The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon!2012:SE Other Traffic

DB9JHsNpy6eR

I purchased Tracon SE 11 days ago and have played over 15 hours thus far.  I've tried different simulation configurations, but have never seen aircraft on the scope other than those I am controlling.  Example:  I chose the Controller Position "Approach" in the LAS sector and have enabled departure runways at the other four airports in the sector.  Shouldn't I see and have to work around aircraft departing from those airports?

25 minutes ago, DB9JHsNpy6eR said:

I purchased Tracon SE 11 days ago and have played over 15 hours thus far.  I've tried different simulation configurations, but have never seen aircraft on the scope other than those I am controlling.  Example:  I chose the Controller Position "Approach" in the LAS sector and have enabled departure runways at the other four airports in the sector.  Shouldn't I see and have to work around aircraft departing from those airports?

Nope, that's not the way this thing works.

In single player, you are the only controller. There are no AI controllers. So, when you select Approach the only flights you see are arrivals and you control all of them. Likewise for departures, you'll see only departures and you are responsible for all of them. 

As a result, the scenario you desire is impossible as a single player. It is, however, possible in multiplayer with you controlling arrivals and and another person controlling departures. The challenge is finding a multiplayer partner for a 10 year old game. Good luck!