The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Commercial License for hardware.

Hello,

I am making hardware for flight simulators and I am selling it to customers. I am using Mobiflight which requires FSUIPC. I know that some features are not able to be used without the registered version of FSUIPC. However, all the features that I need are avaliable to me in the unregistered version. Do I need a commercial license to include the FSUIPC software in my driver software which will automatically install it on the customers computer?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Cian_R said:

Do I need a commercial license to include the FSUIPC software in my driver software which will automatically install it on the customers computer?

Not anymore. Commercial licenses used to be necessary, but ended up being a bit of a mess to administrate, so  we do not do this anymore. So you are free to include whatever products we offer (as long as that doesn't include a license, of course!).  We appreciate of being notified of such use, and maybe a free license for your software, and, if your profits allow,  also a contribution via purchasing a license or two, if you consider that appropriate - but up to you.

John

Later: sorry, in your case, i.e .for hardware, just go ahead. No charge or license necessary. Just make sure you include any relevant documentation. I do not want to be the first port of call for issues with your customers!

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

32 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Not anymore. Commercial licenses used to be necessary, but ended up being a bit of a mess to administrate, so  we do not do this anymore. So you are free to include whatever products we offer (as long as that doesn't include a license, of course!).  We appreciate of being notified of such use, and maybe a free license for your software, and, if your profits allow,  also a contribution via purchasing a license or two, if you consider that appropriate - but up to you.

John

Later: sorry, in your case, i.e .for hardware, just go ahead. No charge or license necessary. Just make sure you include any relevant documentation. I do not want to be the first port of call for issues with your customers!

Thanks for the clarification. I will definitely donate as it would be a lot more expensive to develop without your guys software! Thank you!