The simFlight Network Forums

offset 0E0E not working? A320 ND range and mode (ARC, NAV, LOC, etc)

bob barrell

3 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

i will give it up as a bad job to complicated macro's lvars etc mean nothing to me it needs to be explained from basic level step by step and where everything is and how to do it 

Well, I thought that was what I was doing...giving you basic instructions. To create a file, right-click in the folder where you want the file created (in Windows Explorer), and select New-> Text Document. Then right click the file and select Rename, and give it the name A320.mcro. Then open that file in an editor (e.g. Notepad++), and add the text I specified and save it. It really isn't that difficult.

Once you have done that, if you restart FSUIPC7, you will see the macro/lvar name in the assignments drop-down menu.

give it another go  

i have created an A320.mcro file in the root directory of fsuipc7 and the text in it you supplied but it dosnt appear in the assignments drop down tab also i iam using the arduino board to activate switches

1 hour ago, bob barrell said:

have created an A320.mcro file in the root directory of fsuipc7 and the text in it you supplied but it dosnt appear in the assignments drop down tab also i iam using the arduino board to activate switches

Check the file has the correct extension (.mcro). It will appear, near the top of the menu, listed as 'A320: L:A320_Neo_MFD_NAV_MODE Set'. If its not, the files in the wrong place ir has the wrong extension (or content).

But does FSUIPC see your arduino board switches? If not, this wont work.

If FSUIPC doesn't recognise your device as a HID joystick type device, you cannot assign directly using the UI. If its recognised as another HID type device, you could try the lua com library, but that is quite advanced. If thats the case, you maybe better off trying MobiFlight.

21 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

If that dosnt work how to I go down the lau and lvar route thanks

Before we do that, try the macro first.
However, neither route will work if your arduino switches aren't recognised by FSUIPC. That is the first thing to try. Are they?

Recognised or not, the lvar should appear in your assignments drop-down if the macro file has the correct extemsion (.mcro), is in the correct place (your FSUIPC installation folder) and has the correct content (as previously posted).

So, you need to check:
   - if your arduino buttons are recognised
   - if the lua macro you created is accessible/visible in the assignments drop down menu

I edited like you said using notepad comes up as a text directory

I don't know what this means. but it needs to be saved as a .mcro file, as I have said...if its not saving with the correct extension, change by using 'save as...' or simply rename the file (right clickin windows explorer and select Rename).

as I can make out fsuipc does not recognize arduino

Then you cannot use direct assignments. You will have to use either the lua com library or MobiFlight.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bob barrell said:

It's good news I managed to get the navigation and arc knobs working but only on the downloaded a320 flybywire plane but the Asobo 320neo still dosnt work any idea why not

Ok, glad its now working for you.

There are lots of things on the stock Asobo A320neo that aren't working (and never will). Thats why there is the FBW version. Just use that.