The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC V6 not recognize Lua file

I have updated my P3D V4 and P3D V5 with FSUIPC 6.
In P3d v4 I have Laap installed (http://laap.atc.free.fr) in the modules folder of P3D V4 and this works fine. In P3D V5 laap is installed in ...\documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Fsuipc6 (See A.jpg)
The file LaapATCv21.lua is not read by FSuipc6 and also I cannot find a FSuipc.log file.
Fsuipc6 is registered and P3D v5 recognizes FSUIPC . I do not know what the reason is that I cannot get the program to work

A.jpg.c154ce0026be3fb95db9bd657fc2e0e9.jpg

YOU POSTED THIS SUPPORT QUESTION AS AN "ANNOUNCEMENT"! PLEASE TAKE MORE CARE WHEN POSTING!

12 hours ago, jackdeheer said:

The file LaapATCv21.lua is not read by FSuipc6 and also I cannot find a FSuipc.log file.
Fsuipc6 is registered and P3D v5 recognizes FSUIPC . I do not know what the reason is that I cannot get the program to work

Where did you install FSUIPC6? That is where the Lua plug-ins must go, and also where you'll find the run-time FSUIPC6.LOG file.

If you don't remember what folder you chose for installation, install it again and choose more wisely (eg I create a C:\FSUIPC6 folder). It doesn't take long.

Pete

You can also determine your installation folder by using the 'Open Installation Folder' button, in the FSUIPC6 logging tab.
And please see the FSUIPC7 Installation and Registration.pdf for details on where things are installed - nobody seems to read this or pay attention to where they are installing....

• 10 months later...

I am having this same problem also. Tried everything and read many questions and answers about it. My Lua files do not appear in the option "control sent when button pressed"... I uninstalled and reinstalled fsuipc6 three times with all the default options. Used <C:\users\XXXXX\Documents\Prepar3d V5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6> for installation, put my .lua file there toghether with FSUIPC6.ini, FSUIPC.dll, installFSUIPC6.log etc.

Please help !! What could be wrong ?

Read all manuals with attention and going crazy with this. The only strange thing that happens is the option for Prepar3d 4 appears, when I don´t have it installed, but I unchecked the option.

I include my installation log here. Do I need to change something in the installation ?

InstallFSUIPC6.log

7 hours ago, Gilson said:

Do I need to change something in the installation ?

Yes - select a different folder for installation. The Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6 folder should only be used for the add-on.xml file and not as the installation folder. This can cause issues with Windows, especially in windows 11. 

So, re-run the installer and select a different installation location, not under any windows protected folders (such as Documents or Program Files).
You can skip registration and copy/move across your FSUIPC6.key and FSUIPC6.ini files after installation, as wel as your *.lua diles and any *.mcro & *.dll files that you may use.

If you still get the same problem, please show me your FSUIPC6.ini file.

John

I am having this same problem also. Tried everything and read many questions and answers about it. My Lua files do not appear in the option "control sent when button pressed"... I uninstalled and reinstalled fsuipc6 three times with all the default options. Used <C:\users\XXXXX\Documents\Prepar3d V5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6> for installation, put my .lua file there toghether with FSUIPC6.ini, FSUIPC.dll, installFSUIPC6.log etc.

Please help !! What could be wrong ?

Read all manuals with attention and going crazy with this. The only strange thing that happens is the option for Prepar3d 4 appears, when I don´t have it installed, but I unchecked the option.

I include my installation log here. Do I need to change something in the installation ?

On 4/27/2022 at 9:39 PM, Gilson said:

Tried and it worked. Thanks

I have one more question...

Which are the requisits for a lua sketch to appear on the list for buttons assignement on FSUIPC6 running on windows 11, installed on c:\FSUIPC6 ?

Compiles ok ? Are in a certain directory ? Does it have to use a special name ?

Thanks again

2 hours ago, Gilson said:

Which are the requisits for a lua sketch to appear on the list for buttons assignement on FSUIPC6 running on windows 11, installed on c:\FSUIPC6 ?

Compiles ok ? Are in a certain directory ? Does it have to use a special name ?

I do not understand the term sketch  in your question, but please read the document FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf (which will be in your FSUIPC documents folder, under your Windows Documents folder). Extensive documentation is provided so that I don't spend all day responding to such questions - please check the documentation (and existing support requests - most questions have been asked before...) before requesting support.

John