Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC read wrong offset value if load in mid flight.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mugz said:

- MSFS2020 -> Select airborne departure -> Press FLY -> start FSUIPC (data will be incorrect).

Before FSUIPC receives ANY data from Sim all of the offsets populated by SimVars will be zero. FSUIPC doesn't invent any of these values!

Try using the Offsets facility in FSUIPC's logging in order to show the values in the log as they change. This will not only show the offset itself but also the actual value read from SimConnect. It sounds like SimConnect is first sending the default (on ground) value when initialised, but this additional logging will show. you'll need to set this logging option in one session so it starts off enabled in the next.

FSUIPC can only pass on what it gets. it may change to scaled value, to maintain compatibility with past FS versions, but it doesn't do any real state changes on its own.

Pete

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Before FSUIPC receives ANY data from Sim all of the offsets populated by SimVars will be zero. FSUIPC doesn't invent any of these values!

Try using the Offsets facility in FSUIPC's logging in order to show the values in the log as they change. This will not only show the offset itself but also the actual value read from SimConnect. It sounds like SimConnect is first sending the default (on ground) value when initialised, but this additional logging will show. you'll need to set this logging option in one session so it starts off enabled in the next.

FSUIPC can only pass on what it gets. it may change to scaled value, to maintain compatibility with past FS versions, but it doesn't do any real state changes on its own.

Pete

It will be great if you tell me how to do this. All what i can (and know) now - read offset data and print to log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mugz said:

It will be great if you tell me how to do this. All what i can (and know) now - read offset data and print to log

Use the Log -> Offsets menu option, giving the offset addresses and the code U32.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mugz said:

Seems initial offset state loaded from FLT file, not from SimVar.

No, those offsets are only populated from simvars received via SimConnect.

I can reproduce this issue now but do not understand it. I will look into it and get back to you.
It also looks like FSUIPC7 isn't auto-starting luas when FSUIPC7 is started and MSFS is running but in a paused state. I will also look into this.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I can reproduce this issue now but do not understand it. I will look into it and get back to you.

I have found the issue. The problem is that before writing the received value to the gear position offsets, FSUIPC is checking offset 060C, the IS GEAR RETRACTABLE offset. This is 0 (i.e. still unpopulated) when the gear position is received, so FSUIPC is setting the gear position offsets to  16383.
I will fix this and post you a new version to check either later today or more likely tomorrow morning.

I have also found an issue with luas not starting when you start FSUIPC7 and MSFS is already running but in a paused state. This will also be corrected.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mugz said:

Seems work perfect. No issue detected after fourth atempts.

Ok thanks.

3 minutes ago, Mugz said:

Oh. Wow! This verrsion correctly reset event.terminate

Yes, I removed a flag which was set to only call the event/terminate once.
So I can close/lock this topic now, no? We should investigate the FSUIPC7 crash, but can you raise a new topic for this please.

I'll comment on the event.terminate on the other topic you raised for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.