The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Windows-Error when executing

Ralf Luther

I could install and register FSUIPC7 successfully but now I get an error message after starting MSFS2020:

(I did not enter a WideFSkey when installing and left this input box free).

FSUIPC7 Application-Error - the program could not be started correctly (0xc0000022).

What should I do?

Thanks for help and greetings from Bavaria,

Ralf

1 hour ago, Ralf Luther said:

FSUIPC7 Application-Error - the program could not be started correctly (0xc0000022).

If it was previously working, what has changed on your system?

This error is usually caused by missing or corrupt VC++ redistributables, and you need to uninstall and re-install. This is explained in the README.txt file that is included in the zip you downloaded:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   then you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributables from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed
   the combined redistributable packages (usually both the x86 and x64 ones) from here:
       https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1

2. If you receive a pop-up System Error from MSFS when auto-starting FSUIPC7, also please also try the steps outlined in 1. above.
   You can also try starting FSUIPC7.exe manually to see if any errors are given.

John

37 minutes ago, Ralf Luther said:

Strangely the official windows System Error code list

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

lists this error as:

ERROR_WRONG_DISK
34 (0x22)
The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1.

???????

Pete

On my PC I have only one drive. MSFS needs to get Disk 1 (from a Disk set with 10 Disks) everytime for starting. With other than Disk1 its asking for Disk1 for starting.

So without Disk1 MSFS doesn´t start.

Which Disk should I put in the drive and when (what time, after MSFS has read Disk1?)?

cannont there be another reason for the problem?

Ralf

3 minutes ago, Ralf Luther said:

cannont there be another reason for the problem?

The reason for my row of ??????? was to show that the error made no sense! I was surprised!

FSUIPC7 has nothing to do with "diskettes". John's answer is the one to follow.

Pete

1 hour ago, Ralf Luther said:

I only have the two V++ redistributibles 2017 installed and some older ones.

Should I only delete and reinstall the V++ 2017-versions?

Is it necessary to install newer ones 2019?

What about the instructions isn't clear:

you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributables from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed
the combined redistributable packages (usually both the x86 and x64 ones) from here:
       https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

?

So, uninstall any of the 2015, 2017 or 2019 ones that you have installed, and then download and install BOTH combined (i.e. 2015+2017+2019) versions (x86 and x64) from the provided link.

Thank you. I only had the 2017-Version installed and older ones. I deleted this 2017-Version and re-installed the both files (v_redist.x64.exe and v_redist.x86.exe) with the new versions from your link.

With this the problem was solved!

Everything is working well now. Only one thing is strange and I´m wondering: in MSFS air-traffic-control-menu I now have Chinese symbols in the text since installing the new software.

Do you have an idea where this comes from and how to clean this? Thanks for answer.

Greetings from Bavaria,

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

40 minutes ago, Ralf Luther said:

With this the problem was solved!

Ok, thats good!

40 minutes ago, Ralf Luther said:

Everything is working well now. Only one thing is strange and I´m wondering: in MSFS air-traffic-control-menu I now have Chinese symbols in the text since installing the new software.

Do you have an idea where this comes from and how to clean this? Thanks for answer.

No idea. Sounds very strange, but that can't be anything to do with FSUIPC. Did anything else change?
Try uninstalling FSUIPC (just run the uninstaller from your FSUIPC7 installation folder, or from the windows app management panel) to see if the problem is still there - I suspect so. You can re-install FSUIPC7 again in the same folder - it only rakes a minute or so.

Greetings from Galicia!

John

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, Ralf Luther said:

I could install and register FSUIPC7 successfully but now I get an error message after starting MSFS2020:

(I did not enter a WideFSkey when installing and left this input box free).

What should I do?

Thanks for help and greetings from Bavaria,

Ralf

12 hours ago, Jo boothby said:

What should I do

What happens if you try to start FSUIPC7 manually (by double clicking the FSIOPC7.exe file)?
Your problem is most likely with the VC++ redistributables. Please see the provided README.txt:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   then you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributables from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed

Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1

2. If you receive a pop-up System Error from MSFS when auto-starting FSUIPC7, also please also try the steps outlined in 1. above.
   You can also try starting FSUIPC7.exe manually to see if any errors are given.