The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Trim wheel query.

Ron Attwood

Saitek Trim wheel.

Anyone who has one knows you have to give it a twirl before windows recognises it. 'bing bong'

However, 🙂 having twirled it then started MFS, FSUIPC doesn't automatically assign it to it's task as per every other controller. You have to go into Assingments\ Axis move a control then Rescan, twirl the trim and THEN it will show as Axis elevator trim.

Have I missed a trick? Is it a known foible?

It's a routine I've got into so it's not desperate, but know what it's like when you have ab itch.

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

Anyone who has one knows you have to give it a twirl before windows recognises it. 'bing bong'

Not really, but check that you have power management disabled on that device.

4 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

However, 🙂 having twirled it then started MFS, FSUIPC doesn't automatically assign it to it's task as per every other controller. You have to go into Assingments\ Axis move a control then Rescan, twirl the trim and THEN it will show as Axis elevator trim.

Have I missed a trick? Is it a known foible?

Sounds like its not being recognised by FSUIPC as it isn't for windows. Check your FSUIPC7.log file to see if its recognised when you start FSUIPC7. Better yet, keep the log console open, and you should see when the device is detected, if it isn't detected at start-up.

Do you have any saitek software or drivers installed for this device? If so, you could try removing them and let windows install a default driver. I don't know about the trim wheeel, but we recommend not to use saitek drivers or software for most of their kit.

• John Dowson changed the title to Saitek Trim wheel query.

Damn me if you haven't hit the spot again! For the record, all my controllers are driven by windows.

Looking at the properties of the Saitek\drivers I went to the system32\drivers and lo and behold there were two identical driver files but different dates. I took them both out but there was a 'hiccup' and only one made it to my desktop. I then removed the trim wheel and restarted. I expected window to run through it 'new thingy' thing but it didn't.

Eventually I replaced the driver file, restarted and then started MFS. The trim wheel was operational right off the bat, no faffing. FSUIPC doesn't need to be 'nudged' into finding it.

LG

Thanks John...Again. 🙂