The simFlight Network Forums

Virgin Atlantic A340-600

MJKERR

As far as I know Virgin Atlantic used 4 liveries during the time the A340-600s were active. Starting with the blue frame and ending with the Thank You livery. Not all of the aircraft were repainted in the same year accordingly to the change of livery, but several (if not all) aircraft carried more than one of the liveries. (The order was, if I am not mistaken, blue frame, light red, metallic red, thank you.)

Assuming my information is correct, there was not a single aircraft (reg no.) that had a custom livery. Exactly which aircraft served Gabor as a template should therefore be irrelevant.

At least that is my humble opinion, provided I got your initial question right, especially because...

10 hours ago, hexzed said:

Gabor doesn't do precision

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EliGrim said:

As far as I know Virgin Atlantic used 4 liveries during the time the A340-600s were active. Starting with the blue frame and ending with the Thank You livery. Not all of the aircraft were repainted in the same year accordingly to the change of livery, but several (if not all) aircraft carried more than one of the liveries. (The order was, if I am not mistaken, blue frame, light red, metallic red, thank you.)

Assuming my information is correct, there was not a single aircraft (reg no.) that had a custom livery. Exactly which aircraft served Gabor as a template should therefore be irrelevant.

At least that is my humble opinion, provided I got your initial question right, especially because...

Think you have it spot on matey but as Virgin Atlantic make their own rules up anything goes as they say...😉 

Found something on the infamous interweb earlier that seems to account for most of them 1533384133_VS346History.png.9829f3a331ff68fc46ae76d649586c21.png

Getting back to the in game liveries there are three in the actual RC's (Revised JFK_04, ATL_07 and LHR_32) and all 3 are different and as already stated are not probably based on any specific aircraft and indeed 2 of them are not accurate anyway as the Virgin logo on the starboard tail is  pointing the wrong way (yes me being pedantic and got Gabor to change this before release of the latest RC pack that included this aircraft) The most accurate would be the last one released in the EGLL RC pack. 😁

image.thumb.png.0fadbdb73773f16b06aa085778a8d86e.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RayFH said:

If you are looking for accuracy, then consider that Virgin retired the A340-600, and no longer has any in the fleet.

Very true....and driving past Bournemouth Airport yesterday there were 7 A340's, at least 5 of them are sitting there in European Cargo ex Virgin livery. A sight to behold dwarfing the mandatory Ryanscare B738.

3 hours ago, RayFH said:

If you are looking for accuracy, then consider that Virgin retired the A340-600, and no longer has any in the fleet.

My EGLL timetable is summer 2018, so the A340-600 was operational
I am just trying to work out which livery was correct at the time

3 hours ago, MJKERR said:

My EGLL timetable is summer 2018, so the A340-600 was operational
I am just trying to work out which livery was correct at the time

Go to Jetphotos.com, click on the search field, click "Advanced search", enter "Airbus A340" in the "Aircraft" field, enter "Virgin Atlantic" in the "Airline" field, enter "EGLL" in the "Country / Airport" field, select "2018" in the "Photo year" drop-down field and click "Search".

And you'll find each of them, so you can pick the one you like best. 😉

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

Go to Jetphotos.com, you'll find each of them, so you can pick the one you like best.

As per my original post, I am aware there were three liveries
I was having difficulty trying to match them to what was available in Tower 3D
Ironic, the latest version is correct, and more correct than the other two
I had hoped to include all three, but as the other two have livery errors there is no point including them

In EGLL the text for the logo looks blurred, but I suspect it is due to it being so thin

• Confused 1