The simFlight Network Forums

Honeycomb Bravo gear and flap switch problem - P3Dv5

Hi fellas,

Using the latest full release of FSUIPC6, trying to map the landing gear and flap up/down switch on my Bravo (with the Alabeo Seminole). I set them both and they work just fine, save for the fact that in addition to moving the gear up and down, the landing gear switch simultaneously operates the right magneto on both the left and right engines and the flap switch turns the PFD and MFD of the G600 on and off. Up turns them both off, down turns them back on. I have the throttle, yoke, and rudder pedals all disabled in the sim.

So to be clear, when I put the gear leaver up, the gear goes up... and both right magnetos turn off. And when I put the gear back down the magnetos come back on. With the flaps, push the lever down, the flaps go down one notch, and the PFD/MFD turns off. Push the flap lever up, the flaps retract a notch, and the PFD/MFD turn back on. 

Everything is set up through FSUIPC. Even though all of the controls are disabled in the sim settings, I checked anyway to see if there was a setting in the sim for magnetos on the Bravo, there is none. And it doesn't make sense to me how it could possibly be set within FSUIPC to do two things at once. 

I have FSUIPC7 set up for MSFS, but it's obviously not running at the same time, nor is the gear switch or flap switch set to do anything in that other than perform their normal functions. And MSFS works just fine. So I don't think it can be some kind of weird conflict there. 

Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, master_yan said:

Everything is set up through FSUIPC. Even though all of the controls are disabled in the sim settings, I checked anyway to see if there was a setting in the sim for magnetos on the Bravo, there is none. And it doesn't make sense to me how it could possibly be set within FSUIPC to do two things at once. 

You'll need to show us your settings (the FSUIPC6.INI file), and an FSUIPC6.log with both Event and Button logging enabled and you briefly operating those switches.

This sort of thing is nearly always due to multiple assignments, usually controllers not disabled in P3D, or another joystick driver package also installed.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You'll need to show us your settings (the FSUIPC6.INI file), and an FSUIPC6.log with both Event and Button logging enabled and you briefly operating those switches.

This sort of thing is nearly always due to multiple assignments, usually controllers not disabled in P3D, or another joystick driver package also installed.

Pete

I'll post those shortly. Could it be vJoy? That is installed, and to be honest I can't even remember why. It was installed for P3Dv4 a long time ago and is just "still there". 

Edit: just remembered, I used vJoy to set up Realtrim in PD3. So in any event that can be removed, although I tend to doubt that it's the problem. 

5 hours ago, master_yan said:

I'll post those shortly. Could it be vJoy? That is installed, and to be honest I can't even remember why. It was installed for P3Dv4 a long time ago and is just "still there". 

vJoy won't do anything by itself unless you have also assigned to the virtual buttons its using....show us you .ini and .log, with the advised logging activated, which should hopefully show what is happening.

Tried a few other things. Pete mentioned it is sometimes caused by another joystick driver package. I had Saitek throttle and yoke installed, which I don't use anymore. Uninstalled those. Then restarted the computer, didn't make a difference. Also tried assigning the master battery and master alternators to the Alpha in hopes it would unassign them from the gear and flap levers on the Bravo. No dice.

Here is the updated ini and log after uninstalling the Saitek drivers and assigning the alternator and batteries.

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

8 hours ago, master_yan said:

Here is the updated ini and log

So far neither of the Logs have ben complete. You've been starting a "New Log", which means we don't get all the very important information at the start, logged by FSUIPC before your session begins fully.  I suspect that will show that you still have controllers enabled in P3D.  Look to see if you have a line like this:

21031 Controllers are set to OFF

If not then controllers are still enabled in P3D.

You have two strange meaningless lines in your Twin Piper profile for Button assignments:

6=U3,15,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-
7=U3,14,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-

Delete those as, although they should do nothing, they are a little worrying.

The aircraft itself seems to be doing some strange things without buttons being involved in any case:  in the first log you provided there were many AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_OFF controls occurring -- for no apparent reason -- whilst in the second log this had changed to TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY. Very strange that they occur and even stranger that they changed between sessions.

I'm starting to suspect that the aircraft installation is corrupted, so, as well as double-checking that controllers are in fact disabled in P3D, please try your existing Twin Piper assignments on a different (default) P3D aircraft. You can temporarily add any other to the Twin Piper profile (you can always delete its entry in the [Profile.Twin Piper] section after the test. It doesn't matter if it has the wrong number of engines -- it isn't a flight test but just a test to see what events are generated when you operate those switches.

Pete

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Both of your logs attached are continuation logs. I need to see the full log, not a partial one. Could you please provide a full log. Also, please close down P3D/FSUIPC before you attach the log.

Here are both again, with the full log. I deleted the two meaningless assignments, which were probably from me trying to set the sim to do nothing when releasing the flap up lever and the flap down lever, which didn't make any difference and I subsequently deleted. That's probably what that was.

Thanks again!

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Are you running any Honeycomb Bravo software (e.g. Configurator tool)  by any chance? 

Nope, nada, at least not to my knowledge. There are menu options for it in the Addons dropdown in P3D, but I've never opened nor configured either. Perhaps I should open and look at those.

And I set the pofile to the F22, and the same happens. In fact a lot more of it. I'm fairly certain my strobes are on...

And this Bravo works flawlessly in MSFS, so I don't believe it's the unit.

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Are you running any Honeycomb Bravo software (e.g. Configurator tool)  by any chance? 

The dropdown says Honeycomb -> AFC Yoke - Reload button bindings and a toggle to either show or hide button bindings.

Ouch! When I originally asked about " another joystick driver package", that would have included whatever that "configurator tool" is, and that I knew nothing about. 

If that is appearing in the P3D addons menu, then it IS running, and probably has settings which need to be removed to avoid conflicts.

If you want to use FSUIPC for assignments and so on then really you'd be safer uninstalling that other joystick driver package, or certainly disable it.

Pete

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

Ouch! When I originally asked about " another joystick driver package", that would have included whatever that "configurator tool" is, and that I knew nothing about. 

If that is appearing in the P3D addons menu, then it IS running, and probably has settings which need to be removed to avoid conflicts.

If you want to use FSUIPC for assignments and so on then really you'd be safer uninstalling that other joystick driver package.

Pete

Yeah, I had no idea it was even there to be honest. Let me uncheck it and give that a shot. If not I will see about removing it entirely. Sorry, didn't know it was even there. I've never installed software for either Honeycomb.

4 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you want to use FSUIPC for assignments and so on then really you'd be safer uninstalling that other joystick driver package.

Pete

Well, disabled whatever that was and job done. Works fine. Apologies for taking your time on this, I honestly didn't that was even installed.

Many thanks again for your help and your product from a long-time user.