The simFlight Network Forums

Some niggles from a newbie - Tower 3DPro

KymriskaDraken

I've had T3D for a couple of weeks and there are a couple of things that I'd like to moan about, and perhaps clarify:

* When an aircraft contacts the tower on approach is the "Enter Final" command the most appropriate? I vaguely remember aircraft being told to "Continue approach" when they called in.

* There doesn't appear to be a pause button on multiplayer

* There doesn't seem to be a way of saving a session so that it can be picked up at a later time.

* How far apart are the rings on the DBRITE?

* Is it possible to put extra info on the strips? Things like taxi clearances would be helpful, especially if there are a lot of aircradft trundling about. 

* Is it possible to see which way an aircraft will go after take-off? This would be helpful for sorting departure order at a busier airport. 

That's all I can think of for now!

Kev

Hi Kev,

Once an arrival contacts you they are already on final, you only need to give a "Kookaburra 123 Runway 25 Left cleared to land, unless you want to switch runways. In that case give them Enter Final XYZ.

Not played multiplayer so don't know that one.

No save function

I believe the DBRITE are 5 mile rings (I hope so as that's how I separate heavies with mediums or less following)

I think you can enter information (type in) on strips, not something I have tried though

The way I have determined direction on take off with a new release is to sit there with an excel open and enter each departure and record which direction it went (ie N-NE-E etc). Then when I play I have the spreadsheet alongside my Tower view with just two columns of the spreadsheet visible for easy reference.

Salad has already replied while I was busy taking screenshots. Nevertheless, here is my approach:

4 hours ago, KymriskaDraken said:

* When an aircraft contacts the tower on approach is the "Enter Final" command the most appropriate? I vaguely remember aircraft being told to "Continue approach" when they called in.

As Salad has already written, flights at handover are already on their very long final. ENTER FINAL is to be equated here with CHANGE TO. CONTINUE APPROACH is not a thing in T!3D.

* There doesn't appear to be a pause button on multiplayer

That's right! This is either a game design decision or there were some difficulties in communicating via UDP Peer-to-Peer with a pause option and it was therefore dropped.

* There doesn't seem to be a way of saving a session so that it can be picked up at a later time.

Correct, this option was often requested but unfortunately never delivered. We can only hope for it in the new Tower version.

* How far apart are the rings on the DBRITE?

5 nautical miles (6076 feet or 1852 meters) - I can't say how accurate the game is though.

* Is it possible to put extra info on the strips? Things like taxi clearances would be helpful, especially if there are a lot of aircradft trundling about.

There is a free text field on the strips.ftf_t3d_db_tot.thumb.jpg.fa9818a8b6ef5b015700a93c8252f2b4.jpg

* Is it possible to see which way an aircraft will go after take-off? This would be helpful for sorting departure order at a busier airport.

Since I don't want my head to explode, I'll leave it to you to figure it out. Example KSEA, runway 16L:ftf_t3d_db_fdt.jpg.c6d6c4754af6e5bb4ea4e77bb9f907fe.jpg

If the handoff is issued inside a 5NM radius, the turn starts at the 5NM ring. Or directly after the handoff if it's issued outside the 5NM ring.

• Upvote 1