The simFlight Network Forums

FSX crashing

FSX has started crashing, usually when I have been running for a couple of hours. Below is the event log.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.7.6, time stamp: 0x6001e32f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000c3490
Faulting process ID: 0x5988
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78e14210c28ab
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll
Report ID: bdc2f36e-54e6-4939-9d4e-2bf6f127a219
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have tried deleting FSUIPC and reloading it but I am still having problems. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I have enclosed my log file.

Thank you.

FSUIPC4.log

Edited by Allan Hook

1 hour ago, Allan Hook said:

FSX has started crashing, usually when I have been running for a couple of hours. Below is the event log.

The Log you attached shows a successful close-down, not a crash.  This was after a session of 1hr57mins. The only odd thing in the Log is the hige number of stoppages in the first 46 minutes, before you loaded a flight from RJAF to RJNH using the SOAR DG8085.

Without a log from a session which crashed I can't really help.  You also need to state what add-ons you were using at the time of the crash. I think it is most likely to be down to one of those. Perhaps you can remember what you changed before FSX started crashing. I assume it wasn't always crashing before you changed something?

Pete

I got right to the end of the flight and then the screen greyed out and it said that FSX had stopped responding. I left it going and then it closed of it's own accord.

I think all the stoppages were when I found a lot of joystick commands seemed to have vanished so I had to reprogram them.

I have another flight booked for Thursday, I'll see how that goes. Thank you for responding so rapidly.  

14 hours ago, Allan Hook said:

I think all the stoppages were when I found a lot of joystick commands seemed to have vanished so I had to reprogram them.

Re-programmed in FSUIPC or FSX?

FSUIPC doesn't "lose" settings, but there are several reasons why a joystick ID might change. If you are using the facility to use Letters instead of Numbers for IDs then FSUIPC can usually deal with that automatically.

Anyway, next time there's a problem check the Event Viewer for both or either of FSUIPC and FSX crashing (one might lead to the other), and supply your FSUIPC4.INI file as well as the FSUIPC4.LOG for the crash.

Pete

I had the settings in FSX. I had completely uninstalled FSUIPC and hasn't had time to set the joystick up again. Should have saved the file with the settings but I got rid of it all.

I did this because the event viewer said the faulting path pinned to FSUIPC.dll

Anyway thanks for your reply, I am doing another flight tonight. Let's see what happens then!

I tried again last night and FSX would not even start with FSUIPC loaded.

It stated that it had detected a problem with the file Modules\FSUIPC4.dll. I tried running anyway but it just crashed out straight away. So I decided to delete FSUIPC again and reload it. Before I ran again I looked at my FSX.cfg file and found the following:-

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.cuwbbchunnohotzzzwteeerwwzrtktkwlrttbuhz=1
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.eqrbheqkwzruqckacaknllklonrcechibruhhalk=1

I didn't think there should be two entries so I deleted them both and when I ran FSX again it put the top entry in again. Whether or not this was the problem I don't know but it is all running fine now. How it got two entries in is a mystery to me, probably due to something I did but don't ask me what.

Anyway, everything seems to be running fine now. I would like to thank you for taking the trouble to try and find out what I was doing wrong and apologise for wasting your time.

I think that FSUIPC is a fantastic bit of kit and would like to thank you for developing it.