The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Trial license - available here

John Dowson

I am now thinking about purchasing FSUIPC 7. But using your trial link my system keeps pausing for around 20 seconds, I assume when 'autosave' is saving a file. By not using autosave the pausing disappears. By purchasing will it overcome this pausing mode?

Thanks

Don

2 hours ago, DonFraser said:

But using your trial link my system keeps pausing for around 20 seconds, I assume when 'autosave' is saving a file. By not using autosave the pausing disappears. By purchasing will it overcome this pausing mode?

No - a purchased license is the same as the trial license, except that it doesn't expire.
A short pause when saving a flight is common, especially when using complex aircraft. There are now many reports about this - see 

Check that the flight-save folder is excluded from any anti-virus scanning - this can improve the time taken to save the flight.

John

John,

Yesterday while the my trial link was still current I tried flying the PMDG B739 with my anti-virus inactive because I am not quite sure where to find the flight-save folder

I will admit my PC is not the fastest but it was still pausing around 25-30 seconds - not good, yet my frame rate was hovering around 25-30. 95% of my flights are online so it is important that I can reduce the pause time.

I like the idea of the Auto-Save Toggle  but couldn't even find that!

Unless I can reduce the pause time then it won't be worth me purchasing FSUIPC 7 just for  AutoSave.

Thanks again.

Don

28 minutes ago, DonFraser said:

I like the idea of the Auto-Save Toggle  but couldn't even find that!

It is in the drop-down list of controls for button/key assignments when you Select for FS control.

30 minutes ago, DonFraser said:

Unless I can reduce the pause time then it won't be worth me purchasing FSUIPC 7 just for  AutoSave.

As stated in many posts on this issue, FSUIPC just calls the provided SimConnect SDK function to save a flight and it is this that is taking the time - there is nothing I can do about this. 

Note also that the SimConnect_FlightSave function is still documented as:
    NOTE: The current status of this function is NO ERROR, NO RESPONSE.
which implies that it is still not 100% reliable. So I would recommend not to purchase FSUIPC7 if you only want to use it for this feature.

John

5 minutes ago, DonFraser said:

NOTE: The current status of this function is NO ERROR, NO RESPONSE

I have not idea what that is referring to.

That is just how MSFS / Asobo document functions that are not working or fully reliable.

7 minutes ago, DonFraser said:

I will look elsewhere.

There will be no elsewhere....it is up to Asobo to fix this.

John

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased FSUIPC7 via SimMarket and got with it a licence key. After installation FSUIPC7 doesn't seem to work properly and the log file has this error: WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired. Since I don't even know what WideFs7 is or why I should be using it I'm a bit confused.

I even edited the .ini file and changed this:

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=No

But still nothing seems to work.

1 hour ago, SverrirK said:

I purchased FSUIPC7 via SimMarket and got with it a licence key.

Then why are you posting in this thread/topic? Please do not hijack unrelated topics - if you cannot find a topic for your issue, create a new one, And you should try the trial license before purchasing....

After installation FSUIPC7 doesn't seem to work properly

What does this mean? You need to explain what your issue actually is - I cannot help if you just say it isn't  working.

the log file has this error: WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired. Since I don't even know what WideFs7 is or why I should be using it I'm a bit confused.

That is not an error, just an informational message. WideFS is a separate product and requires an additional license. If you don't know what it is, you don't need it.

But still nothing seems to work.

Again, this means nothing. What are you trying to get to work - a button or axis assignment maybe?

Do not respond here. Create a new topic, appropriately titled, and specify what your actual issue is, and include/attach your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files. Please at least read/peruse the provided documentation first - start with the User guide...

John

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with FSUIPC for a while and got great support so I will now get my own license key.
But in future, after I finish all the programming with FSUIPC7 (which is still a lot) I would like to do some testing
of the WideFS. If I have my own key, can I still revert back to a trial key just to test out the WideFS client?

Cheers,

Luc

1 minute ago, SkyCamel said:

If I have my own key, can I still revert back to a trial key just to test out the WideFS client?

You can, or you can use your own FSUIPC7 key with the details of the trial WideFS key (name, address, WideFS key) - just check the box for different WideFS registration details and copy the trial license details into the relevant fields.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

Note you can also use FSUIPC7 on a client PC instead of WideClient, with no need for an additional license. This does not duplicate WideFS/WideClient functionality, but provides most functionality available in FSUIPC7.  See the appendix in the Advanced User guide on how to set this up.

John

Sorry, I feel stupid, but I can't find how to register my key 😞

I checked the user guide and googled the only thing I found was that I should uninstall/reinstall?
But I don't want to loose the work I did so far.

Your advice would be welcome,
Cheers,
Luc

5 minutes ago, SkyCamel said:

I checked the user guide and googled the only thing I found was that I should uninstall/reinstall?
But I don't want to loose the work I did so far.

You currently have to re-run the installer to register. It will uninstall first but you won't lose any settings - just click through to the registration page and enter your details there. You should check for updates and should be re-installing every 4-6 weeks or so, if you want to keep up-to-date.

You can just edit the FSUIPC7.key file with the new details, but the registration won't be validated, so if you make a mistake then FSUIPC7 will run as an unregistered version, and you will have to try again.

Note also that re-installing will install the current released version again (7.3.19), and you will have to replace the FSUIPC7.exe with the 7.3.20a (or 7.3.20b) version.

John

• Like 1

Because I want to test Pilot2ATC for 10 days, the license would not last until May 1.
Would be nice if you extend the license from tomorrow for example.

With kind regards
Kurt

Edited by JackoJ