The simFlight Network Forums

Control Bravo LEDs based on offset changes

Blake Buhlig

I found the red and green LEDs for each gear can be turned on simultaneously which makes the gear indicator look orange, so I uploaded a new bravoleds.lua version with definitions for GEARIND_ORANGE, GEAR_LEFT_ORANGE, GEAR_CNTR_ORANGE, and GEAR_RIGHT_ORANGE.  Nothing uses those definitions presently but they're available for anyone tweaking the logic. 

(Edit: at least I think they were orange, they could be yellow based on what I just found on the web regarding what green and red light mixed should look like.  My setup has been down for some weeks now and my color memory isn't the best; I'll get around to reconfirming but if anyone tests this before then and finds they are yellow, I can push another update).

13 minutes ago, Blake Buhlig said:

(Edit: at least I think they were orange, they could be yellow...

I'm doubling down on my memory and betting orange.  The red probably overbears the green to make orange.   

It could be fun to try producing yellow by pulsing the red LED on and off with green solid on, though lua might not be able to pulse it fast enough.