saitek yoke, which I use to switch camera settings via LUA code, did not work anymore. Other buttons on the yoke work normally. The buttons are also recognized, if you check them in the FSUIPC UI (button assignments). Only in LUA programs using the event.button trigger the buttons are not trapped anymore. The buttons, which are not recognized, are buttons 32 to 39.

I stepped back to 6.0.13 and everything was working again. Upgrading to 6.1.0 and functionality is broken. So I reverted back to 6.0.13 at the moment. The strange thing is, that this only happens in LUA programs. And it's independent from the plane I am using.

I checked the FSUIPC6.log file and both detected my hardware completely identically.No errors are shown.

Maybe you could check this.

Rgds
Reinhard

FSUIPC6_1_0.logFSUIPC6_0_13.log

10 hours ago, aua668 said:

I upgraded from FSUIPC 6.0.13 to 6.1.0 (Win 10, P3D 5.1 latest HF) and suddenly my coolie on my Saitek yoke, which I use to switch camera settings via LUA code, did not work anymore. Other buttons on the yoke work normally. The buttons are also recognized, if you check them in the FSUIPC UI (button assignments). Only in LUA programs using the event.button trigger the buttons are not trapped anymore. The buttons, which are not recognized, are buttons 32 to 39.

The 6.1.0 release has support for up to 128 buttons. Buttons 32-39 are reserved for the POV buttons.
To revert to previous behavior in 6.1.0, you can set the following parameter in the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini:
    EnableExtraButtons=No
You could try this. However, event.button should certainly still work for the POV buttons 32-29. I will look into why this is no longer working.
Another  option to try (while I look into this) would be to switch to using event.offsetmask using the extended button flag area at offsets  0x7F00 - 0x7FFF.

John

Hi,

Thanks for checking my problem.

I did a quick test with EnableExtraButtons=No . It does not change the behavior. The POV buttons are recognized in the button assignment tab of the FSUIPC UI but not within LUA using the event.button trigger.

So as I could stay on 6.0.13, there is no problem for me, until you find the reason. Following the thread about the beta pre-release of the 6.1.0 version, there are a lot of references, that some adjustments in the code have been made for the POV buttons. Maybe the LUA part also has to be adopted accordingly.

Rgds
Reinhard

Dear John,

It works perfectly again. Thanks for fixing this so quick!
I did run it with EnableExtraButtons=Yes and it's working again from LUA with the event.button triggers.

Best regards
Reinhard