The simFlight Network Forums

Make Runways. Version 5.127 not working in P3D v5,2?

It seem in the latest p3d v5,2 I can't seem to get the make runways running. That have never happen before.  I have made both files this and Lorby ticked as run as administrator. 

All the best

Jens Michlas

Frederiksberg, Greater Copenhagen DK

5.jpg.941fd08d5177aa3a918ec97b19750547.jpg

2 hours ago, Julean said:

It seem in the latest p3d v5,2 I can't seem to get the make runways running. That have never happen before.  I have made both files this and Lorby ticked as run as administrator. 

I moved your support question to the Support Forum. Please do not post such into reference subforums.

There is absolutely no difference in how MakeRunways works for P3D 5.2 to any previous versions. Check the Runways.txt file -- see what scenery cfg file it is using (it'll say within the first few lines). Then see if that file is correct. Maybe you have a broken main scenery.cfg file which messes the Lorby scanning program up.  If you aren't sure, show me the scenery.cfg file (the file itself, not pictures!).

Pete

• Like 1

That was for you to look at to see which file to look at — in this case MakeRwys_scenery.cfg

Anyway this shows that MakeRwys and the Lorby program ran ok but that there’s something wrong with your P3D scenery.cfg file. Some scenery updater has probably corrupted it. That file is in the Windows ProgramData folder, in the P3D section.

You can show me that if you need help.

Pete

• Like 1

I don't know exactly what the Lorby program does but the first few entries in your Scenery.CFG file look bad:

[Area.001]
Title=
Local=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=1

[Area.002]
Title=
Local=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=2

[Area.003]
Title=
Local=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=4

[Area.004]
Title=
Local=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=5

[Area.005]
Title=
Local=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=6

[Area.006]
Title=
Local=
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=7

I suspect it is those which stop the scenery export program doing its job. Having entries with no name and no folder path is pretty obviously wrong. I don't know how this happened, but you need to correct it.

Maybe the AddonOrganizer can do the job for you -- delete those areas? Or delete them manually ang get the AddonOrganizer to do the renumbering then needed?

Pete

• Like 1