The simFlight Network Forums

FBW A320

kingm56

I asked this question for the Asobo A320; so, I apologize for asking again for a different aircraft.  In regards to the FBW A320, I can bind almost every control with the exception of the batteries.  Has anyone found a LVAR, HVAR, Control or Offset that will toggle both batteries to the ON position.  As the documentation states, it's possible to toggle off via TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY control; however, it does not work in reverse.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated as this is the last hurdle to building a solid cockpit for MSFS.   

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You could try the following lvars with parameters 0 for off and 1 for on:
    XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT1_Pressed
    XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_BAT2_Pressed

They don't seem to be working, and neither the Moboflight events for those lvars. They are documented as being 'not tested'.
Maybe ask on the FBW forums if there is a way to control the batteries.
It was reported in the other post you raised that it there are some simvars that may allow you to read the battery state, although these are currently not accessible using FSUIPC7. If those simvars (or a variables) are writable, I could add them to offsets. But best to check with FBW how they should be controlled first.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, kingm56 said:

In regards to the FBW A320, I can bind almost every control with the exception of the batteries.

Could you maybe explain how you have assigned your AP Vertical Speed and Altitude buttons (i.e. rotate for inc/dec, and push/pull for setting/?). This is for the following support request (that I also need to look into): 

Thanks.

Hey Mr. Dowson!

I can get all the LVARs and HVAR to work except for the XMLVAR_Momentary* variables.  They appear to write only for a second before being written over.   Any ideas?

Concerning your question, I downloaded the SPAD profile from here:

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/tree/master/docs#mapping-of-events-to-control-autopilot--autothrust

Is the user using the development version of the FBW?  Wasn't support added for those variables during a recent update?

13 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I can get all the LVARs and HVAR to work except for the XMLVAR_Momentary* variables.  They appear to write only for a second before being written over.   Any ideas?

I think thats just the way they behave -they are 'momentary' after all. But they should have some affect - those ones I mentioned for the battery don't seem to do anything. As I say, probably better off asking on the FBW forums. If you get a solution or an answer, please report back!

Thanks for the link - hadn't seen that FBW documentation, useful...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi kingm56,

I just installed FSUIPC and trying to do the same you did. But first of all I'm not really sure where I have to put the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo.evt file and if there is something else to do in order to let FSUIPC configuration that there is this new file.

In fact, when I enable the Events log, even if I change something on MCP panel (autopilot) I still have in the log "standard" commands like (example) AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD etc etc.

Instead I expect to have something like the new custom commands (example): A32NX.FCU_AP_1_PUSH, etc. etc.

Did I something wrong in my config?
Thanks

8 minutes ago, guzzo76 said:

But first of all I'm not really sure where I have to put the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo.evt file and if there is something else to do in order to let FSUIPC configuration that there is this new file.

Event files (*.evt) should go in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. You may also need the MobiFlight WASM module installed, although I'm not 100% certain if the A32NX events are handled by the MF WASM module or the FBW A32NX itself. Once the event file is recognised, you should see the custom events in the controls drop-down menu, in the assignment panels.

10 minutes ago, guzzo76 said:

In fact, when I enable the Events log, even if I change something on MCP panel (autopilot) I still have in the log "standard" commands like (example) AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD etc etc.

Instead I expect to have something like the new custom commands (example): A32NX.FCU_AP_1_PUSH, etc. etc.

FSUIPC will just log the events it receives from MSFS. As custom events are handled by the add-on, I am not sure if you will see them logged in FSUIPC.

Which version of the FBW mod are you using? This is the comment on that event (in the MF spreadsheet):
    dev version, soon on experimental, this does not work on the stable version. See A32NX_FCU_AP1_PUSH

i.e. only on the dev version at the moment.