The simFlight Network Forums

Problem trying to download EGLL Service Pack

YABBADABBADO

Hello---Today, April 30, I received the Feel There "Up To Date" newsletter, which announces the EGLL service pack.  I clicked on the announcement which took me to the Feel There EGLL website but has no other link or guidance on how to download the service pack. 

When I purchased EGLL in December 2020, for some unknown reason it came from something called "FastSpring" as a partner of FeelThere.  I have no idea why the EGLL purchase was not via BMT Micro, as I own every other airport except for ZBAD, and they all came from BMT Micro.  In my FastSpring email receipt, I have the product key but there is no link to download EGLL, as there is in every other airport receipt from BMT Micro.

Something is not right here.  Welcome any possible advice.  Thank you   

8 minutes ago, cjprjpdaddy said:

for some unknown reason it came from something called "FastSpring" as a partner of FeelThere

FeelThere processes sales through FastSpring for some time now.

10 minutes ago, cjprjpdaddy said:

In my FastSpring email receipt, I have the product key but there is no link to download EGLL, as there is in every other airport receipt from BMT Micro.

If it is a download product and not just a key (for Steam, for example), then the download should be possible. Try to visit the following page:
https://feelthere.onfastspring.com/account
(At least this is the typical way I know from FastSpring. Whether it is the same with purchases from FeelThere, I can't say.)
If that doesn't help, I recommend contacting FeelThere directly, since as far as I know FastSpring doesn't offer end-user support like BMT Micro does.
https://feelthere.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Alternatively, you can of course wait for an answer from FeelThere here.

Same thing here cjprjpdaddy. All of my buys have been from BMT except the last two airports. When you click on the link in the Feelthere email which says you can download the update all it does is send you to the page on feel there where you can buy it again and NOT for you to download the update as it says. You are also correct that when you go to fast spring (which sucks by the way took me over 45 minutes to download my last airport and real color files from them) you can not get anything except your install code. There are NO LINKS to download the versions you already own or any updates to those versions. Feel There has some explaining to do or refunds to give.

Thanks to EliGrim and MickeyTKSFO for their thoughts.  Per Eli's suggestion, I tried the "account management" download retrieval but nothing works.  Neither my receipt nor anything else I can find. 

Mickey, thanks for confirming what I found.  Fully agree with your assessment, it is the same for me.  Checking my records, I purchased KIAD on November 19 and it was from BMT.  When I purchased EGLL on December 20, it had switched to FastSpring and that was that.

As it stands now, I don't see any way to download EGLL again, much less update it.  FeelThere needs to step up.  Thanks.  

Same here
Received the eMail, directed to the main EGLL purchase item at Feel There

Attempted the original provided download link from FastSpring, but this returns a error
Below the Fastpring download are details to access My Account
However, that does not recognise my eMail address

Same here, off to the Feel There Support ticket system

Dear Folks,

We just realised this issue with FastSpring and working on a solution. In the meantime we manually reset all links if you contact us at feelthere.zendesk.com
I apologise, it was unexpected and we are as baffled as you are. Please be assured everyone who purchased the product will get the link. It effects feel there.com customers only, whoever bought it on atcsuite.com should be fine.

Thank you and sorry

Vic

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

We just realised this issue with FastSpring and working on a solution. In the meantime we manually reset all links if you contact us at feelthere.zendesk.com
I apologise, it was unexpected and we are as baffled as you are. Please be assured everyone who purchased the product will get the link. It effects feel there.com customers only, whoever bought it on atcsuite.com should be fine.

Thank you and sorry

Vic

I got my link renewed but it's still only downloading the original file not the SP.

Charles Walters

14 minutes ago, MJKERR said:

I just noticed that on the download
Equally, the link expires after 7 days
Does steam expire?
I have looked at the Terms and Conditions, no mention of the link expiring or having to be used within a set time

I have just tested my download purchased from BMT Micro and that still works (two years after purchase)
It would be even worse if you lost the original purchase email!

I asked why the link expired in an email and their answer was that in the next 7 days they hoped to have the downloads problem fixed so it would be like normal. Made since to me. 

Charles

Dear Folks,

As I stated earlier we have some technical issues. No we are NOT asking additional money for extended download (this is a standard FastSpring feature that we were unaware until now and NO we are not supporting it as we don't feel it right either) and giving you a 7 day access is a temporary solution as we are manually helping you on zendesk. The file you received includes the SP it just had the old file name. Folks, I understand and appreciate your frustration, but as I stated earlier we are working on a solution. It happens. It's not false advertising, etc. It's a technical issue that we are working on already. 

I think I was transparent enough to let you know it was a surprise for us too so we will have to re-write our file handling on our website. Likely it will take 10-14 days (it's hopefully a worse case scenario) to make it fully ready. It ONLY effect re-downloads from FastSpring anything else (new purchases, old purchases from BMT) are unaffected. While we work on the permanent solution and you can't get your product re-downloaded please contact feelthere.zendesk.com and we will manually fix it for you within 24 hours (giving you temporary access until we offer you the permanent solution).

I appreciate your patience and understanding. Folks, to keep this topic clean further posts not related to tech support will be removed.

Thank you

Vic

• Sad 1

I now have a newly named file download
However, Windows 10 Professional still aborts the installation as the file is identical
It looks like it is necessary to uninstall the original and then reinstall
I was not aware of this
I have now run out of time, so will need to come back to this later

1 hour ago, MJKERR said:

I now have a newly named file download
However, Windows 10 Professional still aborts the installation as the file is identical
It looks like it is necessary to uninstall the original and then reinstall
I was not aware of this
I have now run out of time, so will need to come back to this later

Just got an email from FeelThere support and they have renamed the file as stated. If you are using MS Edge, it does try and stop the download but you do have the option to tell it to download and keep it "anyway." It will do the same thing when you try and install and again, you simply have to tell it to install anyway. Once FeelThere has the FastSpring thing fixed all will be well so stop panicking, they are working on it, and they are not charging extra for it. 🙂

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, MickeyTKSFO said:

If you are using MS Edge, it does try and stop the download but you do have the option to tell it to download and keep it "anyway." It will do the same thing when you try and install and again, you simply have to tell it to install anyway

I had no issues downloading the file
The issue was installation
Windows 10 Professional was recognising it as a program already installed
I had assumed it was similar to a Windows Update where you simply run the program and then you end up with the main program and the update
I then gave Windows 10 permission to overwrite, but it made no difference
My next attempt will be to uninstall the original program and then reinstall

5 hours ago, champs8507 said:

Just wondering if anyone has also had the same issue with the Steam purchased EGLL?

This is unlikely. Depending on the settings, Steam updates software automatically or notifies in the downloads section and updates can then be installed with a single mouse click. Of course, this assumes that the developer provides updates correctly.