The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Trial license - available here

John Dowson

Hi,

Sorry to be a dummy, I've just downloaded the key, put it into the installation folder but still only get the normal version.

What I'm trying to establish if I can do, is assign keystrokes to all the controls in an aircraft. I've bought the Milviz 310 and want to assign every switch (not radios etc, but alternators, magnetos, lights etc etc) a keystroke and then via an arduino have real switches in a cockpit operate these functions. I'm guessing that's possible with the paid version? (if so I won't need the key issue solved).

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, vandelay said:

I've just downloaded the key, put it into the installation folder but still only get the normal version.

Did  you restart FSUIPC7? Are you sure you placed the file in the correct folder - check by using the Open Installation Folder menu option under the File drop-down menu. Also check the file is called FSUIPC7.key 

2 hours ago, vandelay said:

I've bought the Milviz 310 and want to assign every switch (not radios etc, but alternators, magnetos, lights etc etc) a keystroke and then via an arduino have real switches in a cockpit operate these functions.

Why do you need to assign keystrokes first, and not just directly assign your cockpit' buttons/switches directly to the corresponding functions?

John

37 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Did  you restart FSUIPC7? Are you sure you placed the file in the correct folder - check by using the Open Installation Folder menu option under the File drop-down menu. Also check the file is called FSUIPC7.key 

Why do you need to assign keystrokes first, and not just directly assign your cockpit' buttons/switches directly to the corresponding functions?

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the super speedy reply. I did restart, and the key is there. It shows as 1kb rather than the 77kb it shows in my download folder for some reason.

As for the keystrokes, with my limited knowledge, that's what I imagined I'd have to do. I imagined (as an example) something like:

Assign left alternator to key A. 

Connect toggle switch to Arduino 

Via Mobiflight, make toggle switch operate key A.

I'm probably way off but it's early days in my planning and I'm learning.

I appreciate your time thanks, I'm thinking your product will work for what I want to do, will have to have a think about WideFS.

6 minutes ago, vandelay said:

Thanks for the super speedy reply. I did restart, and the key is there. It shows as 1kb rather than the 77kb it shows in my download folder for some reason.

Then copy it again and check the contents - should contain the following:

[User]
Name=Trial License
Address=Valid Until 30th May
FSUIPC=UVI5MTBH9NL2

7 minutes ago, vandelay said:

I appreciate your time thanks, I'm thinking your product will work for what I want to do, will have to have a think about WideFS.

There is a key file which also includes a trial license for WideFS in this post if you want to try WideFS as well:

12 minutes ago, vandelay said:

As for the keystrokes, with my limited knowledge, that's what I imagined I'd have to do. I imagined (as an example) something like:

Assign left alternator to key A. 

Connect toggle switch to Arduino 

Via Mobiflight, make toggle switch operate key A.

You could do that I guess, but you can also make the toggle switch send the control directly using FSUIPC offsets. You can send any control via offset 0x3110, and you can activate presets (if using these) by preset name using offset 0x7C50.

John

18 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Then copy it again and check the contents - should contain the following:

There is a key file which also includes a trial license for WideFS in this post if you want to try WideFS as well:

You could do that I guess, but you can also make the toggle switch send the control directly using FSUIPC offsets. You can send any control via offset 0x3110, and you can activate presets (if using these) by preset name using offset 0x7C50.

John

Thanks John, it's now working. Your help is greatly appreciated. I've now achieved exactly what I described doing above (except with a magneto), but need some time to learn about offsets.

It's 9.20pm here in Australia so I'll have another look tomorrow. 

Thanks again,

Regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

the latest trial license is unavailable at the present time.  In the meantime, is it possible to sync the throttle, prop and mixture control in the Cessna 310 twin so they can be adjusted with the mouse only using fsuipc7 in msfs 2020?

Hi from France guys !

Thanks for trial version !! I'll get a true one ASAP

Awesome software, the documentation is appreciable, 2 days to read it, and still a lot more to understand it

Edited by RubiX
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, RayH said:

the latest trial license is unavailable at the present time.

It is available in the first post in this topic...

On 5/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, RayH said:

In the meantime, is it possible to sync the throttle, prop and mixture control in the Cessna 310 twin so they can be adjusted with the mouse only using fsuipc7 in msfs 2020?

I am not going to respond to support requests not related to this topic... BUT FSUIPC7 does not support the use of the mouse in MSFS2020 - never has, never will.

John

On 6/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, John Dowson said:

The latest trial license can be found below, with the expiry date. If the license has expired, please post a comment in this thread and I will generate a new one and update.
Please note that time-limited license are not validated by the FSUIPC7 installer - just drop the FSUIPC7.key file into your FSUIPC7 installation folder and you are good to go. A trial license for WideFS7 is also included.

The attached license is valid until 29th June 2022:   FSUIPC7.key

Bonjour,

Merci beaucoup 👍👍👍

• 2 weeks later...

John, First of all, thank you for the work you have done over the span of what is it now, 3 decades to keep this program up to date? I can't believe the project is still alive and current. 

I am a little confused. Is this a trial key for the full version or is this key related to the free basic version? I have the free versions and I don't remember having to continue to update a trial license?  I was searching google to see if there was a way to test the full version and found this post. The reason I am confused is your post insinuates that people can just keep requesting an extended trial license and that is a real head-scratcher. Can you clarify this?       

A license is only needed for the registered facilities - assignments, access to the lua interface, etc. No license is needed for the unregistered facilities (access to offsets for third-party programs and developers using the FSUIPC SDK, logging facilities).
Of course, people can keep using the trial license and never purchase FSUIPC, but this is not the intention and I obviously do not approve of doing this. I always leave a few days after the expiry of a trial license before generating a new one, and I will not generate a new license on the request of a user who has obviously already been using the previous trial license.

24 minutes ago, CaptSlowBird said:

First of all, thank you for the work you have done over the span of what is it now, 3 decades to keep this program up to date? I can't believe the project is still alive and current. 

Thanks, but I have only been developing/supporting FSUIPC for around 4 years now - previously this was done by Pete, my father, who deserves most of the credit!

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...