The simFlight Network Forums

PROSIM A3xx with FSUIPC6: How to Read ADIRS value in A3XX OVHD

*** Moved from User Contributions to FSUIPC7 support forum ***

Hello Pete and John, I want to read the value of the ADIRS panel display in the overhead of a A3XX.

Is there a Simconnect / FSUIPC Offset available?

I try to display this value on my LED Display Hardware.

thanks

Alhard

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

First, you posted in the User Contributions sub-forum. That is not the place for support requests - I have moved your post for you. Please take care to post in the correct forum for support for future requests - here for FSUIPC7 or the main support forum for all other FSUIPC products.

Which version of FSUIPC are you using?
What A3XX? Is this a stock aircraft or an add-on or mod?
Have you checked available Lvars? And also hvars, if using FSUIPC7.

Hello John, sorry for beeing in the wrong Sub-forum. The text "NOT for support requests" was misleading me.

I am using all FSUIPC Versions up to V7, and my question goes to FSUIPC 6 (P3D). My Airbus is the FSL A320 and/or the PROSIM Cockpit builder Version.

As FS11 (MSFS) is not yet stable enough, I just play around and not using FSUIPC7 for now. But if you have an offset for the default A320 in FS11, then I am interested. Are there LVARS available?

What do you want to know more?

1 hour ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

The text "NOT for support requests" was misleading me.

I'm sorry, but how is that misleading? It means the forum is not for support requests....how can I make that more understandable?

My Airbus is the FSL A320 and/or the PROSIM Cockpit builder Version.

And/or? I'm sorry, but they are very different and will (most probably) need different configurations....

But if you have an offset for the default A320 in FS11,

An offset for what?
All offsets are documented in the offset status document. For what you call FS11, and I (and most people) refer to as MSFS2020, then please see the addtional offset spreadsheet included in the downloadable zip. There are some specific offets for the A320 in FSUIPC7, but not related to ADIRS.

Are there LVARS available?

If talking about FSUIPC7, then yes, they are available via the FSUIPC7 WASM module, with the WAPI enabled. Please see the user guides provided (or the many support forum questions).

What do you want to know more?

I can answer specific questions if you let me know the FSUIPC version, FS version and aircraft that you are using...or try to... Note I do not have the FS LABs A320, or any PMDG aircraft.  But I still support these if using FSUIPC, but I need to know the details, i.e. which FSUIPC version, which FS, which aircraft.

And please consult the manuals and search the support forum for similar questions before posting. And, when you post, please give as much info as possible.

For example, for ADIRS knobs in the FBWE A320, I see these LVARS/Valculator code are available:

Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_1 0 OFF ADIRS 1 KNOB - OFF INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_1_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_1 1 NAV ADIRS 1 KNOB - NAV INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_1_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_1 2 ATT ADIRS 1 KNOB - ATT INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_1_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_2 0 OFF ADIRS 2 KNOB - OFF INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_2_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_2 1 NAV ADIRS 2 KNOB - NAV INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_2_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_2 2 ATT ADIRS 2 KNOB - ATT INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_2_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_3 0 OFF ADIRS 3 KNOB - OFF INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_3_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_3 1 NAV ADIRS 3 KNOB - NAV INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_3_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)
Input L A32NX_ADIRS_KNOB_3 2 ATT ADIRS 3 KNOB - ATT INCORRECT INTERNAL VARIABLE. Right one is (>L:A32NX_OVHD_ADIRS_IR_3_MODE_SELECTOR_KNOB)

Thats from the MobiFlight spreadsheet - see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jTXlcHaJWx0B7TB63Pmma7bKwpxsxXJO6EJ3ECt7zpc/edit#gid=172455454

John

22 hours ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

The text "NOT for support requests" was misleading me.

I'm sorry, but how is that misleading? It means the forum is not for support requests....how can I make that more understandable?

Please excuse me, even I created a lot of posts in the past, I overlooked this time the "create new topic" at he end of main forum title.

All is ok!

22 hours ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

My Airbus is the FSL A320 and/or the PROSIM Cockpit builder Version.

And/or? I'm sorry, but they are very different and will (most probably) need different configurations....

I need at first the information about reading ADIRS values with FUIPC6  in PROSIM A320 149B7.

We are using as Hardware ARDUINO and PoKeys Interface.

--

Referring the MSFS2020 items , as there is not yet an  A320 available with LVARS, SimConnect, etc. for OVHD_ADIRS functions. The "KNOB" functions I already found, but I don't need it for now. Waiting for the Fenix Bus some time.

Great Thanks  for your large response.

Alhard

I need at first the information about reading ADIRS values with FUIPC6  in PROSIM A320 149B7.

I don't have or know much about the ProSim A320 so I can't help much with this unfortunately. I suggest you either ask on the prosim forums, or create a new topic in the main FSUIPC support forum (https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/) with an appropriate title to attract other ProSim A320/FSUIPC6 users.

Referring the MSFS2020 items , as there is not yet an  A320 available with LVARS, SimConnect, etc. for OVHD_ADIRS functions. The "KNOB" functions I already found, but I don't need it for now.

Well, they are available in the FBW A320....

Cheers,

John

• John Dowson changed the title to PROSIM A3xx with FSUIPC6: How to Read ADIRS value in A3XX OVHD