The simFlight Network Forums

back from msfs and now I have a problem

bosmass

So I decided to come back to P3D V4 becasue msfs is a long long way from being a simulator that suits my needs. My biggest enjoyment from flight simulators is ai traffic and STB is my can't live without tool, so I came back. I installed ai packages from AIGM OCI and installed some add on airports but I have an issue. I have the latest version of STB but when I start at an airport the airport is not in the drop down menu and it just shows "all". I have run make runways and compile airports many times and I also ran make runways from the creators website and it has not changed anything. I don't think it's a huge problem but I have been away from P3D V4 and I have forgotten about the quirks and settings of the game. Thank you

So forgive me for asking the obvious question, but there are actual AI aircraft present in the simulator at the time of the above screenshot?  If so, please set up a trace as per Appendix C of the user guide, reproduce the problem above and send me the trace file.

Simon

I thought there was but that's part of the problem. I downloaded over 600 packages and when I fired up STB I expected to see all my airlines and was disappointed that I saw nothing. Does STB work with AIGM OCI? When I left P3D everything was working together but now it seems things have changed. If I put the default traffic file back then I can select an airport on STB and I can see the AIGM airlines and default airlines on the STB. I can only select the default ones and the AIGM ones just say "waiting".

On 8/3/2021 at 6:56 AM, bosmass said:

I thought there was but that's part of the problem. I downloaded over 600 packages and when I fired up STB I expected to see all my airlines and was disappointed that I saw nothing. Does STB work with AIGM OCI? When I left P3D everything was working together but now it seems things have changed. If I put the default traffic file back then I can select an airport on STB and I can see the AIGM airlines and default airlines on the STB. I can only select the default ones and the AIGM ones just say "waiting".

Yes they have changed.  AIG seems to have moved away from standard BGL format and have their own traffic injector.  So we have the same restrictions as we used to for Ultimate Traffic Live and others that use simular methods.

ok, so does that mean that STB will not work with AIGM-OCI? If that is the case then it's bad news for me. I would rather have STB working but I don't feel like manually installing 900 airline packages especially for a game that I "temporarily" installed until MSFS gets their act together. 

What I don't understand is that AIGM-OCI saves the files as bgl's which is what STB uses I think. I don't use the AIGPF and don't even know what it is. I did find a solution. I luckily saved all my custom airline packages and if just drop the simobjects and traffic files into P3D folder then STB works like a champ. I would just rather be able to use AIGM-OCI because it's always being updated and just easier to install everything.

OK, I failed to get Prepar3D V5 working so had to give that one up, however Prepar3D V4 is working just fine.  I downloaded a few OCI airlines with AIG (also a new install) and STB seemed to work with them fine.  If you need to pursue this any further, I'd be glad to help now Prepar3D is back.