The simFlight Network Forums

Trim settings

Hello,
I have a problem with the trim in P3D V4.5.
When adjusting it with my Joystick (Logitech), the trim elevator is not constant. It moves very little, then quickly.
This appears with all airplanes.

Is there a solution?
Thank you for your help!

16 hours ago, bravodeltafr said:

I have a problem with the trim in P3D V4.5.
When adjusting it with my Joystick (Logitech), the trim elevator is not constant. It moves very little, then quickly.
This appears with all airplanes.

How is your trim assigned? If its on an axis, check the calibration and your calibration slope setting, and adjust as needed.
You can also activate logging for axes controls (if assigned to an axis) or to events, if using inc/dec controls, to see what is being sent to the FS - best to do this with the console open so you can see what is happening in rea-time.

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

How is your trim assigned? If its on an axis, check the calibration and your calibration slope setting, and adjust as needed.
You can also activate logging for axes controls (if assigned to an axis) or to events, if using inc/dec controls, to see what is being sent to the FS - best to do this with the console open so you can see what is happening in rea-time.

Thanks for your response.

I use a logitech extreme 3D Pro, assigned as button 4 and 6, and repeat.

I also can trim with the keypad Origin and End.

The problem is the same with the joystick or with the keyboard.

I don't know how to modify the slope of buttons 4 and 6.

Is it possible with FSIUPC ?

1 hour ago, bravodeltafr said:

I use a logitech extreme 3D Pro, assigned as button 4 and 6, and repeat.

I also can trim with the keypad Origin and End.

The problem is the same with the joystick or with the keyboard.

I don't know how to modify the slope of buttons 4 and 6.

Is it possible with FSIUPC ?

Slopes are for axes controls, not increment/decrement controls. If using inc/dec controls, it usually better not to use repeat, so you could try that.
Otherwise, please activate logging for Events in FSUIPC. Then produce a log file showing your issue, i.e. load an aircraft and activate the trim showing your issue, then quit P3D and show me you FSUIPC log and ini files.
Also check that you have controllers turned off in P3D, or if activated, make sure that you do not have trim controls assigned there as well.