The simFlight Network Forums

LTFM will not load - Tower!3D Pro

Pheesus

The new Istanbul airport locks up at 54% while loading, no matter the antialiasing option, even with clear weather. All other airports load fine. I load no mods and I use the custom carriers list (Leslie, Field Air, Ozzy, etc). Machine is an i9-9900K with 64 GB of memory and the RTX 2080 Ti video card, so that ain't it.

Note that since the max attachment size on here is 20 KB, and the log file is 46 KB, I cannot attach the log. I'll therefore include some excerpts from it, notably, the exceptions thrown. There are also a lot of "RUNWAY CROSS ERROR: 36 x 18" lines in it, one for each runway in fact. This is the very end of the log:

Airptype loaded: Default , DEFAULT
Airptype loaded: Narrow_default , DEFAULT
Airptype loaded: Prop_default , DEFAULT
Airptype loaded: Regional_default , DEFAULT
Airptype loaded: Turboprop_default , DEFAULT
Airptype loaded: Wide_default , DEFAULT
Wait for Speech init!
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DatTimetable.BuildTimetable (System.String ac_icao) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Game+<LoadMap>c__Iterator4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

1 hour ago, scoobflight said:

Did you run the airport installer as administrator?

Did you update RealTraffic and run the installer as administrator?

The OP specifically mentioned running no mods.

The error message would seem to indicate an issue with the default built in schedule. @Pheesus, can you try running this airport with various start times and report back if/when the game doesn’t freeze at 54%? This might help pinpoint where the issue in the schedule lies. Ultimately, this issue will need to be fixed by @nyergesdesign (assuming it is a schedule issue).

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, crbascott said:

The OP specifically mentioned running no mods.

The error message would seem to indicate an issue with the default built in schedule. @Pheesus, can you try running this airport with various start times and report back if/when the game doesn’t freeze at 54%? This might help pinpoint where the issue in the schedule lies. Ultimately, this issue will need to be fixed by @nyergesdesign (assuming it is a schedule issue).

I've tried the start times all the way up to 23:00. None of them work...

4 hours ago, Pheesus said:

The new Istanbul airport locks up at 54% while loading

A Null Reference Exception, where the game stops loading at 54%, when using the Real Traffic AddOn, usually means that the airport being loaded is not included in xxxx_airports.txt.
I don't know how the game gets the airport information without the AddOn. Maybe LTFM is not known to the base game.

@FeelThere @FeelThere Ariel ???

Interesting. I also have the ZBAD airport, a recent addition. It does have zbad_airports.txt and zbad_schedule.txt, but the LTFM directory doesn't have equivalent files. Were they left out of the DLC perhaps? It *is* acting like there's no default schedule at all.

39 minutes ago, Pheesus said:

Interesting. I also have the ZBAD airport, a recent addition. It does have zbad_airports.txt and zbad_schedule.txt, but the LTFM directory doesn't have equivalent files. Were they left out of the DLC perhaps? It *is* acting like there's no default schedule at all.

OK, now I'm confused. You say you have no mods but then you say you have zbad_airports.txt and zbad_schedule.txt which would indicate you have Real Traffic. If this is the case, you need to update your Real Traffic to get the latest version which includes "real" files for LTFM. 

If you use Real Traffic, the 54% loading issue should go away.

However for those that don't have Real Traffic, I would assume the 54% would still be a problem.  

I do not use Real Traffic. I got ZBAD and LTFM as DLCs, via Steam, like the game itself. Maybe ZBAD includes some Real Traffic files; I don't know. I don't really want real traffic anyway; then I'd have to memorize a whole new list of carriers. I'm too used to TAB and DEN and BLA and the rest. Just laziness. 🙂

1 hour ago, Pheesus said:

I do not use Real Traffic. I got ZBAD and LTFM as DLCs, via Steam, like the game itself. Maybe ZBAD includes some Real Traffic files; I don't know. I don't really want real traffic anyway; then I'd have to memorize a whole new list of carriers. I'm too used to TAB and DEN and BLA and the rest. Just laziness. 🙂

I don't have the ZBAD airport, but usually those text files are installed by Real Traffic.  However, maybe those files were included to actually make ZBAD work since it is a fairly new airport and may not be included in the base game.

@FeelThere @FeelThere Ariel Could you speak to if/why ZBAD included an airports and schedule file as part of the install?

Maybe, all @nyergesdesign needs to do is include an updated ltfm_airports.txt file as part of the LTFM installer and all is well.

As a potential workaround, copy the zbad_airports.txt file from the ZBAD folder to your LTFM folder. Then rename that file to ltfm_airports.txt. Load the game and let us know what happens.

Oddly enough, zbad_airports.txt does contain Istanbul, but it's not called "LTFM" and the coordinates are slightly off...

IST ISTANBUL_ATATURK_TURKEY                   40.58 N  28.49 E LTBA

"ISL" should be the code for LTBA; "IST" is correct for LTFM. "ISL" is not in the airports file. Seems some wires got crossed...?

Yep. After creating ltfm_airports.txt with these corrected lines...

ISL ISTANBUL_ATATURK_TURKEY                   40.58 N  28.49 E LTBA
  IST ISTANBUL_ISTANBUL_TURKEY                  41.28 N  28.75 E LTFM

...the airport loads and planes get scheduled. Problem solved (for me), thanks 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pheesus said:

Yep. After creating ltfm_airports.txt with these corrected lines...

ISL ISTANBUL_ATATURK_TURKEY                   40.58 N  28.49 E LTBA
  IST ISTANBUL_ISTANBUL_TURKEY                  41.28 N  28.75 E LTFM

...the airport loads and planes get scheduled. Problem solved (for me), thanks 🙂

Good deal. Glad it is working. Confirms that a fix will be needed by @nyergesdesign. 

FYI - Real Traffic has the following entry for LTFM but I think the coordinates you are using are fine.

IST ISTAMBUL_AIRPORT_TURKEY                   41.16 N  28.45 E LTFM

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

FYI - Real Traffic has the following entry for LTFM but I think the coordinates you are using are fine.

IST ISTAMBUL_AIRPORT_TURKEY                   41.16 N  28.45 E LTFM

Then they've misrepresented DMS as decimal. It's located at 41° 16' 31.0" N, 28° 45' 7.0" E. Looks like they didn't convert it to decimal, which is 41.28N, 28.75E. Also, they misspelled Istanbul. It's all in the details...

• Like 1

Then they've misrepresented DMS as decimal. It's located at 41° 16' 31.0" N, 28° 45' 7.0" E. Looks like they didn't covert it to decimal, which is 41.28N, 28.75E. Also, they misspelled Istanbul. It's all in the details...

Yep, Real Traffic needs some serious TLC. Hopefully, the next version will address the RT/RC concept. 

Hello Pheesus,

I'm happy your problem is solved, however I think what was your problem. The LTFM is the new airpor so it wasn't in older RT version. Please use the newest RT always. If you have it you can create custome schedule easily.
Enjoy the game! 

PS: thank you for users helping
Gabor

1 hour ago, nyergesdesign said:

Hello Pheesus,

I'm happy your problem is solved, however I think what was your problem. The LTFM is the new airpor so it wasn't in older RT version. Please use the newest RT always. If you have it you can create custome schedule easily.
Enjoy the game! 

PS: thank you for users helping
Gabor

Gabor, please look into the issue again. He doesn’t have Real Traffic.

• Confused 1

Dear Folks,

we have found a little problem in LTFM airport's installer so we have released the new installer, it's called HOTFIX. The problem appeared who didn't use Real Traffic add-on. 
Not need reinstall the LTFM airport for who has got Real Traffic add-on.
Please don't forget update your Real Traffic add-on for correct works.

Gabor

• 1 year later...