Using FSUIPC7
Buttons assignments
Flaps Inc / Dec

Example:
from flaps Up
Button assigned to Inc Flaps
flaps go to full down rather than Half

I e-mailed Dino Cattaneo about this problem and he replied:

“For the record, there is no special code for flaps control in the T-45 - everything is handled at sim level.”

Your log shows FLAPS_UP and FLAPS_DOWN controls being sent, and not FLAPS_INCR and FLAPS_DECR, which explains the issue - parially.
Can you check your assignments in MSFS for the buttons you are using for the flaps in the T-45C, as these controls are not coming from FSUIPC.
Also, your flaps in/dec are assigned to different buttons in different profiles. Can you please generate a new log for me, the same as before but also activate logging for Buttons & Keys. For the T-45C, your flaps are assigned to your Warthog Throttle.

6 minutes ago, von said:

What does the ini file I sent show?

As I said:

21 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Also, your flaps in/dec are assigned to different buttons in different profiles. Can you please generate a new log for me, the same as before but also activate logging for Buttons & Keys. For the T-45C, your flaps are assigned to your Warthog Throttle.

Buttons 21 and 22, as your images show - but the ini is a lot more readable for me, not sure why you posted those images.

I have several saved profiles for my devices e.g., CH pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog , Thrustmaster Airbus.

All should use Flaps Inc, Dec.

The reason I posted those images was to show what I wanted sent to the sim when I moved the switch on the Thrustmaster Warthog.
Just to verify if it is ok to send images that I think would be helpful?

All my profiles in the sim should be blank so fsuipc controls the functions sent to the sim.
Because throttle, ailerons ect. were all working I assumed my profile was ok except for the flaps.

My ini file should show I never select Flaps Up or Down.
For all aircraft in all my profiles and FSUIPC I select Flaps Inc / Dec.

Is that what you see in the ini file I sent?

You mentioned: "Also, your flaps in/dec are assigned to different buttons in different profiles."

I now went and found that the profile in use was “MSFS default” for Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle instead of the required blank profile that I had set up long time ago for FSUIPC. The Thrustmaster Joystick profile was correct (not the MSFS default).
Maybe this happened after the last MSFS Update.

Anyway, I selected my blank profile and now the flaps are working.

Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, von said:

I now went and found that the profile in use was “MSFS default” for Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle instead of the required blank profile that I had set up long time ago for FSUIPC. The Thrustmaster Joystick profile was correct (not the MSFS default). Maybe this happened after the last MSFS Update.

Yes, that would have been the issue. However, I'm surprised that there were no FLAPS_INCR or FLAPS_DECR controls logged as well, coming from FSUIPC, which is why I asked for the additional logging. However, if its now working then there is no need, but still strange...

John

There is a interesting "Simvars.exe" in the MSFS SDK > Samples > SimvarWatcher > bin > x64 > Release.

Start the MSFS Simulator.

[ Connect ]

It can be a help and test for developers.

I'm adapting my Software "ATIasHold" for use with the MSFS. So far no problem.

Raimund

AcquistoMSFS2020_8.png

10 minutes ago, forstmeier said:

There is a interesting "Simvars.exe" in the MSFS SDK > Samples > SimvarWatcher > bin > x64 > Release.

Yes, that has been available from the initial release. However, if developing using FSUIPC offsets, you may find the FSInterrogate2 utility useful - its available in the Utils folder of your FSUIPC7 installation.

John

P.S. not sure your post is related to this thread!

Edited by John Dowson
PS added