The simFlight Network Forums

Generic issue with a joystick, want to test whether FSUIPC can help me

Redjef

Hi, 

I am playing with MS2020 for a few months, using a Logitech X52 Pro. I have two problems today, and perhaps FSUIPC can help me.

One of my problems is that when on the ground, I am always obliged to tune my rudder else my plane does not roll straight. It makes it hard also to take off, or when landing it may be a bit tough because of this issue. 

The second one is rather annoying. When I am flying, if my joystick is maintained fully neutral, my plane slowly start to turn right, as if my joystick was not neutral and I was applying a right on it.

Note that I have tried to set the dead zones in FS2020, without improvement. 

Note also that while I was playing I checked with a small software the data sent by my Joystick, and this data was not changing but still my plane was going right (ans on the ground, the plane also changed directions, without any action on my part).

I read a number of nice things regarding FSUIPC. I would be glad to get a license, but of course I would like to be sure it solves my problems. 

If anyone has an idea regarding my problem, whether I am doing something wrong in FS2020, please let me know.

Else : do you think that FSUIPC can solve my problems, with specific settings on the different axis ? If yes, is there a possibility to get a time limited license so I can test whether I can make it work properly ? 

I thank you in advance for your answer.

JF

2 minutes ago, Redjef said:

Else : do you think that FSUIPC can solve my problems, with specific settings on the different axis ? If yes, is there a possibility to get a time limited license so I can test whether I can make it work properly ? 

There is a time-limited license valid until 5th May that you can use here: 

3 minutes ago, Redjef said:

One of my problems is that when on the ground, I am always obliged to tune my rudder else my plane does not roll straight.

This is normal in prop planes - see https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aerodynamics/why-you-need-right-rudder-on-takeoff-to-stay-on-the-centerline/.

5 minutes ago, Redjef said:

The second one is rather annoying. When I am flying, if my joystick is maintained fully neutral, my plane slowly start to turn right, as if my joystick was not neutral and I was applying a right on it.

You could try logging axis events to see if any controls are being sent to the sim. You can also try assigning your ailerons in FSUIPC (direct to calibration) and calibrate there with a decent null zone.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

There is a time-limited license valid until 5th May that you can use here: 

This is normal in prop planes - see https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aerodynamics/why-you-need-right-rudder-on-takeoff-to-stay-on-the-centerline/.

You could try logging axis events to see if any controls are being sent to the sim. You can also try assigning your ailerons in FSUIPC (direct to calibration) and calibrate there with a decent null zone.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I know about the effect on prop planes when rolling on the ground, but however, this houdl not have suc an effect at slow sppeds, under 20mph, wehn taxiing ? or am I wrong. 

THank you for your limited license, I will test that The most annoying problem being the change of direction in flight.

Thank you for your help, I will tell you whether I found something.