The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 messes up the CRJ from Aerosoft

Andreas Stangenes

One thing you could also do is to change the following parameters in your FSUIPC7.ini, in the general section. Change:

TrafficStallTime=2
InitialStallTime=120
NormalStallTime=2

to

TrafficStallTime=-2
InitialStallTime=180
NormalStallTime=-2

Changing those stall times to a negative number will just log a message when data is stalled rather than reconnecting. As the CRJ seems to take a long time to load, it may be re-connecting to many times and then running out of SimConnect connections. However, I don't think this is your issue (from your log) but still worth doing.

I will be releasing FSUIPC7 v7.2.0 sometime tomorrow, just got some documentation updates to do to complete the release. Once thats done, I'll take a look at the CRJ to see if I can duplicate your issues and investigate. Please update to 7.2.0 once released though. Thanks,

John 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

One thing you could also do is to change the following parameters in your FSUIPC7.ini, in the general section. Change:

to

Changing those stall times to a negative number will just log a message when data is stalled rather than reconnecting. As the CRJ seems to take a long time to load, it may be re-connecting to many times and then running out of SimConnect connections. However, I don't think this is your issue (from your log) but still worth doing.

I will be releasing FSUIPC7 v7.2.0 sometime tomorrow, just got some documentation updates to do to complete the release. Once thats done, I'll take a look at the CRJ to see if I can duplicate your issues and investigate. Please update to 7.2.0 once released though. Thanks,

John 

John I see there are various threads, issues and requests surrounding the CRJ and I also read you'll be asking for a temporary licence for the purpose of testing and eventual improvement of the FSUIPC, so I have just bought the plane (just spawned at an airport and waiting for it to "assemble" itself as per Aerosoft instructions).
If there's something I can do to assist you and speed things up please instruct.

3 minutes ago, Milan Putnik said:

so I have just bought the plane

You shouldn't have done that unless you are planning on using it!

Can you reproduce the OP's problem? I've taken a quick look but it seems ok here. But I'm also running v7.2.0 with WASM 0.5.1. Thats why I would like to release these ASAP (tomorrow) to see if that makes a difference.

Also the latest update to the CRJ implements throttle control via its own simconnect connection, so I'd like to investigate how throttle assignment works for this a/c. May be issues with priority levels if assigned and calibrated in FSUIPC (as with PMDG a/c), but not sure....

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You shouldn't have done that unless you are...

Everything's cool John. Also, it's a very fine piece of software and I will absolutely fly it...at a certain point in time.. 😄

Works fine here. One thing I noticed right away by the way it acts is absolutely and ABSOLUTELY crucial - it should be set to ALWAYS start cold and dark !
Also, it should be avoided starting the sim with the CRJ already in hangar. Before exiting the simulator go into hangar and switch the plane to something simple without any WASM modules - like Cessna 172sp or just a good old Piper Cub. Then exit the simulator.

Because.

Especially all of you who use FSUIPC, SPAD.Next and the like - load the sim with some simple wood in the hangar and configure the CRJ to always start cold and dark.
Even then it has a tendency to get all funky and weird upon spawning - but just force "cold and dark" from the EFB again once or twice to get all the modules loaded and SimConnect loaded and initialized properly.

I've already seen such schizophrenic SimConnect tendencies with PMDG and Leonardo simulations, you don't get some simvars properly loaded...it becomes a mess because the airplane animations (moving flaps, ailerons, etc.) are the events consisted of a set of Hvars primarily - when some of those get "stuck", fearful pranks ensue..

John, is there a chance that the WASM module CRJ uses for instruments (actually the complete avionics suite) runs some gauge events in the same range as FSUIPC WASM...that is from 0x1FFF through to 0x1FFF5 ?

All the rest is a matter of the proper user hygiene - I mean:

- running this at 100fps and/or without any form of vsync or a frame limiter WILL crash the simulator and cause various...tendencies...to appear
- misconfigured hardware and/or software - do not delete the hidden VxD drives because it looks ugly and you feel invaded by Microsoft
- use FSUIPC as per instructions, read the manual and try to learn as much as possible
- keep the system up-to-date

These are my findings after these few hours since I bought it.

• Like 1

Having uninstalled FSUIPC everything is honky dory in my sim at the moment. Which makes me feel bad, well - not so much for missing its functionality because I was using spad.next almost exclusively for things in msfs that I used to use fsuipc for in p3d and fsx, but because of the effort put down by John Dowson. 10/10 customer service right there:) 

I guess you can write my problem off as a one-off, and then you might have some leads if someone else should ever have these issues later. If I should reinstall fsuipc later and have problems I will contact you again.

Thanks for your support! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Milan Putnik said:

John, is there a chance that the WASM module CRJ uses for instruments (actually the complete avionics suite) runs some gauge events in the same range as FSUIPC WASM...that is from 0x1FFF through to 0x1FFF5 ?

I will check this. I am planning on moving these gauge events to  simconnect events at some point - been meaning to do this for a while but just not found the time yet.

Thanks for your report.

• Like 1