4B 25 25
4C 16 12
4D 8 6
E CARGO 4 4
GA 4 4
S CARGO 7 7
W CARGO 7 7

122 109

How do you know this? I guess one could run a test at KPHX with a schedule of all departures and all heavies to see how many gates are populated? But, you turned this around rather quickly.

29 minutes ago, HappyNUyear said:

PHX Terminal 2 has been closed as of February 2020 and will not reopen, all airlines moved to the newly remodeled Terminal 3. Terminal 2 is currently being demolished with completion this year (2021).

Unless KPHX gets updated (which is highly unlikely) by the developer, we pretty much have to live with version we have. The same thing goes for all the other airports as at least 75% have undergone reconstruction of one form or another before and after the developers released it.

As another possible option @HappyNUyear could also do as I suggested in a previous thread as stated below:

If you want to use Terminal 2 in the game, I suggest you use it as a private charter terminal.  Then all you have to do is build the private charter flights into you regular Phoenix airline schedules and assign them Terminal 2 in your terminal text file instead of the GA terminal.   I've been using @EliGrim's Schedule Creator and have added numerous private charter airlines into my commercial airline schedules since they were included in the FlightAware data source that I use for making my Schedule Creator schedules.  I've attached the list of the private charter airlines that I've so far added for you to use if you want.  All you have to do is add the list to the end of your airlines text file (they are already formatted therefore it should be a simple copy and paste action), add them to Terminal 2 in your terminal text file, and build them into your kphx_schedule.txt file(s).  You can choose whichever aircraft type you want to use out of your “airplanes.txt” file.  I tested it and it worked.

There are also numerous other private charter airlines included with other airport's custom schedules; however, most of them don't have an IATA designator since they are usually included in the custom schedule's GA schedule.  However, you can create a designator for it as long as there isn't another airline with that same designator already in the game.  The IATA designators I used for my list were selected by Schedule Creator when I built them into the airport's schedule I was creating.  I assume these are IATA designators that aren’t already being used in T!3DP (however, this would have to confirmed by @EliGrim).  One thing to remember is that when you reinstall Real Traffic your airlines, airports, and airplanes text files will be overwritten and any added data lost, so always be sure to back up (at least) those files for your airports before you reinstall it.

Also, @EliGrim did confirm my assumption about the IATA code assignments.

If you are interested in reading the entire thread just click the link below.

Private Charter Airlines.txt

2 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

But @HappyNUyear is more than welcome to empty Terminal 2 by assigning some airline that never goes to PHX (like WWW) as the only airline to that terminal and leave it empty...

Yep, but without a redesigned (and I assume expanded) Terminal 3 the loss of gates just means more flights end up not showing up. Hopefully the next version will deliver as promised and with editing tools we can future proof things (or add thing the devs left out).

@Ron C I doubt that was the point of @HappyNUyear’s post but sure creating unreal IATA codes for cargo, charter,etc. is definitely an option at any airport/terminal. As one who likes to keep it real, I’m not a fan of this approach but to each their own.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, crbascott said:

@Ron C I doubt that was the point of @HappyNUyear’s post

I see what you mean.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, crbascott said:

As one who likes to keep it real, I’m not a fan of this approach but to each their own.

Craig, I’m not a real fan of this type of approach either as I also like to try and keep the game as close to real as possible whenever I can.  However, I haven't been able yet to find a source that has provided very many actual IATA codes for the smaller air charter service/airlines (I’m wondering if very many of them even do have codes).  I usually use the “Search Airlines Code” search engine on the IATA.org website which seems to work pretty well for scheduled commercial airlines.  However, out of the 24 RL air charter service/airlines included in my list, I could only find 4 (16.67%) that had actual IATA codes.  So, if you (or anyone else) know of a good source for getting the actual IATA codes for small air charter service/airlines then please point me in that direction.  Otherwise, I think using @EliGrim’s Schedule Creator is going to be as close to realism as I’m going to get for any charter airlines that will be included in my game’s commercial airlines schedules.  Therefore, I guess you could say my “but to each their own” approach (towards realism) in this case is improvising based on my current resources at hand and is more of an "any port in a storm" type of approach than my standard modus operandi.

Ron

• Like 1

@Ron C You only need IATA codes if you plan to put them in the commercial schedule and park at a terminal. In most cases I would just use the GA schedule since most of the charter flights use GA areas. 
You can still use the charter call sign in the GA schedule, so I never saw the need or had a reason to create dummy IATA codes and add those flights to the commercial schedule.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:19 PM, crbascott said:

@Ron C You only need IATA codes if you plan to put them in the commercial schedule and park at a terminal. In most cases I would just use the GA schedule since most of the charter flights use GA areas.

Thank you for your reply.  I know and do that most of the time.  The primarily reason I brought it up was in case someone may still want to use Terminal 2 at KPHX for a charter airline terminal or some other similar situation at another airport.  When using FlightAware for @EliGrim's Schedule Creator I sometimes run across numerous new air charter service/airlines that are included in the FlightAware schedules.  I then either build in the new air charter airlines and assign them to the airport's GA (or some other) terminal which is simple to do in Schedule Creator; or I just delete them when creating/building the T!3DP commercial schedule and then build them into the session’s GA schedule.  For realism, I usually research new charter airlines to get their actual call signs, three letter designators and owners.  I’ve found that a good source for obtaining that kind of air charter or commercial airlines information is FFA JO 7240.1, "Contractions" which can be found at https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/order/nd/7340.1z.pdf.  If I can't find the info there then I try Google Search.  The list of 24 RL air charter service/airlines (since expanded to 29) that I posted earlier is a result of that research, except for their IATA codes as explained in my previous post.  If anyone is interested, I’ve also attached my now 29 RL air charter airlines list which also includes a couple of corrections that I also made to my original list.

2 hours ago, Ron C said:

For realism, I usually research new charter airlines to get their actual call signs, three letter designators and owners.  I’ve found that a good source for obtaining that kind of air charter or commercial airlines information is FFA JO 7240.1, "Contractions" which can be found at https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/order/nd/7340.1z.pdf

I built my schedules from FlightAware and always found that the charter name was included on the flight information page.

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

I built my schedules from FlightAware and always found that the charter name was included on the flight information page.

Thank you.  That is something I have obviously overlooked that could have made my previous schedule creating efforts less time consuming.  I guess it was a case of something being right in front of my nose and not seeing it.