Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Two question


Mugz

Recommended Posts

Hello.

 

I have two question.

1. My program icon is gone, cant find FSUIPC7.ico
2. Is it possible to additionally make a portable version (just an archive) so as not to bother with the installer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mugz said:

1. My program icon is gone, cant find FSUIPC7.ico

Do you mean the file itself, or that the icon is not in your system tray?
If the file has gone, you must have deleted it. Just re-install.
if the icon is not in your system tray ot task bar, FSUIPC7 isn't running.

12 hours ago, Mugz said:

2. Is it possible to additionally make a portable version (just an archive) so as not to bother with the installer?

I make the FSUIPC7.exe available on its own only for beta releases.
I don't understand why you would want to download just the exe. All releases come built into the installer as, as a minimum,  the documentation always changes between releases. However, to use FSUIPC7 you don't actually need to have it installed by the installer - you can just run the FSUIPC7.exe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 1:18 PM, John Dowson said:

Do you mean the file itself, or that the icon is not in your system tray?
If the file has gone, you must have deleted it. Just re-install.
if the icon is not in your system tray ot task bar, FSUIPC7 isn't running.

I mean no .ico file in program folder. Even after reinstall.

 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:18 PM, John Dowson said:

I make the FSUIPC7.exe available on its own only for beta releases.
I don't understand why you would want to download just the exe. All releases come built into the installer as, as a minimum,  the documentation always changes between releases. However, to use FSUIPC7 you don't actually need to have it installed by the installer - you can just run the FSUIPC7.exe.

I mean full programm in archive, i dont like reinstall every time, more simply is just unpack new version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mugz said:

I mean no .ico file in program folder. Even after reinstall.

Did you select to install the desktop icon, checked by default, at the end of the installation process?
If so, I cannot see how it cannot be installed...could it have been quarantined by windows defender or some other anti-virus software? Is the MSFS.bat file created?

13 hours ago, Mugz said:

I mean full programm in archive, i dont like reinstall every time, more simply is just unpack new version.

There is no harm whatsoever in re-installing every time. And this needs to be done for various reasons (i.e. keeping documentation up-to-date, and now, more importantly, making sure the FSUIPC WASM module version is compatible with the FSUIPC7 version. As I said, I only provide stand-alone executables for beta releases for test purposes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.